View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How this team came together , made little sense to me. A hodge podge of random mutants just thrown together outside of Northstar, Rachel and Lorna
    I mean Prodigy is a genius and has great analytical skills and Eye-boy has an applicable power set so it makes sense that he would volunteer himself. Daken seemed the most random, but the book acknowledged that AND surprised us by showing how useful he can be on an investigative team.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I like Leah’s writing, will be interesting to see where this goes.
    I’m not convinced the artist is right for for this book.
    It’s nice to see Rachel and Lorna getting some love, it feels as though Lorna is being written as about the same age as the rest ir the cast, but I always think of her as being about the same age as Jean?
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 07-30-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It’s nice to see Rachel and Laura getting some love, it feels as though Laura is being written as about the same age as the rest ir the cast, but I always think of her as being about the same age as Jean?
    You mean Lorna?

Yes, she is about the same age as Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You mean Lorna?

Yes, she is about the same age as Jean.
    Sorry, yes, I’ll correct my post!

So, yeah, it felt like she was the same age as the rest of the team, which I suspect was a deliberate decision. And of course, first issue, characters will settle down..
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 07-30-2020 at 02:00 PM.

I'm just reading this for Polaris. The first issue was not bad but not great either. I did feel bad for Northstar. Daken is definitely sleazy. Amazing Baby jokes have to go.

I am very curious what the Augural exception was in the document pages - I may be misspelling it or calling it wrong, I don't have the issue right in front of me. The closest I can think of that being is Domino but I think she was confirmed alive until she died. Another seed of mystery planted or something to just be intriguing but never really followed up on? I hope it's the former.

I like Leah’s writing, will be interesting to see where this goes.
    I’m not convinced the artist is right for for this book.
    It’s nice to see Rachel and Lorna getting some love, it feels as though Lorna is being written as about the same age as the rest ir the cast, but I always think of her as being about the same age as Jean?
    The cast ages span a wide range and Lorna didnt seem off from where she should be relative to them.

Daken is the oldest being born in the mid 1940s
    Northstar - Probably same age as the O5. Lets say he's 28
    Lorna - She came across about the same age as Jean-Paul. 27
    Rachel - slightly younger by maybe 3-4 years, 23
    Prodigy - 19ish
    Eye-Boy - 17/18

The cast ages span a wide range and Lorna didnt seem off from where she should be relative to them.

Daken is the oldest being born in the mid 1940s
    Northstar - Probably same age as the O5. Lets say he's 28
    Lorna - She came across about the same age as Jean-Paul. 27
    Rachel - slightly younger by maybe 3-4 years, 23
    Prodigy - 19ish
    Eye-Boy - 17/18
    I suppose so, Marvel just does my head in, having a character from the 1960s be only 27.

I suppose so, Marvel just does my head in, having a character from the 1960s be only 27.
    Personally I see her as being 30 but Marvel wants to go with the O5 being in their late 20s so it is what it is

Check out Polaris and Rachel

Rachel's style in this issue gave me Haruka vibes
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-30-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Personally I see her as being 30 but Marvel wants to go with the O5 being in their late 20s so it is what it is

Huh. I can't unsee it now and I don't want to.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

This is a good take. The best take. Especially because I remember how the original English dub tried to say they were cousins to hide the lesbianism.

I thought the team came together in a way that made sense, especially compared to Excalibur.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Also... I enjoy Amazing Baby; however please lets give us a better name.
    How about Puppy X?

I love "Amazing Baby" because of how bad of a name it is.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I loved the issue, it wasn't great, it wasn't bad, but it was abnormal so yes I would place it in 8/10 ranks. Too many bubbles, it felt like I was reading a book (not that I mind all the information), but I think it could have been delivered in fewer bubbles and more like an email or message covering some of the stuff.

I also was left unsatisfied when they were explaining to the Quiet Council about what they found... I wanted to learn more, even though a few of the terms were a bit confusing for me (but note I was working at that time, so all that knowledge messed up with my work), so a bit more clarity would go a long way.

But all that investigation could have been wrapped up into an email to the Quiet Council and presented in fewer words, pointing only the important things and then getting to the point, by mentioning the email or something...

But that my personal opinion. I am happy to see Northstar, love that guy, especially since he is homosexual, Rachel is fine, the rest, I am honestly not familiar with them, but I will learn more as I go with the issues.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-30-2020 at 04:27 PM.

BANNED

Thought the story was fun and loved all the exposition. I like reading involved in my comics. The characters all meshed well and I thought them using their powers together worked well. Lots of nods to the continuity made it even more enjoyable. Another highlight was all the locations on Krakoa the team visited. I hope she keeps up with that. Leah's jokes as usual were cringe worthy but I can get past that. She needs some work, but she's better than she was in that terrible Age of X book (remember the cookie sheet joke that went on for like 3 pages and made no sense?)

I did NOT enjoy the art. All the faces look extremely stupid. Are they all confused 24/7? His choice in fashion if also unacceptable. Lorna's tacky beanie? Rachel's parachute pants? Prodigy's mid-drift baring shirt? BARF. Hopefully he's needed for more trash like Gwenpool and has to leave the book. Amazing Baby was also completely stupid. None of it was cute. Hopefully it's killed off or left in Mojo-World where it belongs.
    Last edited by PetPigeon; 07-30-2020 at 04:36 PM.