Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-MEN [10] : FIRE spoilers and review ish

So the art was decent. Obviously it's subjective. I still find it stiff. But Yu is one of the best artist in the industry I hear. Just too stiff for me. I dont feel the movement.
    This issue was pretty low key and straight to the point. Hickman at a slower pace. Many will complain but I liked this issues story.

I like how he shows the frienship of Petra, Sway, and Vulcan.

Cyclops takes the fam bam to Chandilor. It was just one page. It does note that Gabriel doesnt want to be anywhere near Shiar space. And Cyclops is being a supportive big brother and states that Gabriel needs to get out and do something different instead of party all the time.

Gabriel is left at the Summers home. He is part of the trifecta of him, Petra, and Sway. They call him Emperor in jest but he doesnt like it. They try to get him to drink and have fun all the time. But I think they do this because something is brewing inside him.They poke fun at him about his 'fire inside'. I feel like they both are anchor points for him and they can bring him down if he ever starts getting angry. I think they are in tune to something that others may not recognize with Gabriel. I think they are like like the comfort of being around people you know. He tells the two he's going for a walk.

We learn here that there are NOT 2 Gabriels. When he was taken by that big green monster from the preview. Three aliens experimented on him. (that's my most basic description of the scene) They tell him that he is broken and flawed but that they do see good in him. They want to quell that good because it is a cancer to them and doesnt fall in line with what they have planned for him. So then send him back and he exudes good. Its a shell. The real him is steal underneath. Within him. So we don't really know if he actually wants to be good or if its all a facade. I hope he wants to be good. But the aliens made it seem like his good side was so fragile and little.

Now to the Cotati stuff. Gabriel goes for a walk. And a lunar mile away is the Cotati garden that was show in Empyre #1. He just wanders on in and sees them building a veggie cannon thats pointed straight at the Earth. He tells them that he understands why they would attack the human planet but that its a bad idea. And that these aggressive actions will turn them into something they wont like.

They somehow surround him and hold him down. It looks like he doesnt put up much of a fight at first. He's just kind of going with it.

They basically call him meat and try to put a plant in him that will make him speak and tell everything he knows. But that anger within comes out and he just releases this powerful energy explosion and obliterates most of them except for two. (Was the entire Garden destroyed?) Petra and Sway show up and basically say something to the effect of "you done" with this outburst. He says he could break the moon in half but that he doesnt want to be that guy and they take him away to mellow out and drink.

The two Cotati that escaped let a General know of their losses but that a sole survivor kept repeating one thing: KRAKOA. So it looks like we know why the Cotati head to Krakoa. Thanks Vulcan.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-29-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Boring issue. Summers clan stories are the lowest point of this book.
    Bring real X-Men team for that book or just center it on Xavier, Apoc, etc so it can be smth more like HOX POX. I am tired of tea time of Summers for a flagship story.

Extraordinary Member

Vulcan, Petra and Sway are just friends right?

No poly going on with them?

Honestly seems like drinking buddies.

I forgot who it was but one of the girls states she has interest in some other mutants on the island.

But to me it wasn't shown that they are in a relationship other than friends.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-29-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Well eventually...he has to throw a big fit and do some off the wall stuff, he's vulcan for god sakes.

But I do want him to end up on the good side.
    I liked the issue over all, it was cute for the most part and I still love Yu's art.

Astonishing Member

So no two Vulcans existing at the same time and having some sort of mental resonance thing going on?

Does that mean this Vulcan is actualy the original one, who somehow got recovered, rather than an older version printed out? Because it would seem unlikely for Xavier would be able to make a backup of him where the aliens experimented on him.

Extraordinary Member

So he has full memories of marrying Deathbird?

Did anyone tell him Sunspot’s trying to hijack his wife?

I'm waiting to see how others interpreted the issue. But I think this is the original Vulcan. But the aliens did something to supress him. And no there was no mention of Deathbird. But if you've read any of the issues he's appeared in. You know he's having dreams and flashes.

That feeling when you just want to chill, but your friends won't stop bringing up the time you tried to conquer the Universe. Like, get over it, cos I am like so over it.

I loved this for Vulcan and the seeds being planted, no pun intended. He's a ticking timebomb, bless his handsome heart.

I wanted a little more from Sway and Petra but I'm happy to see them and their party is going to be lit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

This is a frustrating title. For every interesting issue (#4 or the Mystique issue), there's an issue like this (e.g Hordeculture or #9) featuring characters/stories I simply could not care less about.

Yu's up-and-down art was on an up today, and the rest was (for me) utterly skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    This is a frustrating title. For every interesting issue (#4 or the Mystique issue), there's an issue like this (e.g Hordeculture or #9) featuring characters/stories I simply could not care less about.

Yu's up-and-down art was on an up today, and the rest was (for me) utterly skippable.
    Yeah, I find that with most of Hickman's work to be honest.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Does Vulcan know he has a child
    Now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Does Vulcan know he has a child
    Now
    I don’t think Vulcan knows his wife laid an egg.

Does Vulcan know that his ex-niece, is Xavier’s daughter?

Overall I liked the issue and seeing Vulcan just destroy the Cotati. Good stuff.