Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think the initial post is a bit unclear if it's being a dude magnet in-universe (towards other characters) or out-of-universe (towards readers).

Out-of-universe the answer is Batman

In-universe I think the best fit is Poison Ivy, who seems to seduce people both left and right in near every adventure. Catwoman is too focused on Batman, and a character like Wonder Woman has largely been put on a piedestal by modern DC writers (though she does get points due to Pérez giving Zeus the hots for her). Among heroines I think my candidate would be Zatanna.
    Selina is usually the most aggressive with Batman but she's pretty much flirty and seductive with everyone. Her costume is practically a deliberate attempt to grab people's attention to her.

You know, for a character whose attractiveness is so often commented on, I don't think Power Girl has ever actually been in a relationship. And the one time I remember her going on a date was with Vartox because he wanted to re-populate his planet (which they ended up not even needing to have sex to do anyway).

I think the initial post is a bit unclear if it's being a dude magnet in-universe (towards other characters) or out-of-universe (towards readers).

Out-of-universe the answer is Batman

In-universe I think the best fit is Poison Ivy, who seems to seduce people both left and right in near every adventure. Catwoman is too focused on Batman, and a character like Wonder Woman has largely been put on a piedestal by modern DC writers (though she does get points due to Pérez giving Zeus the hots for her). Among heroines I think my candidate would be Zatanna.
    Diana has dated Steve, Superman, Trevor, Mike Schorr and in various continuities has been with either Aquaman or Batman. Her looks are frequently commented on in-universe.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-30-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Incredible Member

one that every dude ultimately will have a date with .....

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diana has dated Steve, Superman, Trevor, Mike Schorr and in various continuities has been with either Aquaman or Batman. Her looks are frequently commented on in-universe.
    Yeah, but at least with her fellow superheroes, it's more like Wonder Woman is passed around as a trophy than she is an actual romantic subject.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Yeah, but at least with her fellow superheroes, it's more like Wonder Woman is passed around as a trophy than she is an actual romantic subject.
    In her own books, no. Others is a different question but it isn't accurate to say she has no agency in her romantic pursuits what so ever. She still attracts a large amount of male suitors which is what the OP required.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-30-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Retired

Dude!!! Magnets of D.C.

Stoked, Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    one that every dude ultimately will have a date with .....

I don't know about that - not like DC doesn't have it's fair share of immortals, or different versions of Death.

A character most male characters lust after would be someone like Power girl
    Black Canary is another one who has captured a lot of male attention
    Supergirl is very attractive according to Hal

Catwoman for as seductive as she is does not get that much male attention
    Neither does Ivy they usually have to chase men to do the seducing

Mera is quietly rising but you'd have to break her up with Arthur to explore anything legit

Starfire was for a time top dog but got supplanted

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I found this book in the cheap bins at my LCS and this scene was what made me decide to get it.
    Lmao.
    Which comic/issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know about that - not like DC doesn't have it's fair share of immortals, or different versions of Death.
    All aspects of her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, according to Gaiman right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Plus, in Sandman mythos, everyone, even gods, dies. Even the Endless themselves, with Death as she puts it putting the chairs up and turning out the lights on the universe or multiverse or whatever she was talking about there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Catwoman for as seductive as she is does not get that much male attention
    She's charmed/seduced a lot of men in her time (aside from Batman).

Incredible Member

Good question.

I got the impression they meant from an in-universe/story perspective but that's just my opinion.

Women I can remember being considered particularly attractive in-universe:
    -- Wonder Woman
    -- Power Girl
    -- Starfire
    -- Dream Girl
    -- Catwoman
    -- Fire
    -- Crimson Fox

I believe the following three have worked as models so they must be considered attractive, though it's not something that I recall coming up that often:
    -- Jade
    -- Green Lantern (Arisia)
    -- Vixen