Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Canceled comics

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So i guess Black cat is finished with 12 this week
    Nope! Not yet, anyhow.

https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status...90528622931970
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I know there are folks that want this book to fail as some trophy for entitlement but lets get something official.
    LOL, the only group that wants that book to fail is Marvel. It's been nothing but a black eye for them since the trailer dropped. Everyone else can't wait to read it. They can't wait to read it for all the wrong reasons,(roasting it for views on YouTube) but they can't wait to read it.

The sad part is the old school team of Warriors are getting dragged along for the ride.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-01-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Old school sounds better than original
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    LOL, the only group that wants that book to fail is Marvel. It's been nothing but a black eye for them since the trailer dropped. Everyone else can't wait to read it. They can't wait to read it for all the wrong reasons,(roasting it for views on YouTube) but they can't wait to read it.

The sad part is the old school team of Warriors are getting dragged along for the ride.
    Please tell me what I think. Someone that actually decided to try the book.

Not for youtube views. Because anyone that is doing that is a pathetic person.

It is a five issue series. Whose contents no one knows. Yet the usual suspects are the main ones complaining.

The folks who are PRAYING for the demise of companies.

The ones who will throw a fit about this book but can't tell you WHY. Because the rage is about race, sex and sexuality of the leads.

The folks who NEVER supported the New Warriors and would bury them if they were just starting today because the leader is a black guy and the roster is D-Z list.

The folks who are REALLY killing the industry. Because they refuse to accept reality.

Please tell me what I think. Someone that actually decided to try the book.

Not for youtube views. Because anyone that is doing that is a pathetic person.
    But they are still waiting to buy the book. They are waiting on that thing like a kid waiting for Christmas. Waiting on it like a fat kid waits on an ice cream truck on a hot summer day. Sure it's pathetic, but they will buy it.

It is a five issue series. Whose contents no one knows. Yet the usual suspects are the main ones complaining.The folks who are PRAYING for the demise of companies.
    ((Looks at YouTube dislikes tally of 256K)) Yeah, I think this isn't something we can just put on the usual suspects. This thing became a phenomenon all on its own. This thing even made it to the Joe Rogan show.

The ones who will throw a fit about this book but can't tell you WHY. Because the rage is about race, sex and sexuality of the leads.
    Yeah, I think they are willing to tell us why. From the usual suspects all the way up to the people Marvel would be counting on showing them sympathy or being in their corner for this book. People of all colors and creeds came together held hands and began mocking this thing.

The folks who NEVER supported the New Warriors and would bury them if they were just starting today because the leader is a black guy and the roster is D-Z list.
    Nah, consider these things.
    1. That group you claim would have never supported them is composed of people who are fans of the Marvel of their youth
    2. New Warriors launched in 1989
    3. The original book had a 75 issue run.
    4. The leader was a black guy
    5. The roster was D-Z list

So all the evidence points to many of them supporting the book back then.

The folks who are REALLY killing the industry. Because they refuse to accept reality.
    I thought the comic industry was supposedly doing great up until Covid. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-02-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The Direct Market and superhero comics really weren't doing great at all. Sales have been dropping for years. The new successful comics are all-ages graphic novels sold in bookstores. Not Marvel and DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

ghost rider is canceled from newarama

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Direct Market and superhero comics really weren't doing great at all. Sales have been dropping for years. The new successful comics are all-ages graphic novels sold in bookstores. Not Marvel and DC.
    Say that again for the folks is back who don't seem to understand that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Graphic novels are considered comic books now?

Good. Now Brisson can focus on New Mutants.
    "Cable was right!"

Graphic novels have ALWAYS been comics.

Do you really think The Death of Captain Marvel, which had the phrase Marvel Graphic Novel on the cover, isn't a comic book?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Graphic novels are considered comic books now?
    They always have been.

The difference between now and then is they were being tossed out after every arc in a book.

Just like Archie digest are still looked at as comics.

Folks want to dismiss them because they prove folks like Ms Marvel have an audience.

Along with the fact you don't need to go to a comic book store to get them. So the toxic fan can't verbally abuse someone for buying Moon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, you mean Manga?

No, I don't, I'm referring to American all-ages graphic novels. Look up Raina Telgemeier.

*laughs in Robbie Reyes*
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Dr Strange is cancelled with #6

i would post proof via pic but i dont have a pic hosting site

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    Dr Strange is cancelled with #6

i would post proof via pic but i dont have a pic hosting site
    Seriously? Damn Waid had a pretty lengthy run in the previous volume