Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
Like I said, it's easy enough to give her some daylight from Supergirl. Actually, of the two, PG has been the consistent hero, while SG has veered from bland, to okay, to very unlikable and borderline psychopath and supervillain. So on the scale of things, PG's problems are minor and more easily fixable if DC just buys in and puts someone with a plan for the character to work on writing her.
That doesn't mean that 1. Supergirl isn't the more viable property in comparison to Power Girl and 2. that having two different Kara's around doesn't create a ton of headache inducing problems. And I'm not trying to advocate that Power Girl be gotten rid of; contrary-wise all I'm suggesting is that they make her a different Kryptonian. She doesn't NEED to be Kara anymore, and probably the only time that it made sense was during the period where she was the only Kara that was in comics at the time.

Hell, keep her general appearance the same, just give her a different name and change her from (also) the last daughter of Krypton. Maybe she's a survivor from Kandor, or maybe she comes from the future. Hell - given the stuff going on currently in Bendis' Legion, where Supergirl was featured as a politician in the far future, what if she's the time-lost daughter of Kara?