View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    It wasn't that good.
    I mean why this team was created?
    Since when a telepath cannot use a Cerebro to locate a mutant and see if he is dead or alive?
    And what about the membership? Daken joined the team because Aurora is hot. A guy who can see everything, a guy who knows everything, a telepath (in the same team) and they needed the dog to locate the dead body? Oh seriously?
    The writer has ideas, yeah but bad ideas! A comic complaining about bureaucracy in Krakoa. How boring concept.
    Where is the danger, where is the conflict?
    The art was pretty good although!
    Since forever? Just because Cerebro cant detect a mind, doesnt mean that person is dead. Anti-telepathy tech exists which would shield said mutant from a scan. They could also be off planet/universe which would prevent Cerebro from detecting them

Those characters' powers would not be useful in locating a dead corpse. Really only Daken as he has the same ability to smell as the warwolf.

Wasn’t impressed at all with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. It felt unnecesarily wordy, like modern Claremont
    Yeah exactly. It's the art too. I can't get over all the mousey/squirrel-y facial expressions. I'm trying to imagine the dialogue with a more noir-type art like Ryan Sook's run... or the great Alex Maleev. It would be so much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yeah exactly. It's the art too. I can't get over all the mousey/squirrel-y facial expressions. I'm trying to imagine the dialogue with a more noir-type art like Ryan Sook's run... or the great Alex Maleev. It would be so much improved.
    Same . The premise is good but I dont think a goofy tone fits a book thats meant to investigate murders and missing persons. It should be darker and Leah's comedic style does not fit that nor does the current artwork. Its hard to take this seriously bc I dont feel like the book was given the best tools to succeed

Is Rachel having Amazing Baby new?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Same . The premise is good but I dont think a goofy tone fits a book thats meant to investigate murders and missing persons. It should be darker and Leah's comedic style does not fit that nor does the current artwork. Its hard to take this seriously bc I dont feel like the book was given the best tools to succeed
    I will give credit that the art is quite good objectively. The background visuals are well thought out and even beautiful sometimes. It's just the tone that's a poor fit.

If the book could cut out the cutesy facial expressions, quit with the childish pet gags, and bring the coloring a little bit down from it's Saturday morning cartoon palette, I could get fully on board because I do like the group that's been brought together. There is a part of me that thinks that powerhouses like Rachel and Lorna should be doing different kinds of missions for Krakoa, but at least they'll get some development here.

All-New Member

Yeah, kinda expected Prodigy to interact with Elixir more, but we got to wait and see. Does he have his knowledge now or did he forget it after being ressurected, how did he die exactly? So many questions, so little answers...

I mean it was an okay first issue, I dislike Northstar but the rest I'm looking forward to seeing.
    Lorna getting spotlight is nice..

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is Rachel having Amazing Baby new?
    She was given Amazing Baby by Betsy over in Excalibur when he was super tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1 View Post
    Yeah, kinda expected Prodigy to interact with Elixir more, but we got to wait and see. Does he have his knowledge now or did he forget it after being ressurected, how did he die exactly? So many questions, so little answers...
    Leah: David does have his powers back but the how and why is a hUGE story line so I’m gonna ask for everyone’s patience while we get there!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    It wasn't that good.
    I mean why this team was created?
    Since when a telepath cannot use a Cerebro to locate a mutant and see if he is dead or alive?
    And what about the membership? Daken joined the team because Aurora is hot. A guy who can see everything, a guy who knows everything, a telepath (in the same team) and they needed the dog to locate the dead body? Oh seriously?
    The writer has ideas, yeah but bad ideas! A comic complaining about bureaucracy in Krakoa. How boring concept.
    Where is the danger, where is the conflict?
    The art was pretty good although!
    In it's defense a lot of the other DoX teams have even less reason to be created. Excalibur really only needs Betsy and Apocalypse; New Mutants seems to be doing the same thing as Marauders but without the drugs and with less success; and Hellions (while entertaining) doesn't actually make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy1 View Post
    Xavier uploaded all his backed up memories into the new body so he should have all that knowledge

Did anyone catch that Wolverine (I think) cameo? He's just chillin (maybe naked haha) in the forefront while Lorna and Krakoa build the "Boneyard"

Fantastic Member

I loved this book!!!! easily one of the best x-books out there now. Rachel using her chronology skimming powers in more defined parameters was awesome. her one-panel scene with hop was awesome! would love to see them interact more and talk about cable. no wonder she doesn't come to the summers dinner parties - must be awkward with Wifi around and I'm sure she has a bunch of unresolved feelings about that.

interesting how the "hows" and "whys" of everything gets more dialog time. it's an interesting writing focus. like, they detailed out operational and workflow issues, that is only really ever heard in corporate speak, and the rationale of why the team was needed got a lot of discussion for it. not that I mind reading about that minutia, its just in comics the minutia is usually focused on dialoging out strategies and battle plans, not workflow and project roles.

does anyone know what prodigy's mid- rift crop top says?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I thought this was great, the best issue of the day for sure. Everyone had tons of personality, the premise is interesting, and there was a good balance of humor and serious moments. Rachel is still sticking with the Prestige code name, ew. Polaris had some great moments. Amazing Baby is a little fetch, I could do with less of that.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    does anyone know what prodigy's mid- rift crop top says?
    "CK", apparently Calvin Klein is a mutant.