Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    May not count, but the Captain Action costumes choices above, reminds me, that although the main Skull logo was on his belt (and ring)
    The movie version did extend it (although heavily stylized on to his chest and tors)

As an aside though, the Phantom costume just didnt translate well for me into RL.

Yeah the purple outfit will always be a hard sell.

What's funny is the Phantom ( who pretty much set the mold for superhero attire.
    Was originally conceived as an all gray clad character, as per his name and theme- The Gray Ghost (AKA the Ghost Who Walks)

Which worked great for the B&W daily strips. And even black and white film.
    It wasn't until he later branched out into the Sunday Papers, that they (King Feature) insisted Lee Falk choose a really bright standout color for the costume! after Supeman debuted and became popular, so he would stand out among the Sunday color pages.
    Hence he ended up Purple.
    Also if you look at international versions of the character, going off the gray dailies, they all imagined and chose their own color to represent the character on their covers.

Which all except gray somewhat went against the whole theme of the character.
    (also the Batman animated series Gray Ghost character takes his name as a reverse nod)

If they ever pursue The Phantom again in live action they should just chose a very de-saturated color, almost gray. Or intirely gray with only some slight purple piping.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-07-2020 at 04:03 PM.

The original superhero chest insignia bloody "Z" (although involuntarily worn by his enemies)

Last edited by Güicho; 08-10-2020 at 01:11 PM.

The Gatchaman (G-Force) - Science-Ninja-Bird logo.

Last edited by Güicho; 08-07-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Love the design, can anyone explain the M Racer X?

The X I get, the "M" on the chest?

Warning spoiler from over 50 years ago..... (as if anyone didn't know, the narrator said it every time he showed up)

The original family name is Mifune. (hence as well as signifying Mach , the M on the Mach 5 also stood for the Mifumne family)
    But isn't he concealing his identity here (the whole mask and x theme? :-p
    I never watched a lot of Speed Racer, but damn if that isn’t really cool trivia to learn.

Yeah the purple outfit will always be a hard sell.

What's funny is the Phantom ( who pretty much set the mold for superhero attire.
    Was originally conceived as an all gray clad character, as per his name and theme- The Gray Ghost (AKA the Ghost Who Walks)

Which worked great for the B&W daily strips. And even black and white film.
    It wasn't until he later branched out into the Sunday Papers, that they (King Feature) insisted Lee Falk choose a really bright standout color for the costume! after Supeman debuted and became popular, so he would stand out among the Sunday color pages.
    Hence he ended up Purple.
    Also if you look at international versions of the character, going off the gray dailies, they all imagined and chose their own color to represent the character on their covers.

Which all except gray somewhat went against the whole theme of the character.
    (also the Batman animated series Gray Ghost character takes his name as a reverse nod)

If they ever pursue The Phantom again in live action they should just chose a very de-saturated color, almost gray. Or intirely gray with only some slight purple piping.
    The grey outfit looks really nice in the above pic!

The red pops, but like the purple, might not look good live, depending on the shade they use/material they go with.
    The blue reminds me too much of Dan Garrett Blue Beetle.

The Gatchaman (G-Force) - Science-Ninga-Bird logo.

I always loved these outfits as a kid. The helmets were especially well designed.
    This is the first time I’ve ever really taken a good look at the chest emblem though!