Default X-Corps: MedX (2014 - current)

The Mactaggert-Cassidy Memorial Hospital was a concept I started in 2006 was a Medical Based X-Book called MedX (a play on the word Medics), I've worked it into many story arcs over the years from Nation X, Utopia, and now throwing around ideas to see where it would take place in Hickman's events of Dawn of X (fanfiction of course). I wanted the book to establish itself in a corner of the X-Universe, following similarities of Peter David's X-Factor Inc. The mutant hospital would later establish a network of Mutant & Metahuman hospitals, or establish one singular facility.

Originally, Banshee had been killed and Siryn found blueprints that her father had been working on for a memorial to Moira Magtaggert. Siryn brings this to the attention of Cyclops and Emma, pre-schism. Emma hand selects a few students to enter the new program intended to carry on Xavier's dream of unity, this time in a new way. Cyclops meets with Forge and the X-Club to start the project. They are funded by Warren, Karma, and Sunspot. They appoint Husk to join the team.

I mapped out the teams into three different functions:

I. Medical students led by Dr. Cecilia Reyes (at this time she was still missing in the events of Weapon X, project neverland, later appearing in NYX)

• Beak (inspired by bird masks of 14th Century epidemic)
    • Match (cauterize capabilities)
    • Celeste cuckoo (team psychic)
    • Elixir
    • Leech (when canceling powers can get through invulnerability etc.)
    • Shola (at the time he was trying to control his destructive telekinetic capabilities caused by Genosha genocide)

**Beast and Danger create simulations that recount famous deaths/injuries throughout the X-Men ages. The students are put to the test to get different results in simulations.
    ***Beast and Cecilia would be paired up, similar to X-Men the End.
    ****Thought about Nga and Leong (karma's siblings) as well as Nicole and Claudette (monet's siblings)

II. Faculty/Medical staff (core & rotating cast, way to spotlight supporting/recurring characters to showcase different hospital wings/departments.

• Annie Ghazikhanian (Lead Nurse)
    • Stacy-X (Nurse; codename change: caduceus, homage to the serpent symbol of medicine)
    • Ariel (nurse)
    • Marrow (security)
    • Daytripper (receptionist, at the time she was exiled from Limbo)
    • Lifeguard
    • Slipstream
    • Thunderbird (Nurse; Codename: Range or Agni)
    • Masque (Surgeon)

*Angel Salvadore w/ carter (childcare wing, at the time wolfsbane, jessica jones, jessica drew, and Beak n Angel had children.)
    **Dermatology (wraith, glob herman, tattoo, ink, blob --was depowered at the time, skin --he was killed at the time--)
    ***Thearapy/Rehabilitation wing (mental & physical trauma)
    ****Animal (pet avengers make a cameo in the opening)
    *****Bloodbank (stored viles wolverine, x-23, Archangel)
    ******X-Club

III. E.R.T. the emergency response team would respond to threats, and marvel universe events.

• Iceman (lead)
    • Husk (co-lead)
    • Northstar
    • Forge
    • Mercury
    • Jubilee (at the time she was a vampire, I wanted to play around with a blood bank she could drink and calm her urges)

*Introduce Spyke (616 version, inspired by X-Men Evolution)
    ** Wing (Flight medic, codename: Wingspan killed at the time.
    *** Icarus (killed at the time)
    **** Surge (replace jubilee; codename: adapter or counter-shock)

In a current setting there would be some changes to adapt to the Krokoan trajectory, the five nearly making this set-up obsolete, however I do have some ideas.

I hope this was a fun read and keeps on gaining momentum.

Best,

Scott

MedX (2014 FEB).jpg
    Last edited by iNitro; 08-04-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Pretty cool. You could probably add Lionel Jeffries to the cast. Maybe Physique.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Pretty cool. You could probably add Lionel Jeffries to the cast. Maybe Physique.
    It's not often that I am hit with characters I do not know! I'll look them up. The book direction would definitely focus on I. & III. with II. being quick inserts of characters listed and those you mentioned. Starting in the X-corner of the universe, later allowing maybe an ambassador type of establishment where all metahumans are treated under Krakoan law.

I like this idea a lot!

There was that whole Mutants San Frontieres thing but it never really took off.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like this idea a lot!

There was that whole Mutants San Frontieres thing but it never really took off.
    Thanks veitha. I can't credit Hickman enough for saving and redirecting our mutants in this trajectory. I was also really drawn to how peter david established X-factor inc. (still interacting with Marvel Universe, but maintaining it's ground in X-corner.

I just thought about adding cameos to Stevie Hunter and Red Lotus into the Rehabilitation Wing. My first arc, was written to establish and set up the team. Then find and recover Cecilia Reyes, then give her a purpose while working through her trauma by teaching. I also wanted to use this as a recounting of X-lore and visit past deaths and injuries and have these students in simulations to thwart if they were present.

The ERT would serve as the dispatch, and action heavy. I have a lot of inspiration to draw from (remember when cyclops had a bomb placed in his abdomen and Iceman + Marrow had to remove it)

Amelia Voght was Xavier’s nurse. I’d like to see her and Cece defend the ER from intruders.