Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Anyways, the things I'm looking forward to is 1. Cotati vs Krakoa
    Oh, hold on, there's more of this?
    I thought the tie in was done and next issue was Magneto focused?
    Does anyone know what the Krakoan says at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I like that there's no two Vulcans. It was a nice surprised on the expected twist that Vulcan's been messed with and reinserted into earth. Hope the pay off comes out unexpectantly. Petra and Sway were fun.

If they do ever do the duplicate story I rather it happen a bit down the line. With a different character.
    Same and hopefully this quiets those that were so adamant about it

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm at the point where I can't believe there are people who don't like this book.
    Yeah and I failed to see what was boring

The aliens that dissected Vulcan are going to be interesting in upcoming x-men issues.
    And for those complaining about the summers clan, Vulcan is clearly a center piece in whatever's coming, hence his involvement in the brood issue and his time in this issue and looking at every facet of his life currently is necessary at the moment.

The letter from Scott was warming..and sweet.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 07-29-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Gambit’s more of a cousin, possibly from the Black Womb’s side.
    To know about Gambit and Black Womb, Hickman needed to read Gambit solo by Nicieza. I am sure that he didn't bothered and has 0 plans for Remy.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-30-2020 at 12:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Deathbird's baby was dealt with years ago in X-men v 4

Deathbird was pregnant though
    Did we ever see Cal'syee's baby maturate?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I don't think this issue was bad, but it has a very Rick Remender POV that I don't love seeing with the X-Men (and I honestly can only read one Remender series at a time).

The Summers are easily Hickman's most boring contribution to the X-Mythos and I wish it weren't so integral to his plans for this series. There'd be fewer need for specials and mini-series if he'd just focus on other characters in his book w/ no set cast tbh.
    But the Summers aren't important right now, you could put any other group of characters on their place and the story Hickman is telling would be the same. The only character who seems important is Vulcan, the rest are just background.

X-Men #1 may look like it have the Summers as focus, but the real important thing is showing the status quo in Krakoa and giving the hook of the New Mutants traveling with the Starjammers. X-Men #2 is about the other island and Apocalypse conection to it. #3 was about setting Horderculture; #4 about Krakoa relation with other nations, etc.
    In any of those issues Cyclops or his family were actually the focus point, they were at best a point of view, but mostly he was there just to give the appearance of connection.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Oh, hold on, there's more of this?
    I thought the tie in was done and next issue was Magneto focused?
    Does anyone know what the Krakoan says at the end?
    It is about Magneto but also it is a tie in. Probably he leads the defense of the island? I dont know. The summary reads "THE TREES ARE KILLING THE CHILDREN!" So the Cotati are maybe going to start killing mutant children in Krakoa and Magneto is going to be mad.

BANNED

really fun issue, dark but very very informative,i enjoy getting an answer quickly to vulcans mystery because this development and what happens latter is much better, he had potential to b truly good and now that was used as a false cloak, but he wants to try to be better, now he has people to do so.
    the letter from scott was also realy cute, much better than the main event.

decent issue, cute character piece for Vulcan. interesting that he wasn't resurrected...I wanna know where they found him now lol

I wish Petra and Sway were "unpacked" a bit , very one-note here. I hope the codependency between the three of them is a developing story and doesn't just get dropped

So, do you think those aliens were part of the Cancerverse? I've already mentioned this before but they can be an interesting contrast to the Dominions

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So, do you think those aliens were part of the Cancerverse? I've already mentioned this before but they can be an interesting contrast to the Dominions
    Yeah that was my thought,since there was a lot of talk of evilness and that kind of was their thing

Incredible Member

How many kids does Deathbird have? Vulcan's baby, Lifeguard, Slipstream, those two in the Imperial guard...

I liked this issue, but it was a bit thin. Petra and Sway had no personality, being sorority college girl stereotype. They were essentially interchangeable, they spoke with the same voice. Granted, it's not that they really had established voices before. But they kinda could've just been anyone, if not for their relevance to Vulcan.
    I get that the intent was to portray them all as traumatized messes, but it wasn't substantially realized. Aside from Vulcan.

I'm wondering how those multiversal things that funked with Vulcan are relevant. I don't think they're Arakkoan; that would be convenient, and relevant, and they look like gross demons, but I don't think they are.

It could be something with Titan/Dominion space but... I'd be a little surprised to see individual fleshy units there? Whatever that Supremor looking thing that ate Vulcan in the Fault was, it looked organic.
    I don't think its going to be cancerverse because thats just... idk, it just didn't feel like that to me. Not quite the same aesthetic, and too much of an established (and dealt with) issue.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Petra and Sway had no personality, being sorority college girl stereotype. They were essentially interchangeable, they spoke with the same voice. Granted, it's not that they really had established voices before. But they kinda could've just been anyone, if not for their relevance to Vulcan.
    I think that's what miffed me the most - there was almost infinite opportunity lol

Cancerverse reappeared in Nova comics. It is true that the aesthetic does not fit 100%, but it is after all where that portal connected. That thing looked a bit like "Cancerverse Supreme Intelligence".

A universe ruled by flesh and magic seems like a nice contrast to the Dominions, just like the Brood are a perfect organic counterpart to Phalanx.