Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default CABLE #2: THE FIVE IN ONE spoilers and review

The end of this issue with the older version of Cable was the most interesting part, at least for a longtime Cable fan. He’s still on his mission in “another time and place,” and still as ruthless and badass as ever. The rest of it was skippable IMO. Kid Cable not being taken seriously by the cops as he investigates a mutant baby kidnapping, dating the Cuckoos, getting jumped by the Space Knights and having his new sword taken, as well as he and Esme being kidnapped by them, and a brief exchange between Emma and Scott about his son dating her daughters.

Think I’m going to have to drop this one until something changes. I like seeing the OG Cable at the end, but not enough to keep buying. This book needs a new direction already IMO.

Totally disagree, I'm a huge OG cable fan and the whole issue was brilliant.
    The writing, comedy and pairing of the cuckoos is genius. I can't wait to see what happens next.

To each his or her own I guess. I was bored out of my mind until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    The writing, comedy and pairing of the cuckoos is genius. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    This. It was quite fun and brilliant.

I dont like Cable cheating on Aliya

I wish Marvel would be consistent about which Cuckoo wears the black costume

Overall I enjoyed this. Cable was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The end of this issue with the older version of Cable was the most interesting part, at least for a longtime Cable fan. He’s still on his mission in “another time and place,” and still as ruthless and badass as ever. The rest of it was skippable IMO. Kid Cable not being taken seriously by the cops as he investigates a mutant baby kidnapping, dating the Cuckoos, getting jumped by the Space Knights and having his new sword taken, as well as he and Esme being kidnapped by them, and a brief exchange between Emma and Scott about his son dating her daughters.

Think I’m going to have to drop this one until something changes. I like seeing the OG Cable at the end, but not enough to keep buying. This book needs a new direction already IMO.
    To be fair you hate Kid Cable and were never going to give him or this book a fair chance. This post isnt much of a review but reads more of a rant

I love Cable but not this version of him, and the tease of the OG just isn't enough to justify for me to keep reading this series. I'm a bit to old to choose to pay for a comic that is just going to piss me off each month.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

To be fair you hate Kid Cable and were never going to give him or this book a fair chance. This post isnt much of a review but reads more of a rant
    Don’t pretend if Jenskot were there, she wouldn’t be doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Agreed! It was pretty great. Art was amazing, the comedy bits were on point and the plot is interesting. Plus he's got all the character voices right.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I think they said they switch it up depending on who's in charge of the hivemind.

Not as fun as the first issue in my opinion but still alright. I appreciate how Noto drew the Cuckoos with subtle facial quirks that make them more distinguishable from one another. If they are going to be the supporting cast of this book, it will be cool to see Duggan give them each a unique dynamic with Cable. And Emma wanting Esme to have her heart broken because she is a bit of a sociopath is interesting.

Good issue. Best X-book. Is the only place where we can get good, if brief, Cyclops content.

Extraordinary Member

Any Armor or Pixie?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Any Armor or Pixie?
    No, not in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    No, not in this issue.
    Thank god.

This issue did give us the italian-american homophobic murant from Eve of Destruction though! It was confirmed he lost his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Not as fun as the first issue in my opinion but still alright. I appreciate how Noto drew the Cuckoos with subtle facial quirks that make them more distinguishable from one another. If they are going to be the supporting cast of this book, it will be cool to see Duggan give them each a unique dynamic with Cable. And Emma wanting Esme to have her heart broken because she is a bit of a sociopath is interesting.
    Yes about the Cuckoos! I liked their dynamic and that they're trolling Cable.

Emma wanting to have Esme heartbroken is very very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I love Cable but not this version of him, and the tease of the OG just isn't enough to justify for me to keep reading this series. I'm a bit to old to choose to pay for a comic that is just going to piss me off each month.
    I feel you. Oh well. My Cable fandom can take a backseat to my Logan fandom until the OG returns. Good time to be a Wolverine fan at least.