Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    Is it just me or do the cuckoos do a complete reset in personality every time a new writer gets them?
    Kind of. They've always been a little mean with other young people. See Quentin, then Nation X #4 with Loa, Paras and Match. Then again in Bendis, with Benjamin and Jeen (mostly Celeste). And now Cable. The biggest growth I see in them is when they're talking to Emma or each other (especially when disagreeing).

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I rather has them as 5 in 1, but have visual slight differences, so you could at least know who is who.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    This issue was hilarious

Wasn't the invisible skin dude called Omerta?
    No. His name was Wraith or Wrath.

Cool this book had Omerta in it. I weirdly liked the character when I first saw him, Overconfident and said anything that comes up in his mind I thought he could be interesting . As for this issue it was solid

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    This issue was hilarious

Wasn't the invisible skin dude called Omerta?
    No, he wasn't!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...what is with all the polygamy? And i am asking that because the rest of the book did not gain any interest from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I never said the women couldn't get pregnant... I merely gave my two cents regarding the concept of polygamy on Krakoa. Apparently, and so far, Krakoan resurrection is far more important than actual procreation.
    Polyamory not polygamy.

Not trying to be a wiseass, just trying to prevent confusion.
    The terms do mean different things and should not be used interchangeably.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Bote
    Polygamy takes place when only one person is married to more than one partner, whereas polyamory tends to encompass a broader range of people involved with one another.

Further, the power dynamics of polygamy tend to be different, for one, since polygamy practiced in the United States tends to be polysemy, or one husband marrying multiple wives.

Those power dynamics are something to be aware of in polyamorous relationships, according to Dr. Mimi Schippers, a professor of sociology and gender and sexuality studies at Tulane. Equality is a key component of poly culture, and many polygamous marriages can be unequal.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Duggan messed up!

Paulie was killed off in the Weapon X series from the early 00s. This happened before House of M so he never lost his powers via the Scarlet Witch's spell. One might assume that he was brought back via the Resurrection protocols but that cant be so considering he is not a mutant and its mentioned that he hasnt been on Krakoa. I think Duggan didnt realize he was dead and just wrote him as being depowered since no one has used him
    Paulie was killed off in Weapon X?!?!?! I don't remember him there... I've missed so much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He wasnt in the books but was in the Official Handbooks

Thanks Havok

I never really liked teen Cable, but I loved this issue. I'm a Philadelphian and it was cool reading a comic story set in Philly. Noto's art is BEAUTIFUL!! I wanna know where Scott went to buy that cheesesteak!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Just checked. He traveled to Neverland with Dark Beast and dug up some of the dead mutants there. Btw. We never learn how that place was shut down and Cecilia Reyes, Leech and co. got saved.

However the same story also had Forge present a device that could scan for mutants in other dimension and explained that M-Day happend everywhere across the multiverse. Something reinforced later by Spiral via the Mojoverse and Doctor Strange via a magic spell.

The whole story more or less just felt like editorial hammering in, that they would not allow any solution to reverse the depowering and that they were serious with the "depowered means depowered!" mandate.

But of course the "M-Day everywhere across the multiverse" thing was the first to fall. Followed by various other stories which contradicted the "absolute depowering" as presented in Endangered Species.

So it seems writers were not forced to stick to what was written in Endangered Species. Hence Selene's techno-organic virus mutant zombies having their powers again.
    I just skimmed through Necrosha. Even most of Selene's resurrected techno-organics were still depowered. She resurrected 16 million souls, only 1 million still had their powers

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Paulie was killed off in Weapon X?!?!?! I don't remember him there... I've missed so much.
    He wasn't, that user is lying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I just skimmed through Necrosha. Even most of Selene's resurrected techno-organics were still depowered. She resurrected 16 million souls, only 1 million still had their powers.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I admit i speculated wrong on the repowering properties of the TO virus in this case then.

Though 1 million out of 16 is still quite large compared to the 198 (up to 1000 maybe) out of 16 million which was the statistic for the living mutants after M-day.

Also as far as i am aware of the "M-Day everywhere across the multiverse thing" really didn't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    He wasn't, that user is lying.
    Im not a liar. I literally posted a Handbook entry which summarizes his short history, which included his time in Weapon X and execution

"Apparently" is not confirmation, show me the panels.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    "Apparently" is not confirmation, show me the panels.
    Dont call me a liar. I showed scans of what I read