View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yes this! I don't know if they're going to explain that Aurora was drugged or something, but come on! She's been a superhero for a long time and she can't get herself out of a situation like that?? Her powers include super speed and reflexes. And she can literally run on water!! And fly!

They need to stop being so flippant with death. All these characters that have never had a comic book death are all of a sudden just biting it during random missions.
    I’m gonna assume that something sketch happened to Aurora, which is why she could escape. In X-Force they honestly just need to acknowledge that they’re being less careful cause they can be resurrected.

Around here we'd probably call him "a bit of a wanker" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m gonna assume that something sketch happened to Aurora, which is why she could escape. In X-Force they honestly just need to acknowledge that they’re being less careful cause they can be resurrected.
    Character before had plot armor, The activities the X-men do would lead to more deaths than what see in the comics. Fans are just complaining to be honest if the lack of deaths didn't bother then people dying more shouldn't either both are same side of plot armor process. How many times have X-men send people out with no combat experience or real training and they walk out of the situation alive? People die all the time in those type of things.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-30-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Best issue of the week imo.
    100% same.
    This book, in one issue -- the OPENER no less -- is already ascended into top 3 Dawn of X titles: Marauders, X-Factor & Hellions.

The connection between writer and artist is SO strong and evident throughout the book. They clearly vibe. Start to finish, I was hooked -- which was completely stunning considering I've very little attachment to a majority of the cast -- much like Peter David's previous X-Factor run. I didn't anticipate caring about Madrox, Rictor, Shatterstar etc. in that run, and the same applies here to Rachel and Polaris. I'm just GIDDY to fall in love with them.

The balance of character beats is terrific -- allowing readers enough insight to get us curious -- and the META commentary (Like how most writers just don't seem to know what Polaris' personality is -- or that Rachel's chrono skimming power went completely forgotten till now hahaha) and HORNINESS of this book is just outstanding! hahaha. This is some AMAZING world building stuff Leah is doing.

Love love love.
    Can't wait for more.
    The only disappointment for me is that other people didn't enjoy this as much as I did.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-30-2020 at 04:58 AM.

I found myself surprised by really enjoying the issue. I’d prefer another artist but it was less jarring as I read through the issue. I quite liked most of the cast before this issue, and I think Northstar had a good rapport with Polaris. Rachel seemed a bit off for me and I’m already over the warwolf but that’s only a tiny complaint. I assume we’ll get more information from Aurora once she’s been resurrected, and I’m glad we didn’t have to wait four issues before her case was solved and she could join the team. Family seemed to be a threat in this issue: both with Polaris/Magneto and Northstar/Aurora. Polaris flat out said that Magneto barely knew her (and that she wasn’t certain of her own identity) then Northstar had both Sage (regarding the drinking) and Prodigy (regarding the social media) imply that he doesn’t know Aurora as well as he thinks.

Overall, it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    100% same.
    This book, in one issue -- the OPENER no less -- is already ascended into top 3 Dawn of X titles: Marauders, X-Factor & Hellions.

The connection between writer and artist is SO strong and evident throughout the book. They clearly vibe. Start to finish, I was hooked -- which was completely stunning considering I've very little attachment to a majority of the cast -- much like Peter David's previous X-Factor run. I didn't anticipate caring about Madrox, Rictor, Shatterstar etc. in that run, and the same applies here to Rachel and Polaris. I'm just GIDDY to fall in love with them.

The balance of character beats is terrific -- allowing readers enough insight to get us curious -- and the META commentary and HORNINESS of this book is just outstanding! hahaha. This is some AMAZING world building stuff Leah is doing.

Love love love.
    Can't wait for more.
    The only disappointment for me is that other people didn't enjoy this as much as I did.
    I totally agree. After one issue I’m more emotionally invested in this cast than any other DoX title. Ignoring a bit of cringe dialogue, I felt like they were actual people with quirks and flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I totally agree. After one issue I’m more emotionally invested in this cast than any other DoX title. Ignoring a bit of cringe dialogue, I felt like they were actual people with quirks and flaws.
    SAME.
    What I also LOVE about this book is how DENSE it was. There was SO MUCH TALKING. I live for "day in the life of" stories and this was brimming with that kind of interplay.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "disaster bi" is a bit of a Tumblr speak but I've seen people say it in real life, so it's not that strange either.
    I've had it used to describe my fashion sense.... I thought it was a compliment!

I had to vote average read on this one.

I wasn't bothered by all of the dialogue that some other readers were. I just found the story to be underwhelming. The Warwolf puppy was pretty damn annoying.

I will most likely stick with the comic for at least until the end of the Swords of X crossover though.
    Polaris is a favorite character of mine, and I also like Northstar a lot. They were the best characters in my opinion, so I'll keep reading just for those two, for the time being.

This is clearly a character driven series, like Runaways for example. Other DoX series are more plot driven.

Neither is better than the other and it is good that there is variety for all tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This is clearly a character driven series, like Runaways for example. Other DoX series are more plot driven.

Neither is better than the other and it is good that there is variety for all tastes.
    :O

Hit the nail on the head, I was trying to figure out what book this reminded me of and Runaways does give off the same vibe.

Anyway interesting read, though some of the dialogue did annoy me. I appreciated the character beats though, particularly Polaris, and do want more explored for the rest of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    100% same.

The balance of character beats is terrific -- allowing readers enough insight to get us curious -- and the META commentary (Like how most writers just don't seem to know what Polaris' personality is -- or that Rachel's chrono skimming power went completely forgotten till now hahaha) and HORNINESS of this book is just outstanding! hahaha. This is some AMAZING world building stuff Leah is doing.

Love love love.
    Can't wait for more.
    I noticed on twitter that David is very engaged with Leah! Actually he is really engaged with Leah, Tini, and Vita!

I think some of the other artists aren't quite as social as David is, he is very active on twitter and engages with his Spanish and English followers in both languages!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I noticed on twitter that David is very engaged with Leah! Actually he is really engaged with Leah, Tini, and Vita!

I think some of the other artists aren't quite as social as David is, he is very active on twitter and engages with his Spanish and English followers in both languages!
    Class act. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    "Disaster bi", "distinguished bi", "can you describe my personality" don't sound like words people would actually use in real life, it really takes me out of the story. Also Daken looks like a monster who ate Daken. Other than that, not a bad start.
    Same, it actually put me off a little until the story came , it gave me archive fanfic a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    :O

Hit the nail on the head, I was trying to figure out what book this reminded me of and Runaways does give off the same vibe.

Anyway interesting read, though some of the dialogue did annoy me. I appreciated the character beats though, particularly Polaris, and do want more explored for the rest of the cast.
    In these series there is usually no great plot towards which the narrative is directed, just "one and done" arcs that develop the characters. From the way Leah talks about how she is going to structure X-Factor, it sounds like this is going to be the case. And it's fine. Character driven and plot driven series can coexist.

However character driven is probably the best choice for when you don't know if you are going to be canceled early. This is a good choice.