View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Im curious if Kyle is gonna get bullied or discriminated by A-hole Krakoans while walking around the island that don't like the idea of a human there even if he's married to Northstar.
    Why waste page time on that?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I know it’s only the first issue and a busy one, but this needs yo be addressed in the book, not on the writer’s twitter feed.
    People saying he’s out of character don’t know the authors intentions if it’s not presented on page.
    Nor do they have access to his inner thoughts to know whether or not he's "acting out of character", as thought balloons are not currently in vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    They'll mention it in a quick 2 sentence blurb in the data pages

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They'll mention it in a quick 2 sentence blurb in the data pages
    "Kyle got both of his arms broken by mind-controlled Krakoan fascist dictators."

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I know it’s only the first issue and a busy one, but this needs yo be addressed in the book, not on the writer’s twitter feed.
    People saying he’s out of character don’t know the authors intentions if it’s not presented on page.
    Except that it wasn’t Leah who randomly explained the first issue on twitter instead of showing it on pages, but it was readers telling their interpretations of the first issue which was confirmed to be correct by her. So maybe the question is why some readers understood Leah’s intentions correctly and why it feels ooc for some others.

Generally speaking what your saying about twitter is always true and I completely agree. But the facts are facts and we do have them in the books: 1) Every villain is different now in this new era, it's nothing new for Daken, he is supposed to be chilled. If someone is not chilled then they're either on the Hellions rehabilitation team or in the pit. 2) Daken'd been somewhat different from his old villain days already for quite some time before Krakoa. 3) it doesn't even need to be directly addressed that it's because of Laura missing, if you know anything about the character to make a comparison, you probably already know that his sister is like the only person he cares about and the only one who managed to bring out the better of him (Like he already helped to save an island of people just to help Laura). It's not a reach to see that he might understand Jean-Paul worrying about his sister(regardless of Laura missing or not) and want to help. It's easy to notice in that moment when literally Daken was the tactful one of the team towards Northstar when they found Aurora's body, -that scene speaks for itself. Since the first investigation case is about a sister from the worrying brother's perspective, it's something that Daken can connect to. Him joining the team makes perfect sense. Maybe if it had been someone/something else, he would never have volunteered. this has been like Daken's only one and most positive quality which has been presented on pages quite a few times before - if people saying it's out of character now in X-Factor then it just means they don't know the character well enough or they just ignore this aspect and history of the character - then there's nothing to talk about honestly. It's not Leah's task to make them familiar with previous material, go back and read ANW and other DoX books where villains are presented. It's simple continuation of other books and Daken's characterization, not the writer's twitter feed. The only thing we really don't know anything about and is completely new and out of character is his new look. For that, I'm definitely waiting for some explanations. for the other things, I just lean back and enjoy Taylor's characterization of Daken from ANW being continued in X-Factor.
    Last edited by DAHX; 08-04-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Leah did say she and Tini are working on a story that highlights the humans living on Krakoa. I hope they're having a grand ol' time.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Except that it wasn’t Leah who randomly explained the first issue on twitter instead of showing it on pages, but it was readers telling their interpretations of the first issue which was confirmed to be correct by her. So maybe the question is why some readers understood Leah’s intentions correctly and why it feels ooc for some others.
    Thanks for this info. Since she confirmed what others were guessing, perhaps it indeed will be addressed on the page.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It was a decent star, Lorna was the best part of it, if enjoy the next one i might follow this series too.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona