View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

    86 48.86%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

    59 33.52%
  • It was an average read.

    22 12.50%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

    7 3.98%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

    2 1.14%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 247
  1. #211
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah Sam "was 21" Karma's older. But if that was true how old was Paige when her and Angel had sky sex?
    Austen stated that when they had the sky sex bit that Paige was 19, so that Warren wouldn't look like he was robbing the cradle or some creepy guy or something along those lines...

  2. #212
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She lived with her aunt and yeah she was about that age as she went to a traditional high school
    Nah she lived with her Aunt after her attempt at being an actress living with SKin, and after X-Corp with Banshee......You gotta be at least 16 to be legally emancipated, and I refuse to believe Skin was tryna holla at 14/15 Jubilee
    GrindrStone(D)

  3. #213
    Spectacular Member Bozack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Loved this. Hopefully future issues are a little less dialogue heavy and do away with Amazing Baby. Also would love to see Jamie Madrox incorporated somehow.

  4. #214
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So Aurora really died via something as mundane as a car accident by manipulated breaks?

    As with X-force, it feels like everyone among the X-men has turned into Kenny McCormick from South Park now.
    Things they would have previously survived by luck or skill with a few scratches are now deadly. Because death itself is now officialy an inconvinience for them.

    While death in super hero comic books have long become a rather impactless narrative tool in the eyes of longterm readers, it was usualy written with a "willing suspension of disbelief" in mind, the idea that the actual characters still took it serious.
    But with the X-men now having a "people printer" set up, it is now also meant to be meaningless in story too, one has to wonder how long this can last until any death of life endangering situation loses it's impact on the reader too.

    So in turn i wonder how long this book can draw out the many meaningless deaths of characters who don't stay dead anyway. Especialy once readers are so desensitized that it might become unintentionaly comic.
    North Stars somewhat silly face when he noticed Aurora died and his demand for her to come back, which looks more like someone demanding a replacement car than reacting to death of his beloved sister, doesn't help.

    Next story Angel dies slipping on a piece of toast, Nightcrawler accidently teleports himself into an active volcano and Dazzler dies (epic) getting hit by a lightning bolt during a concert.
    Did you seriously make this long-winded post just to complain about the fact that people can die from drowning?

  5. #215
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Hmm. I see potential, but the exposition was very heavy-handed. I get that it's the first issue, but the writing was just lacking finesse. A big pet peeve of mine when handling LGBT+ characters is when they state it out loud for no reason. I'm loving all the inclusion, but it was a sloppy way to familiarize us with Daken's (and Prodigy's) sexuality. Leah could have just left that out and let the scene with the hotel clerk speak for itself. That basically sums up my problems with the issue... too much reliance on telling us rather than showing us. Rachel outright explaining that people forget about her chrono-skimming seemed intended as a meta joke, but it wasn't as clever as they thought it'd be. Also, Northstar was pretty annoying. I get that that's his character, but it as overkill. Like just plopping his dead sister's body in front of The FIVE... and not letting the rest of the team finish their investigation? And he's supposed to be the leader? He was pretty sh*t-for-brains the entire issue.

    BUT, I loved Lorna. I love the callback to her first time on Krakoa. That was absolutely brilliant. More of this kind of unexpected connection building, please! I also love how much of Krakoan society was covered. It really does seem like X-Factor will connect a lot of dots that have been left hanging. 7/10 for me.
    I disagree on the dialogue of between Daken and Northstar pretty natural pretty common for a sexuality to come up in a conversation between two bi/gay dudes who don't like each other (as well as sexual positions lol) and are trying to be shady.

  6. #216
    Mighty Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    I thought it was kind of weird and disjointed. I wanted to like it because Daken is finally involved in something, but it was pretty meh. Northstar really didn't contribute anything and is being made leader for no real reason. I don't remember him peppering his speech with so much gratuitous french before. Everyone else was just sort of there. They're trying to make that dog into a thing, and its not working. Its kind of grim if you know what the war wolves are. I love Daken, but doesn't having a telepath who can pull info out of minds make his pheromone-interrogation kind of redundant? In fact a lot of their skills make each others' redundant if I think about it.

    It felt like they were building up a decent mystery, and the image of all the cars in the water was striking. But then they just left? And figured out the whole thing was because of some faceless random mutant racists? I thought they were going to saw the bridge was haunted and people were getting dragged off the side by Pennywise or something. But nope, another racist.

    That confrontation with the 5 made everyone look bad. Northstar was demanding and petty, and the 5 were hypocrites because we know how often they've 'line jumped' from all the deaths in other books. And if they have thing massive backlog of missing persons, they've done a real shit job of keeping people safe.

  7. #217
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    4,864

    Default

    I felt the issue was very wordy and kind of hard to follow

    Had a pretty big Polaris focus which I liked though. The thing with her dad almost pressuring her to want to be the leader or having "expectations" in that way was kind of neat. But honestly I didn't like how she asked him to describe her in a sentence, he can't, and she's like "exactly". That... was 4th wall stuff to me and Leah Williams giving her own PoV on Lorna. But Lorna *does* have a lot of past definition to work with she ISN'T a blank slate and should not be treated as such. The fact Polaris has a history with Krakoa involving tossing it into outer space (along with Storm and Havok) was good to bring up. Her creating the team building meh it's fine. Overall my main thing with Lorna is, the book needs to justify why she's there, what does she offer the team and what does the team offer her. Rachel has TK so if it's just about controlling metal she has no purpose.

    Felt kind of bad for Eyeboy whose prior development in the most recent Generation X (and also continued a bit in the Age of XMan book he was in) is being reverted and ignored some, and he's just a "lovable loser" of the group, or a comic relief. Of course that is probably how most fans view him anyhow but still... he actually DOES have very useful mutant abilities. And his thing with Nature Girl...

