Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Where is the Kings name?

    Attachment 99356
    On the National Sex Offender Registry, probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Not at first she wasn't. Even after she caught on with X-fans, in-universe there weren't too many guys tripping over themselves to get her number.
    That was largely because when she first premiered she was a villain, and she was drawn uglier. When she joined the X-Men she pretty immediately started to get drawn more attractively, and by the late 80s early 90s was actively vamped up. Since then she has had interest from Magneto, Gambit, a very brief thing with Colossus, Pulse, Deadpool, and Johnny Storm. Plus there was this scene from X-Men #30 where men were quite literally tripping over themselves for the chance to put a garter on her.



    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Betsy Braddock or Psylocke in Kwannon's body? Betsy was kind of homely, iirc.
    Betsy was a model back in the day, but that was pretty common for women in comics at the time. She used to also model for Colossus' art back in the Outback era, but she didn't really start getting overly sexualized until the body swap.

  2. #62
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good memory, danielsan52. I totally agree...
    I think Walt Simonson did a better job of her natural appearance in his FF run. I keep hoping one day that she gets released from being entrapped in the She Thing form.



  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Betsy was a model back in the day, but that was pretty common for women in comics at the time. She used to also model for Colossus' art back in the Outback era, but she didn't really start getting overly sexualized until the body swap.
    Models aren't necessarily "dude magnets." It's a bit of a misconception. Mostly what makes print is a "look" that helps sell a product or lifestyle. And many of the models from my art classes back in the day wouldn't make this list. But they were all models and beautifully confident in their own way.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Walt Simonson did a better job of her natural appearance in his FF run. I keep hoping one day that she gets released from being entrapped in the She Thing form.
    Granted, I'm not a fan of the name She-Thing -- Wild Thing would have worked better imho -- but I like the concept of an aesthetically gifted woman turning from skin and bones into rock and stone. Sure, they can always improve on the design, but I wouldn't want them to change that. Unless they were giving that power to Luke Cage's wife.

  5. #65
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Granted, I'm not a fan of the name She-Thing -- Wild Thing would have worked better imho -- but I like the concept of an aesthetically gifted woman turning from skin and bones into rock and stone. Sure, they can always improve on the design, but I wouldn't want them to change that. Unless they were giving that power to Luke Cage's wife.
    Does she still use her Jewel ID or whatever that was. Since this pandemic I really haven't been keeping up with much.

    I think it's hard to create an aesthetically interesting body type, etc for the female characters whose power is basically the strong man type. I don't like the roided up look or the current brutish look of She Hulk. As a woman I just know it's not a look I would seek. I like my veins to stay mostly on the inside

    Sharon was a professional wrestler. I think they could go back to her original look without having her revert to She Thing. That's what I would prefer anyway. Maybe just have her cured period and go back to a normal life and leave her story at that. It's not like she gets used much anyway.

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    482

    Default

    The spidey females arent dude magnets that get the attention of anyone with even a hint of purity wouldnt resist. My standards for a truendude magnet is like the female equvilent of tony stark or hercules

    Thats said

    Jean, Shulk, and Possibly Sue are the only ones that come to mind.

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think it's hard to create an aesthetically interesting body type, etc for the female characters whose power is basically the strong man type. I don't like the roided up look or the current brutish look of She Hulk. As a woman I just know it's not a look I would seek. I like my veins to stay mostly on the inside
    It's funny you mention She-Hulk. She has always been on this progression where her muscle definition became more and more pronounced with each new artist. I still remember some of the guys at the comic store complaining that She-Hulk looked too muscular when John Byrne's She-Hulk graphic novel first came out decades ago. It was something that JB was deliberately aiming for as he drew Jen in a classic bodybuilder pose. (Love that cover!) As these things go, each generation pushes ever forward, so now we have Jennifer totally hulked out with striations on top of striations of muscles. It was inevitable. If you take the very first Ms. Olympia from 1980, Rachel McLish, and compare her to Ms. Olympia 2014, Iris Kyle, you will basically see the difference between old She-Hulk and the current She-Hulk. I get that it's off-putting, but evolution occasionally leaps ahead of our standards of beauty.

    Sharon was a professional wrestler. I think they could go back to her original look without having her revert to She Thing. That's what I would prefer anyway. Maybe just have her cured period and go back to a normal life and leave her story at that. It's not like she gets used much anyway.
    I think with Sharon you can't have her looking fit and attractive like Taylor Swift and still call her a Thing. Irony has its limits. There should be physical exaggerations, abnormalities and deformations. But I also think they could have rendered her in a way that doesn't remind me of an orange rock-covered snowperson. I hope that she, too, keeps evolving... that's if they are bound and determined to have a woman that is derivative of a male character. If not, then by all means, change her back to her human form, find a new superhero name and let's see what the universe has in store for her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-04-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •