Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
I'm in no way trying to bad-mouth the Zero Hour reboot. It's very popular for good reasons.

But if you're going to reboot a group of heroes who have been around since the 1950s, you had better do it right ALL AROUND. The decisions to leave off late-added members or drastically change their history (Jeckie is a snake) were big risks when you're asking long-time readers to accept that this is permanent. I don't think they thought through the changes as much as they should have. And the continued reboots just made it worse.

Just my two cents.
As many, I thoroughly enjoyed the Post-Zero Hour reboot. Despite still enjoying the 5YL Legion, even after Giffen left, I did think that DC's attempt to have their cake and still eat it too with the Legionnaries really damaged too much the franchise, so I was very open to seeing the reboot. Was it perfect for me? No. There were many characters I didn't like the revamps, mostly those that came later, such as Timber Wolf and Wildfire. The originals seemed more creative and unique. However, it did give singular personalities to most of the original cast. Rokk, the perfect leader and hero; Imra, the ice-queen with a heart of gold; Garth, the hot-headed screw-up; Triad with their individual personalities; insecure Gim; shy Vi; confident Tyna with mommy issues; cold and distant Brainy; smart Lyle; rough Jo, etc... I didn't mind snake Jeckie, though, visually, the DnA update was, IMHO, much better. Too bad it came at the cost of Jeckie's positive world-view, which I liked. All in all, I do still think the Post-ZH Reboot is still the best, and probably my favorite version of the Legion.

Peace