Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://comicbook.com/gear/news/batm...m_content=Link

The Batman: Death in the Family Blu-ray will also include four previously released animated shorts - Sgt. Rock, Adam Strange, Death, and The Phantom Stranger. The Blu-ray features a disc with all of the shorts in HD, including the fully-interactive, extended-length Batman: Death in the Family plus a digital version of the four other 2019-2020 DC Showcase shorts. Note that the Digital version of this release features the Batman: Death in the Family extended-length short in a non-interactive format entitled Under the Red Hood: Reloaded, Jason Todd’s Rebellion, Robin’s Revenge and Red Hood’s Reckoning. The Blu-ray also offers around five minutes of additional content within the Batman: Death in the Family interactive story that is not included in the Digital version.

Incredible Member

So I'm assuming there will be new animation for this, each outcome amounting to full length 70 minute movies as is the norm for DC animation?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    So I'm assuming there will be new animation for this, each outcome amounting to full length 70 minute movies as is the norm for DC animation?
    I don’t think they’re going to be that long, maybe collectively. They’re effectively doing two shorter films alongside elements of footage from UTRH with some variation, packaged with four animated shorts from 2019/20.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Gonna quote myself from the Jason Todd thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-a-choiceagain

Out Digital and Physical on October 13th

That's a sweet ass cover!!

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I was pumped to see Red Robin show up. Tim hasnt been in the DC Universe has he
    ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I was pumped to see Red Robin show up. Tim hasnt been in the DC Universe has he
    ?
    Sadly, it’s not Tim; it’s a route for Jason where Batman saves him and he remains his partner.

Please note; I’m not begrudging Jason getting that route or even the costume.

I’m begrudging DC for taking Tim out of the costume, putting him in a worse one, and floundering with the character for almost a decade when they had him in the suit and in a successful new status quo before.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Awesome cover, and while appropriate for a Death in the Family movie...kind of implies Red Hood will be a bigger factor than he actually will be. But for marketing it probably makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Sadly, it’s not Tim; it’s a route for Jason where Batman saves him and he remains his partner.

Please note; I’m not begrudging Jason getting that route or even the costume.

I’m begrudging DC for taking Tim out of the costume, putting him in a worse one, and floundering with the character for almost a decade when they had him in the suit and in a successful new status quo before.
    At least Jason's worn it in the comics before, so it's not completely unprecedented, and Tim got to wear it for the Batman Unlimited movies.

I mean, Red Robin was supposed to be Jason's identity instead of Red Hood before Morrison derailed editorial plans.

Thank god for Morrison then.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    When were those four shorts - Sgt. Rock, Adam Strange, Death, and The Phantom Stranger - previously released?
    I can't remember anybody talking about them. But those are four more reasons to buy the blu-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Awesome cover, and while appropriate for a Death in the Family movie...kind of implies Red Hood will be a bigger factor than he actually will be. But for marketing it probably makes more sense.

At least Jason's worn it in the comics before, so it's not completely unprecedented, and Tim got to wear it for the Batman Unlimited movies.
    There was also Batman Ninja i guest.

But it doesn't make it better for me honestly, but i gave up on Tim having any good use in other media and i'm just hoping for a good last run before he is retired and buried forever. Still i had no problem with Jason using it and i'm really interested in see how this movie plays out, althougth the idea that Jason turns into Hush is weird, i wonder how they would handle that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    When were those four shorts - Sgt. Rock, Adam Strange, Death, and The Phantom Stranger - previously released?
    I can't remember anybody talking about them. But those are four more reasons to buy the blu-ray.
    I saw Death when it was released but never heard of the others.

I didn't even knew that they were making shorts again. Death sounds cool thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think Hush had Sgt. Rock, Wonder Woman Bloodlines had Death, The Phantom Stranger was on Red Son, and Apokolips War came with Adam Strange. It was talked about when it was announced, but for whatever reason not as much since.