View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this issue was really good. the pacing felt really nice and I liked the character interactions. and I want daken to get me pregnant. that is all .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I got a good kick out it. Im more curious to see how the Resurrection Protocols play into future stories.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    So I had to read the book twice to decide that I liked it. Overall the exposition was a lot in some places to wade through and the art was so-so in most areas...but having said that, what I really appreciated and liked:

-Lorna was written well, imo. And her collab with Krakoa to build the tower...the design for the tower outside and inside were well rendered
    -we are given an explanation for the team to exist and it made sense
    -we are given (thanks to Forge et al) an explanation for a process for activating the team
    -a scene in Belling-frickin’-ham!!!
    -and a scene on Deception Pass!!! (The vantage point, the bridge, the cliffs and being in the environs of Bellingham area make me think that it is Deception Pass)

The rest of the characters outside of Lorna are ‘meh’ so far (to me), bu I am interested enough to come back and see where this is all heading.

Belling-frickin-ham *shakes head with a wry smile*
    A fellow PNWer i see
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Spectacular Member

I did not like this, i felt the dialogue was really cringe and out of character. Why are they all acting like sassy teenagers suddenly?

I love this book. I'm such a suckeer for picking a team of powers with specific uses for the mission statement. I love Lorna in this. This is greeat.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

This feels like an okay book. The art will hopefully grow on me. I did like the little exchange between Daken and Northstar, about being a disaster bisexual compared to a distinguished bisexual like Prodigy. I wonder if Tommy will make a cameo, since he and David are dating. I also liked that they all contributed their skills to the quest, even Eye Boy. I hope that is the case throughout. I’m not sure how to feel about Lorna declining leadership because she didn’t know who she was anymore than Magneto did. It felt a bit too meta, for a scene that was trying to be genuine. I did like that she actually created their HQ with the help of Krakoa. Northstar ending the chapter with Allons-y gave me Doctor Who vibes.

Not super surprised to find I really enjoyed this, despite the fact I had no particular interest in this cast going in except for Fred.

Leah really excels with dialogue. It flows and is character specific and I never found myself confused about intentions/meanings or having to reread panels. She also hits humor beats really well.

The Rachel and Amazing Baby moments were so relatable and gave me a laugh. I was super happy to see Fred thriving and to see that he seems to have some lingering rapport with Northstar presumably from their time in X-Tremists. I hope we see more built on that.

Loved seeing Rachel's chronoskimming power remembered and utilized.

The plot was straightforward, easy to follow and flowed logically. It was clear to see how/why each character joins the team and why the team is actually needed.

It was also so nice to finally feel like questions are getting answered/addressed about how Krakoa functions and how resurrections function and to see some real world-building.

We finally got a sneak peak at how the Five live and a glimpse of their personalities. It's interesting how wrapped up Hope has become in this new role and how different it is from her more "warrior" personality before Cable died. Definitely hope to see that interrogated further.

The murder mystery/procedural aspect should prove appealing to me. It has less in the way of action, but I'm glad to trade some of that out for these other aspects.

The art is not my favorite, but I don't hate it. At the least it was very expressive. I also appreciated seeing so much casual wear clothes rather than constant costumes like we get in the other books.

This book did exactly what a number one should do: establish the premise and plot and cast, then entice the reader to come back for more. It also connected it in well with all of the parts of the existing world. 5/5 stars on Comixology.

I think I'll stick around for more.

This was great! An insane amount of things happen(having the team come together, the mystery of Aurora's death, individual character moments, exposition, etc) but the pacing didn't feel too rushed. Except for JP's insane cheekbones, I actually like the art. And even those are less terrible when he doesn't have facial hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    To be fair, Rachel's powers are quite complicated in and of themselves. That explanation is necessary.

I know it is not in the comic but the idea of Apocalypse having to endure the explanation of the car accident is very funny to me. I imagine him looking at the phone thinking "Why the hell do I have to listen to this?".
    I was totally thinking Adrienne Frost would be a perfect addition because, well, Psychometry. I had no idea Rachel had that as well.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

What did the CK mean in Krakoa language on Prodigys shirt mean?

Also that hit real hard that Magneto couldn't even come up with an answer to Polaris asking about her personality. It really does speak to how you can be family with someone but have no idea who they are. They just play a role in your life instead of knowing who they are.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

I thought it was a reference to Calvin Klein, which often has a simple CK on their goods.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I was totally thinking Adrienne Frost would be a perfect addition because, well, Psychometry. I had no idea Rachel had that as well.
    Personally I love characters with specialized psychic powers, but some of the very powerful telepaths seem to be able to do a bit of everything psychic. Emma Frost has displayed psychometry before (when she touched a key in the New X-men annual), Jean did some sort of psychometric psychic cleansing of the X-mansion after OZT, and there are probably other examples with the other major telepaths.

I am glad they went back to the chrono-skimming though initially I think the sending minds through time was just a part of Rachel's telepathy but later (probably in Excalibur) it was officially said to be a separate power (or a unique power to her as she inherited tp/tk from her mother). I like that Rachel has this other power or aspect to her power because it help sets her apart from the other psionics.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

Also that hit real hard that Magneto couldn't even come up with an answer to Polaris asking about her personality. It really does speak to how you can be family with someone but have no idea who they are. They just play a role in your life instead of knowing who they are.
    Agreed and it´s a realistic portrayal of their relationship, this is the first time both know they are father and daughter and are interacting constantly, Magneto´s comment suggested Lorna lived with him on the House of M in Krakoa until she made the building for X-factor, she lived with him on Genosha but didn´t have the opportunity to really know each other as people, not just felow X-men or fellow mutants. We as readers may known them but they don´t know each other, I am sure Lorna doesn´t know much about Magneto´s story either because he doesn´t open easily to other people and Lorna has a similar issue whth him. I hope Leah adresses their story and Age of X-man on future issues.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-29-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This was a great book and it shows why the X-men line is best franchise in comics. Very few franchise in comics has the ability to be a genre inside of another genre and execute it well. The weird thing to me is people complaining about exposition in mystery/police procedural book a genre literally explaining what is happening while giving as much information to reader as possible. It was a first issue generally the issue of comic that has to explain how the comic works to readers and set up how every things works for the series which is a bunch of explaining, And detective work via super powers which is a bunch of explaining and you also have to explain the mystery of what is happening.

If the issue had not provided all the information it they would have been a bunch people crying about I don't get how this works or since when those Rachel power do this,etc. This was an episode of tv show CSI and this book executed Mutant CSI pretty well.

Hands down one of the best Krakoa-age launches. The art was unconventional, but I think a great addition to the story. The character beats were refreshing, especially when some of the other X-Books are too plot-driven that there isn't much characterization. Lorna was an absolute gem in this book and I will keep reading to learn more about how Leah is writing her.

I don't normally like David, but he didn't annoy me here. JP was spot on and every panel he was in was lovely. The story was engaging and kept me hooked the entire time. If people are complaining about too much exposition, then you haven't read a Claremont issue. My $5 was well spent here, as I don't want to spend $5 to read through a single issue in 5 minutes.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Since it is now "Thread Relevant..."?

The idea that X-Factor are "Cops..."?

Hilariously off base.

Past that, perfectly solid start.