    Northstar still has his arrogance and elitism SOME but toned down for sure. I can still tell he's from Quebec but that's also kinda toned back.

    Daken to me seems almost unrecognizable not just how he's drawn but how he behaves. At least some characters note Daken is basically a villain for 90% of his existence but him suddenly being just a nice mellow dude...? It's a bit much to take. Need more transition here.

    Prodigy didn't get a lot of attention I don't think

    Rachel... don't know if I love how she's dressed well I guess they didn't really get their new costumes yet they were all in casual wear which is fine for a first issue when they were all out doing random stuff. I did like how her casualwear still had like "spikes" design on it. She and Polaris are obviously the powerhouses here and will presumably do the vast bulk of the work, although I can definitely see how the others could assist.

    I had some headcanons going in to this book about how the team chemistry might work out, so far totally don't think it'll go the way I was thinking but we'll find out

    Overall yeah just a confusing first issue, they're detectives searching for how mutants die, and the book will involve "The Five" and touch on more details related to the new Resurrection Protocols and all of that. It could get fairly philosophical or involve moral conflict for sure, and I still hold out hope their detective work may ultimately lead them into finding out "secrets" that are less than wholesome regarding Krakoa/Moira. That would give this book a real point, right now it seems more of a setup for sort of "wacky hijinks... when a group of strangers all are forced to come together, who knows what zany fun might emerge?". Which is OK but not really great for me, hoping for more substance
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 08-03-2020 at 03:52 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

    OBEY

  8. #218
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah she lived with her Aunt after her attempt at being an actress living with SKin, and after X-Corp with Banshee......You gotta be at least 16 to be legally emancipated, and I refuse to believe Skin was tryna holla at 14/15 Jubilee
    I thought Synch was Jubilee's biscuit with a side piece?

  9. #219
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I thought Synch was Jubilee's biscuit with a side piece?
    Synch was long dead at the time.

    Synch never graduated Generation X, because he died before the series ended.

  10. #220
    Mighty Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    This is a weird detail that irks me, but Krakoa still doesn't feel like a real place that people actually live on. The maps have actually worked against this, because Krakoa is actually a tiny island, so having these shots of big open fields and gigantic structures for tiny groups of people just serves to emphasize that the island makes no sense.

    I'm not familiar with Aurora and what her powers are. Why didn't she just get out of the car when it wrecked? She drowned, not died on impact.

    And that data page at the end told us nothing. Oh look, they're government is still mostly a secret. That told us so little information that it was a waste of space. Reminds me of when I was super into the SCP Foundation, and you'd see pages where something was supposed to be creepy because literally everything was blacked out and ||DATA EXPUNGED||

  11. #221
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This is a weird detail that irks me, but Krakoa still doesn't feel like a real place that people actually live on. The maps have actually worked against this, because Krakoa is actually a tiny island, so having these shots of big open fields and gigantic structures for tiny groups of people just serves to emphasize that the island makes no sense.
    I feel the same way. Is Krakoa really that large and we're not aware, or is it that it grows with the needs of a story or writer?

    I'm not familiar with Aurora and what her powers are. Why didn't she just get out of the car when it wrecked? She drowned, not died on impact.
    I presume that something else was in play in why she didn't escape. Likely to be addressed when she is revived and a plot point down the line.

    And that data page at the end told us nothing. Oh look, they're government is still mostly a secret. That told us so little information that it was a waste of space. Reminds me of when I was super into the SCP Foundation, and you'd see pages where something was supposed to be creepy because literally everything was blacked out and ||DATA EXPUNGED||
    I believe Leah said that she will be revealing parts of those redacted bits as her arcs move along and they touch upon them.

  12. #222
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Aurora's secondary mutation is invulnerability to vehicular accidents

  13. #223
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This is a weird detail that irks me, but Krakoa still doesn't feel like a real place that people actually live on. The maps have actually worked against this, because Krakoa is actually a tiny island, so having these shots of big open fields and gigantic structures for tiny groups of people just serves to emphasize that the island makes no sense.
    This is an area where size is relative and scale can be very deceptive. In HoX, Krakoa is given a land area of 316 square miles (tiny print on the map), which is roughly comparable to Molokai in the Hawaiian Islands (5th largest in the chain with 260 square miles). What they've shown of Krakoa would fit pretty comfortably there and population/building probably wouldn't be an issue, currently at least. However Oahu, the most populated of the Hawaiian islands has almost twice the land area of Krakoa and a total population of about a million people. If they ever get to the point of restoring the dead from Genosha in significant numbers, 16 million would probably start straining things.
    this is between 263 square miles for the pacific Krakoa and 53 for the Atlantic Krakoa*
    Last edited by Kisinith; 08-03-2020 at 01:27 PM.

  14. #224
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Aurora's secondary mutation is invulnerability to vehicular accidents
    Lmao

    I've already said that but it didn't work. Aurora has displayed different personalities in the past, and not all of them might know how to use her powers or be good with them.

  15. #225
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    This is an area where size is relative and scale can be very deceptive. In HoX, Krakoa is given a land area of 316 square miles (tiny print on the map), which is roughly comparable to Molokai in the Hawaiian Islands (5th largest in the chain with 260 square miles). What they've shown of Krakoa would fit pretty comfortably there and population/building probably wouldn't be an issue, currently at least. However Oahu, the most populated of the Hawaiian islands has almost twice the land area of Krakoa and a total population of about a million people. If they ever get to the point of restoring the dead from Genosha in significant numbers, 16 million would probably start straining things.

    this is between 263 square miles for the pacific Krakoa and 53 for the Atlantic Krakoa*
    Yet another reason why Wanda would have messed up even if her Resurrection Spell worked.

    Btw, they still have habitats that allow them to live everywhere.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •