Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
  1. #46
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I mean, Red Robin was supposed to be Jason's identity instead of Red Hood before Morrison derailed editorial plans.
    I think that worked out for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think Hush had Sgt. Rock, Wonder Woman Bloodlines had Death, The Phantom Stranger was on Red Son, and Apokolips War came with Adam Strange. It was talked about when it was announced, but for whatever reason not as much since.
    Yeah, they were packaged as bonus features for the main movies. The same thing happened with the original batch of Showcase shorts.

  2. #47
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Hope the showcase shorts get packaged together in a new collection eventually, maybe even with the old ones.

  3. #48
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hope the showcase shorts get packaged together in a new collection eventually, maybe even with the old ones.
    I think they will be included with A Death in the Family.

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    This seems lazy and at the same time innovative
    Lazy since it's mostly just a re-release and innovative with the interactive elements.

    Curious what part Talia will play in this.
    I hope we don't get more slut shaming like they have been doing non stop in these animated movies

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that worked out for the best.
    Thank You Morrison

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think Hush had Sgt. Rock, Wonder Woman Bloodlines had Death, The Phantom Stranger was on Red Son, and Apokolips War came with Adam Strange. It was talked about when it was announced, but for whatever reason not as much since.
    Sgt Rock the guy from Death Metal? also curious how no one is talking about Hush winning an Emmy. Congrats to James tucker and the animation team

  7. #52
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This seems lazy and at the same time innovative
    Lazy since it's mostly just a re-release and innovative with the interactive elements.

    Curious what part Talia will play in this.
    I hope we don't get more slut shaming like they have been doing non stop in these animated movies
    I think the actual re-used footage will be pretty minor compared to the original content, so I wouldn't call it a re-release. We're not getting the full UtRH film again.

    Can you point out any specific slut-shaming? I mean, how they used Batgirl in Killing Joke was pretty bad, but I'm not sure of any other example.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Sgt Rock the guy from Death Metal? also curious how no one is talking about Hush winning an Emmy. Congrats to James tucker and the animation team
    I didn't absolutely love the film, but congratulations .

  8. #53
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Sgt Rock the guy from Death Metal? also curious how no one is talking about Hush winning an Emmy. Congrats to James tucker and the animation team
    I don't know about Death Metal, but in the short he leads the Creature Commandos

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the actual re-used footage will be pretty minor compared to the original content, so I wouldn't call it a re-release. We're not getting the full UtRH film again.

    Can you point out any specific slut-shaming? I mean, how they used Batgirl in Killing Joke was pretty bad, but I'm not sure of any other example.

    I didn't absolutely love the film, but congratulations .
    The carrying on of the Drugged retcon even though it had been retconed in the comics
    Damian in Hush advising his dad to be careful about getting drugged. I left Babs out since I was just curious about Talia's bigger role her.

    I'm hoping they don't go full Winnick.

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know about Death Metal, but in the short he leads the Creature Commandos
    I saw the shot and liked it. I was wondering if it was the same guy in DM If it was I was going to check out the issues with him

  11. #56
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The carrying on of the Drugged retcon even though it had been retconed in the comics
    Damian in Hush advising his dad to be careful about getting drugged. I left Babs out since I was just curious about Talia's bigger role her.

    I'm hoping they don't go full Winnick.
    In no way is the drugging "slut shaming."

    Also this doesn't follow the comics continuity 1 to 1, the drugging is more famous at this point than the retcon, and it fits the very villainous take on Talia here (dear lord she's evil, did you not see Bad Blood?).

  12. #57
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    Is Talia even supposed to appear in the movie?
    She wasn't part of the original BUtRH movie, or am I misremembering?
    Wasn't it Ra's al Ghul who put Jason in the Lazarus pit in the movie?

  13. #58
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Is Talia even supposed to appear in the movie?
    She wasn't part of the original BUtRH movie, or am I misremembering?
    Wasn't it Ra's al Ghul who put Jason in the Lazarus pit in the movie?
    I think that Talia appears in a scene on the movie when Jason's body was put in the she never speak, so she was not important (i could be missremembering thought and i'm just confusing her with a random characther or my memory is bad and no else was there).

    Still, the decision of using the pit on Jason was Ra's in the movie, unlike the comic where he considered him an abomination or something.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #59
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Is Talia even supposed to appear in the movie?
    She wasn't part of the original BUtRH movie, or am I misremembering?
    Wasn't it Ra's al Ghul who put Jason in the Lazarus pit in the movie?
    A bit role in the film. Can't even be called a cameo.

    But that whole part was quite a bit different from the comics.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    In no way is the drugging "slut shaming."

    Also this doesn't follow the comics continuity 1 to 1, the drugging is more famous at this point than the retcon, and it fits the very villainous take on Talia here (dear lord she's evil, did you not see Bad Blood?).
    The movies made the drugging Famous.

    The Drugging was retconed before Flashpoint. The movies purposefully went that way [James tucker claims to keenly follow Damian so he would have been aware when Morrison changed it in a Damian story]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •