View Poll Results: Is Secret Wars Beyonder Omnipotent?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 35.14%
  • No

14 37.84%
  • Maybe

10 27.03%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Post Beyonder Is Omnipotent

People from forums say his "Secret Wars" original form isn't canon if have any proof or reasons why state your reasons if you have a any good counters to someone's scans or comment post it I made this because people deny Marvel and add there own opinion making it seem factual specially in debates.
    Last edited by Beyonder; 08-14-2014 at 01:26 PM.

BANNED

He's also a terrible dresser. Lol

BANNED

Talking

Lol nah he looks like a better Elvis!

BANNED

Votes are also welcomed.

I voted maybe as definitions of omnipotence vary with some people even rejecting the concept entirely (particularly due to various paradoxical issue presented in the notion of omnipotence).
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Maybe but he still sucks on the pantheon of cosmic entities and gods that make up the Marvel universe.

Well, it depends on (A) how you define omnipotence in this context and (B) whether or not you're taking the retroactive changes made to the character into account.

If we look just at the original Secret Wars series only, then it's kind of tough to say. He displays a vast array of abilities and power, and certainly seems all powerful.

But by the end of the series, he loses his power to Dr. Doom. So it would seem he's not omnipotent.

Plus, he did the whole thing simply to try and understand human nature. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to do some studying. If he was omnipotent, he would have already understood humanity, no?

Spectacular Member

I don't think he was omnipotent, he had more power than the whole marvel universe combined, but he still had his limit. Mephisto and Eternity almost managed to kill him.

BANNED

If anyone knows Stan lee even said Beyonder was TOAA in his actualities since beyonder was created way before TOAA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Well, it depends on (A) how you define omnipotence in this context and (B) whether or not you're taking the retroactive changes made to the character into account.
    The original Pre-Recton Beyonder?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No, the Beyonder was not omnipotent. The One Above All (Marvel's version of "God" -- not the Celestial) is omnipotent. The difference between the two is vast. The Beyonder also falls short in the omnific and omniscience categories, both requisite for a truly omnipotent being.

The Beyonder was just really, really powerful. But subsequent takes on him have further reduced his status as even the penultimate power in the universe. Personally, I like that he's been taken down several notches. Nigh-omnipotence and naivete in one being usually makes for very silly stories.(No offense intended to the Impossible Man.)

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

The problem is how DC/Marvel (Marvel in this case) use the word "omnipotent". By definition, there is no degrees of omnipotent. Either you are or you're not. The Beyonder from his first appearance is not. If he was, he wouldn't need to take heroes and villains to find the nature of good and evil. If he was omnipotent, he would already know.

To the OP; what forums say that Secret Wars is not canon? AFAIK, it's still and always been canon.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No, the Beyonder was not omnipotent. The One Above All (Marvel's version of "God" -- not the Celestial) is omnipotent. The difference between the two is vast. The Beyonder also falls short in the omnific and omniscience categories, both requisite for a truly omnipotent being.

The Beyonder was just really, really powerful. But subsequent takes on him have further reduced his status as even the penultimate power in the universe. Personally, I like that he's been taken down several notches. Nigh-omnipotence and naivete in one being usually makes for very silly stories.(No offense intended to the Impossible Man.)
    Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    The problem is how DC/Marvel (Marvel in this case) use the word "omnipotent". By definition, there is no degrees of omnipotent. Either you are or you're not. The Beyonder from his first appearance is not. If he was, he wouldn't need to take heroes and villains to find the nature of good and evil. If he was omnipotent, he would already know.

To the OP; what forums say that Secret Wars is not canon? AFAIK, it's still and always been canon.
    Marvel really disagrees as he is Omnipotent his Multiverse dwarf TOAA own Multiverse did anyone read the secret wars? Also for Omniscient?
    http://outskirtsbattledome.wikia.com...Omniscient.png
    Last edited by Beyonder; 08-15-2014 at 11:11 PM.

I read the Secret Wars. Like the other poster said, if he is all knowing why does he need certain concepts explained to him.

I also read the story where the Illuminati found him on his own world. he's just another nut job reality warper
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"