View Poll Results: How many years before Marvel quits publishing paper comics?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • by 2022

7 21.21%
  • by 2025

6 18.18%
  • by 2030

10 30.30%
  • 2031 or beyond

10 30.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I've long since gone Digital -- in fact I converted my entire collection to digital and ditched the paper ones years ago
    I am sure that I will pretty much do the same within a few years.

As I am fan of both comics and music, I do see some similarities between physical comics and vinyl records.

I think there is always going to be a subset of comic book fans that will want physical copies of the issues. I think the real question is will we still have single issues or will trade TPBs be enough. Being a visual art form, some readers will want the experience of holding the comics (or TPB) much in the same way there is a section of music fans that enjoy listening to vinyl records and having the album art.

With that said, I do think that the number of physical comics will be reduced greatly over time and could see that if if physical comics continue (particularly single issues) that it is focused on core established legacy titles. While I certainly wouldn't mind most of my pull list going digital and switching to that platform, I would be sad if I wasn't able to collect physical issues of Daredevil as that is well into the 600's that this point.

Now if we do see this switch that certainly doesn't help comic shops and maybe there is a different distribution model for physical comics; however, even if they go away initially, there will still be enough readers that want physical comics in some capacity to make it sustainable.
    Last edited by macjr33; 07-30-2020 at 09:10 AM.