View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yet another reason why Wanda would have messed up even if her Resurrection Spell worked.

Btw, they still have habitats that allow them to live everywhere.
    Yeah, I know this was purely an academic observation on total land area just with regards to Krakoa itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Lmao

I've already said that but it didn't work. Aurora has displayed different personalities in the past, and not all of them might know how to use her powers or be good with them.
    ok come thru receipts ! even then though, sometimes ppl are caught off guard lol . im surprised this is like a recurring criticism lobbed against the issue

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    ok come thru receipts ! even then though, sometimes ppl are caught off guard lol . im surprised this is like a recurring criticism lobbed against the issue
    The criticism for me is that the writers have gone a little too casual with the frequency of death. Also, X-Factor #1 didn't do a super good job at really looking into the murder. It was definitely more of an afterthought to set up the team. Like, I didn't even get a super good feeling that they were going to follow up with Aurora. Obviously, they will because we know she's going to be on the team, but if you didn't know that it did seem like they weren't asking the right questions about her case.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    The criticism for me is that the writers have gone a little too casual with the frequency of death. Also, X-Factor #1 didn't do a super good job at really looking into the murder. It was definitely more of an afterthought to set up the team. Like, I didn't even get a super good feeling that they were going to follow up with Aurora. Obviously, they will because we know she's going to be on the team, but if you didn't know that it did seem like they weren't asking the right questions about her case.
    Thats not a negative for hte issue. She needs to be resurrected in order for them to interrogate her which we will presumably see next issue, if not a future one(not sure how XOS will derail things). This wasnt meant to be a one and done plotline so its ine that things were set up here for them to be explored later

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Daken to me seems almost unrecognizable not just how he's drawn but how he behaves. At least some characters note Daken is basically a villain for 90% of his existence but him suddenly being just a nice mellow dude...? It's a bit much to take. Need more transition here.
    ? No characters noted that he was a villain, Northstar literally said it’s not that, but him beig a mess. And he got rejected first because he was drunk and passed out on the floor in the bar. It shouldn't be more surprising than Blob suddenly being a nice bartender or Black Tom Cassidy a teamplayer who worries for Krakoa, etc. It’s a new era for villains, they’re all being chilled and now it’s just Daken’s turn for a more positive writing that is not about making him a one dimensional cheap villain. And he was already moderately chilled since Logan died anyway.

The way he behaves and looks is strange but it’s intentional. Leah confirmed that he’s basically depressed because Laura is missing (I hope this will be addressed more clearly later in the book though), and he sympathized with Northstar’s case of missing sister and that’s why he wanted to help, not because ‘he was bored and found Aurora hot’ as he said – but of course he wouldn’t admit this and just covered it with humor and acting annoying. this all makes perfect sense, it’s not new to us that he truly cares about Laura or that he’s not particularly good at showing emotions or working with others. I assume this will be his main development point in the book along the way. As for the look, Baldeon said there’s a rational behind it, it’s about characterization and it will be shown soon in the book. I suppose it’s also about him being depressed currently. It was also confirmed that Daken was sympathetic to Aurora dying by drowning as he himself has experience in this regard. These all are important characterization points for him.

He isn’t just suddenly ‘a nice mellow dude’, Leah said she will focus on healing these characters and in Daken’s case showing that he isn’t just ‘slice and flirt’ as the others in the book -and the readers too- see him right now.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not a negative for hte issue. She needs to be resurrected in order for them to interrogate her which we will presumably see next issue, if not a future one(not sure how XOS will derail things). This wasnt meant to be a one and done plotline so its ine that things were set up here for them to be explored later
    I'm not saying it was the worst thing, but I didn't think it was done as well as it could have been. That's all. Of course her resurrection will tell more (as will future issues), but the issue itself had this kind of CBS police procedural feel where it felt like the case was one-and-done and moved on from. As I said before, I just didn't think any characters were shown asking the right questions or put any real thought into Aurora as a person rather than a plot device.

I'll re-read it and see if I still feel this way. It's really not a big deal.
    Last edited by superjosh; 08-03-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Im curious if Kyle is gonna get bullied or discriminated by A-hole Krakoans while walking around the island that don't like the idea of a human there even if he's married to Northstar.

