View Poll Results: How many years before Marvel quits publishing paper comics?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • by 2022

7 21.21%
  • by 2025

6 18.18%
  • by 2030

10 30.30%
  • 2031 or beyond

10 30.30%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Default How many years before all Marvel comics go digital only?

There have been rumors now for a few years that eventually printed comics will become a thing of the past. I wonder how long before Marvel makes such a move. They are already pushing their Marvel Unlimited Library of digital comics and many or most of their new comics are also available online. What do all of you think? How long before Marvel does away with paper comics?

When we're dead, when a global catastrophe happens (a much worse one), or when we're all dead because of a much worse global catastrophe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

This would affect comic book shops, like Amazon affected every other shop on main street. That said, Amazon is here and those shops don't exist anymore and no one cares. I don't know how much people would really care after comic book shops close.

With the current situation moving everything online, and with a loud group of people begging for movies to go straight to streaming, I could see print going very soon. Paper comics is 100% nostalgia and collections. Think of how many people buy DVD's to how many people watch Disney Plus, Netflix, and other streaming services.

They'll probably keep trades around; single issues though?
    Given the current circumstances, they might be gone shortly.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

I say this or next year. Physical trades and digital single issues is the way forward. That's just the way it is now.

Mighty Member

Stopped buying single issues years ago.
    I only buy digital and TPB when I have too.

My only issue with digital is not having them with a recognized universal file type (ie .mp3, .jpeg) that allows portability and easier offline management.
    I can't stand how everything is going cloud, and offline access is just basically cached access to your media, if that. No thank you, I want my files and a recognized offline reader.
    Cyclops was right