Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 136

Thread: Canceled comics

  1. #46
    Incredible Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So i guess Black cat is finished with 12 this week
    Nope! Not yet, anyhow.

    https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status...90528622931970
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

  2. #47
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I know there are folks that want this book to fail as some trophy for entitlement but lets get something official.
    LOL, the only group that wants that book to fail is Marvel. It's been nothing but a black eye for them since the trailer dropped. Everyone else can't wait to read it. They can't wait to read it for all the wrong reasons,(roasting it for views on YouTube) but they can't wait to read it.

    The sad part is the old school team of Warriors are getting dragged along for the ride.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-01-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Old school sounds better than original
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  3. #48
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    LOL, the only group that wants that book to fail is Marvel. It's been nothing but a black eye for them since the trailer dropped. Everyone else can't wait to read it. They can't wait to read it for all the wrong reasons,(roasting it for views on YouTube) but they can't wait to read it.

    The sad part is the old school team of Warriors are getting dragged along for the ride.
    Please tell me what I think. Someone that actually decided to try the book.

    Not for youtube views. Because anyone that is doing that is a pathetic person.

    It is a five issue series. Whose contents no one knows. Yet the usual suspects are the main ones complaining.

    The folks who are PRAYING for the demise of companies.

    The ones who will throw a fit about this book but can't tell you WHY. Because the rage is about race, sex and sexuality of the leads.

    The folks who NEVER supported the New Warriors and would bury them if they were just starting today because the leader is a black guy and the roster is D-Z list.

    The folks who are REALLY killing the industry. Because they refuse to accept reality.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Please tell me what I think. Someone that actually decided to try the book.

    Not for youtube views. Because anyone that is doing that is a pathetic person.
    But they are still waiting to buy the book. They are waiting on that thing like a kid waiting for Christmas. Waiting on it like a fat kid waits on an ice cream truck on a hot summer day. Sure it's pathetic, but they will buy it.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is a five issue series. Whose contents no one knows. Yet the usual suspects are the main ones complaining.The folks who are PRAYING for the demise of companies.
    ((Looks at YouTube dislikes tally of 256K)) Yeah, I think this isn't something we can just put on the usual suspects. This thing became a phenomenon all on its own. This thing even made it to the Joe Rogan show.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The ones who will throw a fit about this book but can't tell you WHY. Because the rage is about race, sex and sexuality of the leads.
    Yeah, I think they are willing to tell us why. From the usual suspects all the way up to the people Marvel would be counting on showing them sympathy or being in their corner for this book. People of all colors and creeds came together held hands and began mocking this thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The folks who NEVER supported the New Warriors and would bury them if they were just starting today because the leader is a black guy and the roster is D-Z list.
    Nah, consider these things.
    1. That group you claim would have never supported them is composed of people who are fans of the Marvel of their youth
    2. New Warriors launched in 1989
    3. The original book had a 75 issue run.
    4. The leader was a black guy
    5. The roster was D-Z list

    So all the evidence points to many of them supporting the book back then.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The folks who are REALLY killing the industry. Because they refuse to accept reality.
    I thought the comic industry was supposedly doing great up until Covid. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-02-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  5. #50
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,575

    Default

    The Direct Market and superhero comics really weren't doing great at all. Sales have been dropping for years. The new successful comics are all-ages graphic novels sold in bookstores. Not Marvel and DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #51
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    959

    Default

    ghost rider is canceled from newarama

  7. #52
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Direct Market and superhero comics really weren't doing great at all. Sales have been dropping for years. The new successful comics are all-ages graphic novels sold in bookstores. Not Marvel and DC.
    Say that again for the folks is back who don't seem to understand that.

  8. #53
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,874

    Default

    Graphic novels are considered comic books now?

    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    ghost rider is canceled from newarama
    Good. Now Brisson can focus on New Mutants.
    "Cable was right!"

  9. #54
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,575

    Default

    Graphic novels have ALWAYS been comics.

    Do you really think The Death of Captain Marvel, which had the phrase Marvel Graphic Novel on the cover, isn't a comic book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Graphic novels are considered comic books now?
    They always have been.

    The difference between now and then is they were being tossed out after every arc in a book.

    Just like Archie digest are still looked at as comics.

    Folks want to dismiss them because they prove folks like Ms Marvel have an audience.

    Along with the fact you don't need to go to a comic book store to get them. So the toxic fan can't verbally abuse someone for buying Moon Girl.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Direct Market and superhero comics really weren't doing great at all. Sales have been dropping for years. The new successful comics are all-ages graphic novels sold in bookstores. Not Marvel and DC.
    Oh, you mean Manga?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  12. #57
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,575

    Default

    No, I don't, I'm referring to American all-ages graphic novels. Look up Raina Telgemeier.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    ghost rider is canceled from newarama
    *laughs in Robbie Reyes*
    Last Read: Oldboy vol. 5

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Shazam!, Strange Adventures, Superman, Young Justice

  14. #59
    Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Dr Strange is cancelled with #6

    i would post proof via pic but i dont have a pic hosting site

  15. #60
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    Dr Strange is cancelled with #6

    i would post proof via pic but i dont have a pic hosting site
    Seriously? Damn Waid had a pretty lengthy run in the previous volume

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •