Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

I LIKE the Summers clan, but this was dreadfully boring.

I don't think this issue was bad, but it has a very Rick Remender POV that I don't love seeing with the X-Men (and I honestly can only read one Remender series at a time).

The Summers are easily Hickman's most boring contribution to the X-Mythos and I wish it weren't so integral to his plans for this series. There'd be fewer need for specials and mini-series if he'd just focus on other characters in his book w/ no set cast tbh.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe the writer is just getting all these moments out of the way now, before Maddie moves to the moon and drama starts.

I enjoyed this issue. I love most X-men characters but I gotta say that Vuclan isn't one that usually interests me (probably because I felt that story years ago in space went on for far too long).I liked him here. I a curious as to what will happen next with him. I like the inclusion of Petra and Sway.

I was hoping for more Summers family but it was still an enjoyable issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes...to Scott in Speedos. We will never say no to that!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Does Vulcan know he has a child
    Now
    Better question, does Marvel? We’ve seen a clearly not pregnant Deathbird but no sign of the kid.

BANNED

This was pretty solid, but an overall downgrade from 9. Still pretty good and having Scott being so supportive of Gabriel really touched me. Nice to see Yu's habit of drawing big booties is unchanged, I missed that horny touch on my superheroes.
    7.5/10. Hope next ones are better, because this book was on a great streak, but I love seeing Summers family stuff whenever possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Better question, does Marvel? We’ve seen a clearly not pregnant Deathbird but no sign of the kid.
    Their species lays eggs.

Anyways, the things I'm looking forward to is 1. Cotati vs Krakoa, 2. Vulcan's descent back into madness and seeing true redemption and 3. Diving more into the aliens from outside the universe.

Vulcan has a lot of potential for development and great character arcs.

Deathbird's baby was dealt with years ago in X-men v 4

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Their species lays eggs.
    Deathbird was pregnant though
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Don't Shi'ar eggs need time away from the mother to mature? Or something like that. Also, the fetus was manipulated with kree genes, in case it wasn't complicated enough.

I like that there's no two Vulcans. It was a nice surprised on the expected twist that Vulcan's been messed with and reinserted into earth. Hope the pay off comes out unexpectantly. Petra and Sway were fun.

If they do ever do the duplicate story I rather it happen a bit down the line. With a different character.

I'm at the point where I can't believe there are people who don't like this book.

Ya, not the best one. Vulcan is a bit of a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I like that there's no two Vulcans. It was a nice surprised on the expected twist that Vulcan's been messed with and reinserted into earth. Hope the pay off comes out unexpectantly. Petra and Sway were fun.

If they do ever do the duplicate story I rather it happen a bit down the line. With a different character.
    That plot is probably going to be on X-Factor tbh.