Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160
  1. #1
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,962

    Default CABLE #2: THE FIVE IN ONE spoilers and review

    The end of this issue with the older version of Cable was the most interesting part, at least for a longtime Cable fan. He’s still on his mission in “another time and place,” and still as ruthless and badass as ever. The rest of it was skippable IMO. Kid Cable not being taken seriously by the cops as he investigates a mutant baby kidnapping, dating the Cuckoos, getting jumped by the Space Knights and having his new sword taken, as well as he and Esme being kidnapped by them, and a brief exchange between Emma and Scott about his son dating her daughters.

    Think I’m going to have to drop this one until something changes. I like seeing the OG Cable at the end, but not enough to keep buying. This book needs a new direction already IMO.

  2. #2
    BANNED misty101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Totally disagree, I'm a huge OG cable fan and the whole issue was brilliant.
    The writing, comedy and pairing of the cuckoos is genius. I can't wait to see what happens next.

  3. #3
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,962

    Default

    To each his or her own I guess. I was bored out of my mind until the end.

  4. #4
    Amazing Member andresdavidmr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Totally disagree, I'm a huge OG cable fan and the whole issue was brilliant.
    The writing, comedy and pairing of the cuckoos is genius. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    This. It was quite fun and brilliant.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,836

    Default

    I dont like Cable cheating on Aliya

    I wish Marvel would be consistent about which Cuckoo wears the black costume

    Overall I enjoyed this. Cable was fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The end of this issue with the older version of Cable was the most interesting part, at least for a longtime Cable fan. He’s still on his mission in “another time and place,” and still as ruthless and badass as ever. The rest of it was skippable IMO. Kid Cable not being taken seriously by the cops as he investigates a mutant baby kidnapping, dating the Cuckoos, getting jumped by the Space Knights and having his new sword taken, as well as he and Esme being kidnapped by them, and a brief exchange between Emma and Scott about his son dating her daughters.

    Think I’m going to have to drop this one until something changes. I like seeing the OG Cable at the end, but not enough to keep buying. This book needs a new direction already IMO.
    To be fair you hate Kid Cable and were never going to give him or this book a fair chance. This post isnt much of a review but reads more of a rant

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    I love Cable but not this version of him, and the tease of the OG just isn't enough to justify for me to keep reading this series. I'm a bit to old to choose to pay for a comic that is just going to piss me off each month.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like Cable cheating on Aliya

    I wish Marvel would be consistent about which Cuckoo wears the black costume

    Overall I enjoyed this. Cable was fun



    To be fair you hate Kid Cable and were never going to give him or this book a fair chance. This post isnt much of a review but reads more of a rant
    Don’t pretend if Jenskot were there, she wouldn’t be doing the same thing.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Totally disagree, I'm a huge OG cable fan and the whole issue was brilliant.
    The writing, comedy and pairing of the cuckoos is genius. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Agreed! It was pretty great. Art was amazing, the comedy bits were on point and the plot is interesting. Plus he's got all the character voices right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont like Cable cheating on Aliya

    I wish Marvel would be consistent about which Cuckoo wears the black costume

    Overall I enjoyed this. Cable was fun



    To be fair you hate Kid Cable and were never going to give him or this book a fair chance. This post isnt much of a review but reads more of a rant
    I think they said they switch it up depending on who's in charge of the hivemind.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Not as fun as the first issue in my opinion but still alright. I appreciate how Noto drew the Cuckoos with subtle facial quirks that make them more distinguishable from one another. If they are going to be the supporting cast of this book, it will be cool to see Duggan give them each a unique dynamic with Cable. And Emma wanting Esme to have her heart broken because she is a bit of a sociopath is interesting.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Good issue. Best X-book. Is the only place where we can get good, if brief, Cyclops content.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Any Armor or Pixie?

  12. #12
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Any Armor or Pixie?
    No, not in this issue.

  13. #13
    BANNED misty101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    No, not in this issue.
    Thank god.

    This issue did give us the italian-american homophobic murant from Eve of Destruction though! It was confirmed he lost his powers.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Not as fun as the first issue in my opinion but still alright. I appreciate how Noto drew the Cuckoos with subtle facial quirks that make them more distinguishable from one another. If they are going to be the supporting cast of this book, it will be cool to see Duggan give them each a unique dynamic with Cable. And Emma wanting Esme to have her heart broken because she is a bit of a sociopath is interesting.
    Yes about the Cuckoos! I liked their dynamic and that they're trolling Cable.

    Emma wanting to have Esme heartbroken is very very interesting.

  15. #15
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I love Cable but not this version of him, and the tease of the OG just isn't enough to justify for me to keep reading this series. I'm a bit to old to choose to pay for a comic that is just going to piss me off each month.
    I feel you. Oh well. My Cable fandom can take a backseat to my Logan fandom until the OG returns. Good time to be a Wolverine fan at least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •