Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 160
  1. #61
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    This is the explanation we were given in Phoenix Warsong, but most people seem to think they're just clones. So if you go with the latter, assume they were genetically altered (as in nicer noses and antural blond hair, which is not the case for Emma)
    Better to go with what's been canonically written in the pages of Warsong.

  2. #62
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Cable is here to make out with Esme and shoot lightning out of his ass - and he’s all out of ass!

    “Keep up the good work” from the Nixon-looking cop had me snorting tea out of my nose.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 07-29-2020 at 02:47 PM.

  3. #63
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Kid Cable was kind of annoying but that was part of the charm, I think? LOL my feelings are confused on this.
    Well, we already have that character in Kid Omega. I guess Cable is a bigger brand name, hence making him a less annoying Kid Omega and giving him a solo series versus trying to make one happen with Omega.

    Having said that, I would love for Kid Cable to replace Kid Omega on X-Force. Because even though he’s the teen version, a black ops squad consisting of Wolverine, Domino and Cable just freakin’ screams X-Force to its core. So I could deal with that, and would hopefully learn to appreciate this version of Cable in that role. With his Uncle Logan doing wetworks $#!t.

  4. #64
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Thank god.

    This issue did give us the italian-american homophobic murant from Eve of Destruction though! It was confirmed he lost his powers.
    Paulie Provenzano was here?! Where??? I totally missed that. And when did we find out he lost his powers?

  5. #65
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Is it just me or do the cuckoos do a complete reset in personality every time a new writer gets them?

  6. #66
    Fantastic Member davetvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Paulie Provenzano was here?! Where??? I totally missed that. And when did we find out he lost his powers?
    Wasn't he the father of the missing kid?

    I loved Emma and Scott's interaction with this issue. Kid Cable is a lot more fun than I was expecting, and more Cuckoos is always a good thing. It was weird that Esme (I think it was Esme)'s clothes also transformed into diamond along with the rest of her.

  7. #67
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, it is stupid, but a superhero comic will never lose the opportunity to make handsome characters without logical reason.

    By the way, when they are diamond they cannot use telepathy. A minor mistake.
    They can't, but the dead Thousand-In-One from Phoenix:Warsong (I think, not 100% sure) could use telepathy while in diamond form. The Cuckoos are basically the beta test version and weren't perfected - DNA has a lot of moving parts so I guess Sublime (or whoever else was behind that project) felt they needed to see what the girls would grow into to figure out what was missed in the genetic coding.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  8. #68
    BANNED misty101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Paulie Provenzano was here?! Where??? I totally missed that. And when did we find out he lost his powers?
    ...literally the first page?

  9. #69
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,062

    Default

    Duggan messed up!

    Paulie was killed off in the Weapon X series from the early 00s. This happened before House of M so he never lost his powers via the Scarlet Witch's spell. One might assume that he was brought back via the Resurrection protocols but that cant be so considering he is not a mutant and its mentioned that he hasnt been on Krakoa. I think Duggan didnt realize he was dead and just wrote him as being depowered since no one has used him

    The one thing that might make sense is that this was not Paulie in this issue. He isnt called by that but instead Omerta. Omerta was a character from Alpha Flight that also hasnt been used in forever, coincidentally, also created by Lobdell

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, it is stupid, but a superhero comic will never lose the opportunity to make handsome characters without logical reason.

    By the way, when they are diamond they cannot use telepathy. A minor mistake.
    Yes they can



    Its Emma that has that distinction, not them
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2020 at 04:10 PM.

  10. #70
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    So do we think Old Man Cable is stuck in this demon haunted purgatory because his younger fuckboi self Twinkle is gallavanting around keeping him out of resurrection protocols?

  11. #71
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    So do we think Old Man Cable is stuck in this demon haunted purgatory because his younger fuckboi self Twinkle is gallavanting around keeping him out of resurrection protocols?
    I don't think he's stuck. I think he got resurrected and then went there himself to rescue hostages that the demons kidnapped to try and recreate Inferno.

  12. #72
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    So do we think Old Man Cable is stuck in this demon haunted purgatory because his younger fuckboi self Twinkle is gallavanting around keeping him out of resurrection protocols?
    He’s in “another time and place” so I think it’s just Kid Cable once he grows up, now in an altered future. Possibly one caused by him sticking around here in this time period rather than going back to complete his destiny. Or maybe it’s just an alternate future because Dawn of X/Krakoa never happened in the timeline he hails from.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Duggan messed up!

    Paulie was killed off in the Weapon X series from the early 00s. This happened before House of M so he never lost his powers via the Scarlet Witch's spell. One might assume that he was brought back via the Resurrection protocols but that cant be so considering he is not a mutant and its mentioned that he hasnt been on Krakoa. I think Duggan didnt realize he was dead and just wrote him as being depowered since no one has used him

    The one thing that might make sense is that this was not Paulie in this issue. He isnt called by that but instead Omerta. Omerta was a character from Alpha Flight that also hasnt been used in forever, coincidentally, also created by Lobdell
    But back during Endangered Species, didn't Beast and Dark Beast try digging up mutant corpses and realize that the M-Day spell affected the dead as well?

  14. #74
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But back during Endangered Species, didn't Beast and Dark Beast try digging up mutant corpses and realize that the M-Day spell affected the dead as well?
    I dont know, but then that brings the question of how was he brought back bc before this issue, he was dead

  15. #75
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Enjoyed the issue. I do wish they had continued with the Cuckoos being more individuals by coloring their hair.... they kinda regressed..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •