Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136

Thread: Canceled comics

  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    960

    Default Canceled comics

    So Amazing Mary Jane. Black cat strike strikforce,Runaways and morbius is canceled and im sure some more.If a mod wants they can put this in a the Canceled thread

  2. #2
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Walsall, England
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So Amazing Mary Jane. Black cat strike strikforce,Runaways and morbius is canceled and im sure some more.If a mod wants they can put this in a the Canceled thread
    Morbius is not confirmed

  3. #3
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So Amazing Mary Jane. Black cat strike strikforce,Runaways and morbius is canceled and im sure some more.If a mod wants they can put this in a the Canceled thread
    Do you have an article link for this? That's a shame about Runaways...that was an enjoyable series with sharp writing and colorful art..loved Kris Anka's work when he was the regular artist. That was always a low seller in single issues but IIRC it was doing better in digital sales. I wouldn't be surprised if when things settle down that it gets a relaunch.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    So, are these books cancelled in a gonna-get-a-chance-to-wrap-things-up way, or a story-never-gets-resolved way?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Not sure where you heard Runaways got cancelled. Issue 32 is still scheduled to come in February on the Marvel website, and Rainbow Rowell was just yesterday on Twitter saying the book hasn't been cancelled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    So, are these books cancelled in a gonna-get-a-chance-to-wrap-things-up way, or a story-never-gets-resolved way?
    It's been reported that Strikeforce is getting a new ending for its final issue, so it seems like at least this book will be able to wrap things up. On the other hand, Scream: Curse Of Carnage and Amazing Mary Jane were confirmed to be cancelled by the artists of both books, and neither got to wrap things up.

  6. #6
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Do you have an article link for this? That's a shame about Runaways...that was an enjoyable series with sharp writing and colorful art..loved Kris Anka's work when he was the regular artist. That was always a low seller in single issues but IIRC it was doing better in digital sales. I wouldn't be surprised if when things settle down that it gets a relaunch.
    There hasn't been any official word, but Bleeding Cool has reported that the previously solicited issues will resume publishing... in February. Which is a bit of a wait if true, but it's the only thing approximating news. Rainbow Rowell insists the book isn't gone, but she had no word on its return.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

    Alienated - Die - Far Sector - New Mutants - Once & Future - Runaways - X-Men

    Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's been reported that Strikeforce is getting a new ending for its final issue, so it seems like at least this book will be able to wrap things up. On the other hand, Scream: Curse Of Carnage and Amazing Mary Jane were confirmed to be cancelled by the artists of both books, and neither got to wrap things up.
    Thanks for the info!

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    Don't forget about Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, cancelled at issue 8.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Don't forget about Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, cancelled at issue 8.
    And the invasion of wakanda empyre tie in

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's been reported that Strikeforce is getting a new ending for its final issue, so it seems like at least this book will be able to wrap things up. On the other hand, Scream: Curse Of Carnage and Amazing Mary Jane were confirmed to be cancelled by the artists of both books, and neither got to wrap things up.
    well that annoys me....didn't they just drop MJ off in the middle of nowhere in WitSec and now we get no conclusion?

  11. #11
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,638

    Default

    Yeah, in hindsight they should've just ended at issue 5. Now ASM has to explain MJ's absence next time she appears there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #12
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Any source for Black Cat getting an axe? McKay talks about next issue coming out and nothing about an axe. And I kind of don't think they would axe a book so fast they tried to promo with FCBD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Don't forget about Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda, cancelled at issue 8.
    Well, that one was supposed to end with that issue, it just lost Invasion of Wakanda that was supposed to wrap it up.
    Last edited by Sataniel; 07-28-2020 at 05:21 PM.

  13. #13
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Pama Temples of Titan
    Posts
    3,111

    Default

    Black Cat isn’t cancelled, there’s plans for her book to be a huge part in a Spider/Venom event next year.

  14. #14
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    95

    Default

    it is so cool if the Amazing Mary Jane be released. I mean I'm eager to read it.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Nothing's been said about Black Cat.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •