Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Such a bizarre idea. I don't really get it other than I guess they are trying to have the "interactive" thing tie back to the whole original call in vote for Jason's death in the comics, but here have it be some movie choice thing? Just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Such a bizarre idea. I don't really get it other than I guess they are trying to have the "interactive" thing tie back to the whole original call in vote for Jason's death in the comics, but here have it be some movie choice thing? Just odd.
    I think that is the exact reason they are doing this. That, and choose your own adventure specials have been becoming more popular these days (especially on Netflix).

Mighty Member

Under the Red Hood was one of the better DC animated movies, so I'm kind of looking forward to this...though I'm kind of curious if the actions are more than just giving Jason alternate skins (Jason becomes Red Hood if he dies, Jason becomes Hush if he cheats death, or Jason becomes Red Robin if he is saved by Batman).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that is the exact reason they are doing this. That, and choose your own adventure specials have been becoming more popular these days (especially on Netflix).
    Agreed. I suspect both the Netflix interactive shows and Marvel’s upcoming What If? series has been inspiring here, plus a means of effectively celebrating UTRH’s 10th Anniversary in a way that adds additional content in a rational way via the Jason as Red Robin and Jason as Hush short interactive films alongside what I assume will be a condensed and semi narrative version of the original film with possibly some extra content. But if it does well I am hoping they could do something more ambitious and entirely from the ground up.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Under the Red Hood was one of the better DC animated movies, so I'm kind of looking forward to this...though I'm kind of curious if the actions are more than just giving Jason alternate skins (Jason becomes Red Hood if he dies, Jason becomes Hush if he cheats death, or Jason becomes Red Robin if he is saved by Batman).
    Going by the footage they’re reusing stuff from UTRH except for the two core alternatives, which I think are original. Jason is probably working under different conditions and personalities in each case, with his near death making him more aggressive as Red Robin whilst still under Bruce’s guard, whilst as Hush he’ll have a more unhinged sense of justice than he even had as Red Hood. I reckon it’s going to effectively an animated movie style of the Telltale Batman game where we had Vigilante vs Villain Joker in two completely different final episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    There's already some different scenes shown. Red Robin going against Two Face, Hush about to snipe Cheetah, none of which is from Under the Red Hood. Yes there's the Red Robin firing at Black Mask that's obviously just an alternate skin, but there's definitely new stuff as well.

There's new content pre-warehouse choice too, as far as I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    There's new content pre-warehouse choice too, as far as I see.
    I assume that's part of the expanded/prequel portion, aka why it's called A Death in the Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I assume that's part of the expanded/prequel portion, aka why it's called A Death in the Family.
    Ah, right. Makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah, right. Makes a lot of sense.
    I know, we're so focused on the interactive choose your own Under the Red Hood adventure that it's easy to forget about the actual death of Jason Todd adaptation portion of this movie.

Extraordinary Member

I’m predicting that the “save Robin” choice ends up allowing Joker or some other badguy to detonate a dirty bomb, or something, using that radioactive material mentioned in the trailer; the resulting problems it causes in the wider world is what allows Red Robin Jason to go down a still darker path, but maybe still as a heroic character overall.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Or he could also be traumatized by his beating and near-death experience, even after Batman saves him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Or he could also be traumatized by his beating and near-death experience, even after Batman saves him.
    I’m thinking that the most traumatized by the near death experience is likely the Hush route; the bandages representing him not having recovered on the inside.

Edit: Also, I could be wrong, but I think Jason is flipping off Black Mask on the Red Robin route with the missile launcher!
    Last edited by godisawesome; 07-29-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Edit: Also, I could be wrong, but I think Jason is flipping off Black Mask on the Red Robin route with the missile launcher!
    I caught that too. I wonder if Red Hood is just a bit more mature or less crass than if he's Red Robin, or if they just couldn't get away with showing the bird a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I caught that too. I wonder if Red Hood is just a bit more mature or less crass than if he's Red Robin, or if they just couldn't get away with showing the bird a decade ago.
    Sounds like Red Robin has something personal against Sionis, unlike Red Hood, who just generally made Sionis mad, provoked him, attacked him because he was looking for Sionis to release Joker from prison.