View Poll Results: Will you see New Mutants in a theater if it releases as planned (Aug 28th)?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Totally worth the risk and theaters are open here

9 11.84%
  • Can't - I would chance it, but theaters aren't open here

9 11.84%
  • Maybe - Theaters are open, but I don't feel good about going

3 3.95%
  • NO - Not worth the risk whether theaters are open or not

55 72.37%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

If the local theatres are open by the 28th? Maybe, but I'll more likely wait to be able to stream it. We're at Zero cases in the province with no new cases in the past two weeks, if Cineplex decides it's safe enough to let people in.... I might.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

There is no way theaters are open then.

My local theater is selling the entire room as a private party thing. So I could watch it all alone if I need to by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    If the local theatres are open by the 28th? Maybe, but I'll more likely wait to be able to stream it. We're at Zero cases in the province with no new cases in the past two weeks, if Cineplex decides it's safe enough to let people in.... I might.
    No better place to get medical advice than from cineplex.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

lol lawd!!
    GrindrStone(D)

I won't be going to any theaters for any movie for a good while. Like others, I'd be willing to pay to stream it.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I’m interested to watch TNM but not to the point of watching it in theatres, unless someone else pays for my ticket. Otherwise, I’ll stick to streaming.

Spectacular Member

I have free passes to the local theater, I still would not go. If it comes out VOD I would pay for it though.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    No better place to get medical advice than from cineplex.
    It's an awful place to get medical advice. I get you're being disingenuous, but advice comes from the local and federal governments. Which seeing as there are zero active cases, and restricted inter-provincial travel boils down to mandatory mask wearing, and keeping your distance in public. Businesses have re-opened, and things are largely back to normal. We are in the ideal situation. Cineplex hasn't fully re-opened largely out of caution due to the pandemic, but also out of economic viability. As fortunate as we've been, people have lost their jobs and not everyone qualified for CERB. There might just be no point in opening a theatre that few will be able/willing to go to.

They haven't opened yet, it is unlikely they will do so by the end of August. But if they do? I might go see a movie. It's perfectly safe at this point.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 07-30-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

We don't have our theaters open here, but I live in an area that is doing a great job combatting the virus. Most everything else is open in some capacity besides theaters and gyms. I would have no issue going to see the movie if theaters open and they are taking similar precautions as other stores and institutions.

Nope. Theaters here are starting to open but I can't trust people to follow rules at all so as much as it pains me I won't be supporting this movie or cinema in general outside of streaming likely till next year.

It really depends on the state the world is in by the end of August. If things are as bad as they are now, I won't risk it. But if they're trending in the right direction, I'll gladly go, even if it means wearing a mask the entire time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    This movie is not worth losing 2 weeks pay? Especially with the cost of tickets now
    Damn straight. The more of the trailers I see, the less interested I am in it.

BANNED

No, I am not going to go. Going to cinema means also using public restrooms and I am not prepared for that. I will watch it on streaming. If it comes out on Aug 28, it will be a very limited release. It should be on streaming in a month.

No, but I'd gladly pay a premium price ($30-40 even) for a VOD rental.