Totally random... I know Cecilia is busy being the only doctor that ever doctored in the whole history of mutant-dom, but it would've been awesome to have her on the team. She could've been their Watson. She never wanted to be a superhero, so this seems like a good showcase for her.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Totally random... I know Cecilia is busy being the only doctor that ever doctored in the whole history of mutant-dom, but it would've been awesome to have her on the team. She could've been their Watson. She never wanted to be a superhero, so this seems like a good showcase for her.
    But she's not a superhero now. I think she works as a support character and I like how she's being utilized in this era along with Forge and Sage. I think if she shows up here as a medical examiner, then that would be fitting for her

Very well written and this has proven do indeed be an interesting cast of characters. Will love to continue to read since I adore Northstar. I also love Polaris and this takes on Daken and Rachel are amazing. The sexual tension and queer attitude in this book is amazing. The dialogues and art made it looks a little bit silly but nothing that took aways my pleasure of reading it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But she's not a superhero now. I think she works as a support character and I like how she's being utilized in this era along with Forge and Sage. I think if she shows up here as a medical examiner, then that would be fitting for her
    I just want to see her get a little more love in some books. She's always simply the go-to doctor when the story calls for one. Like even autopsies (as mentioned in this issue) when she's not a forensics expert.

It is a testament to her likeability that even after 20+ years of no development I still like her character lol. An investigative book could've been her only shot! I would love to see her join in some action (not in the background)... not necessarily as a fighter but just as an integral member of a team.

Where's shatterstar been? Didn't know where else to ask this!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Where's shatterstar been? Didn't know where else to ask this!
    Best place would be this thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...come-to-Krakoa

As for your question, he made a cameo in X-Force #2

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    This is an area where size is relative and scale can be very deceptive. In HoX, Krakoa is given a land area of 316 square miles (tiny print on the map), which is roughly comparable to Molokai in the Hawaiian Islands (5th largest in the chain with 260 square miles). What they've shown of Krakoa would fit pretty comfortably there and population/building probably wouldn't be an issue, currently at least. However Oahu, the most populated of the Hawaiian islands has almost twice the land area of Krakoa and a total population of about a million people. If they ever get to the point of restoring the dead from Genosha in significant numbers, 16 million would probably start straining things.
    this is between 263 square miles for the pacific Krakoa and 53 for the Atlantic Krakoa*
    MATH! Well done with all of that. I know its a small thing that doesn't bother most people, but we keep getting these weird giant buildings and sweeping vistas and jungles. Its just kind of weird for me.

The bigger concern for me was how badly they handled the actual mystery and investigation. Their abilities all did the same thing, basically. Like, why have Daken go off and smooth talk that guy when Rachel could instantly solve the problem. It kind of felt like they had to stretch to try and make everyone look useful with their powers, when a lot of the deductions at the end would have been blindingly obvious with just a little checking.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 08-03-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    ? No characters noted that he was a villain, Northstar literally said it’s not that, but him beig a mess. And he got rejected first because he was drunk and passed out on the floor in the bar. It shouldn't be more surprising than Blob suddenly being a nice bartender or Black Tom Cassidy a teamplayer who worries for Krakoa, etc. It’s a new era for villains, they’re all being chilled and now it’s just Daken’s turn for a more positive writing that is not about making him a one dimensional cheap villain. And he was already moderately chilled since Logan died anyway.

The way he behaves and looks is strange but it’s intentional. Leah confirmed that he’s basically depressed because Laura is missing (I hope this will be addressed more clearly later in the book though), and he sympathized with Northstar’s case of missing sister and that’s why he wanted to help, not because ‘he was bored and found Aurora hot’ as he said – but of course he wouldn’t admit this and just covered it with humor and acting annoying. this all makes perfect sense, it’s not new to us that he truly cares about Laura or that he’s not particularly good at showing emotions or working with others. I assume this will be his main development point in the book along the way. As for the look, Baldeon said there’s a rational behind it, it’s about characterization and it will be shown soon in the book. I suppose it’s also about him being depressed currently. It was also confirmed that Daken was sympathetic to Aurora dying by drowning as he himself has experience in this regard. These all are important characterization points for him.

He isn’t just suddenly ‘a nice mellow dude’, Leah said she will focus on healing these characters and in Daken’s case showing that he isn’t just ‘slice and flirt’ as the others in the book -and the readers too- see him right now.
    I know it’s only the first issue and a busy one, but this needs yo be addressed in the book, not on the writer’s twitter feed.
    People saying he’s out of character don’t know the authors intentions if it’s not presented on page.