Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Canceled comics

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Writer Joe Glass just casually mentioned on Twitter that he knows of a Marvel book that was cancelled, but it hasn't been announced yet:

https://twitter.com/JosephGlass/stat...14024508555267

I don't think he's currently working for Marvel, so I imagine the only way he would know about this is if he's close enough to the people on the creative team of said book that they would reveal it to him. He's worked with Luciano Vecchio on creator-owned stuff before, so this COULD, MAYBE, be about New Warriors. But I'm not sure; just throwing an example out there.
    Depends on if that book is already completed. Marvel had that book listed up to issue 3 and offering subscriptions for it still.

Also that would mean comic book stores would be refunding money for the first issue. That would also include Ebay sellers for Bagley's variant that was listed. One lists books shipping in October.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on if that book is already completed. Marvel had that book listed up to issue 3 and offering subscriptions for it still.

Also that would mean comic book stores would be refunding money for the first issue. That would also include Ebay sellers for Bagley's variant that was listed. One lists books shipping in October.
    I don't think the book was completed, because the other Outlawed books that were supposed to come out in April (Ms. Marvel, Champions and Power Pack) all were unfinished after the shutdown. And we know that because it was just last month that the artists of those books gave us an update about returning to finish the arcs. Luciano hasn't given us any update about returning to work on New Warriors, however. We also found out Champions and Power Pack were returning in October and November around the same time when the Marvel website updated those dates, but New Warriors was the one Outlawed title whose release date wasn't updated. So, yeah... things are not looking particularly good right now, which is why I'm considering the possibility of cancellation. I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt because maybe they wanted a release in December so each Outlawed book would come out in a different month (Ms. Marvel in September, Champions in October, Power Pack in November and New Warriors in December), but if we don't get NW in the December solicits... then I will be officially worried.

You pretty much said what I was going to say - if it doesn't show up in the December solicits, it'll fall too far behind Champions (the Champs were due to guest star in New Warriors #3), so that would definitely not be a good sign.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Would it make sense to cancel a mini-series? I guess with all the flack it was getting and scaling down the Outlawed storyline to begin with, they might have wanted to cut their losses, but it still feels weird to me.

If Champions is ongoing (issue 2 was listed as being "of 5") and New Warriors isn't cancelled, then Outlawed won't have been cut back at all.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would it make sense to cancel a mini-series? I guess with all the flack it was getting and scaling down the Outlawed storyline to begin with, they might have wanted to cut their losses, but it still feels weird to me.
    No. We know issue one is done and MAYBE issue 3 is done as well.

To me that would be pandering to the trolls who only saw a fat girl and non binary twins and that was enough to act a fool.

Depending on what might have been changed in Champions and that storyline who knows how long this would last.

If I go by my subscriptions and the last issue of Miles I am suppose to get in 8 months-it Outlawed ends in August 2021.

I mean how long could this last? Franklin, Valeria, Shuri, Rayshuan and an island of X-Kids have not been accounted for. I am so sure Mr and Mrs Fantastic will comply with Cradle (not).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they cancelled a bunch of minis already (the Empyre tie-ins), so what's one more? Normally that wouldn't happen, but we're not living in normal times anymore...

It would be idiotic to cancel NW because of the blowback and use the pandemic as an excuse.

Also, Marvel has no qualms revealing other minis but not resuming the paused books.

Spectacular Member

That wasn't tied to Empyre

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No. We know issue one is done and MAYBE issue 3 is done as well.

To me that would be pandering to the trolls who only saw a fat girl and non binary twins and that was enough to act a fool.

Depending on what might have been changed in Champions and that storyline who knows how long this would last.

If I go by my subscriptions and the last issue of Miles I am suppose to get in 8 months-it Outlawed ends in August 2021.

I mean how long could this last? Franklin, Valeria, Shuri, Rayshuan and an island of X-Kids have not been accounted for. I am so sure Mr and Mrs Fantastic will comply with Cradle (not).
    There's an exception to Kamala's Law... you can still be working under adult supervision. In other words, Frank and Val are fine as Reed will take responsibility for their actions. The Champions, however, would refuse that, the whole point of the team's creation was that they'd operate differently and separately from the Avengers (the only Avengers working closely with the team are Vision, who is housing Snowguard and whose home was used as a base for the Mobile Bunker when it needed repairs, and Nadia, a team member who is technically also an Avenger, having only stopped working with them, a team that also included Vision, because her team disbanded). Not all of them even have mentors (Snowguard, Locust, Pinpoint). Shuri is fine too, as she isn't American, so the law shouldn't apply to her, and is a princess, so even if she was operating in the US she'd have diplomatic immunity! Rayshaun is the only Champion not confirmed to involved in any way with Eve Ewing's run, so he may have retired. The X kids are fine too as they're now citizens of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-07-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Ultimate Member

Has Ms Marvel been cancelled?

No - it's back this week!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No - it's back this week!
    Thanks!

With the lockdown and shutdowns I’ve really lost track of a lot of titles.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's an exception to Kamala's Law... you can still be working under adult supervision. In other words, Frank and Val are fine as Reed will take responsibility for their actions. The Champions, however, would refuse that, the whole point of the team's creation was that they'd operate differently and separately from the Avengers (the only Avengers working closely with the team are Vision, who is housing Snowguard and whose home was used as a base for the Mobile Bunker when it needed repairs, and Nadia, a team member who is technically also an Avenger, having only stopped working with them, a team that also included Vision, because her team disbanded). Not all of them even have mentors (Snowguard, Locust, Pinpoint). Shuri is fine too, as she isn't American, so the law shouldn't apply to her, and is a princess, so even if she was operating in the US she'd have diplomatic immunity! Rayshaun is the only Champion not confirmed to involved in any way with Eve Ewing's run, so he may have retired. The X kids are fine too as they're now citizens of Krakoa.
    Isn't Shuri over 18 anyway?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Isn't Shuri over 18 anyway?
    I forget how old she's supposed to be, from the Hudlin run to her resurrection, and now trying to make her more like MCU Shuri. She feels a little all over the place.