View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I really liked this! Excited to read more. Seems like it'll do good things for Polaris especially. I also loved Rachel using the chronoskimming power. Still wish they'd rename her Starchilde though, Prestige is so generic and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    I loved this book!!!! easily one of the best x-books out there now. Rachel using her chronology skimming powers in more defined parameters was awesome. her one-panel scene with hop was awesome! would love to see them interact more and talk about cable. no wonder she doesn't come to the summers dinner parties - must be awkward with Wifi around and I'm sure she has a bunch of unresolved feelings about that.

interesting how the "hows" and "whys" of everything gets more dialog time. it's an interesting writing focus. like, they detailed out operational and workflow issues, that is only really ever heard in corporate speak, and the rationale of why the team was needed got a lot of discussion for it. not that I mind reading about that minutia, its just in comics the minutia is usually focused on dialoging out strategies and battle plans, not workflow and project roles.

does anyone know what prodigy's mid- rift crop top says?
    This is the one time where some data pages could have helped with the how’s and why’s. Funny, cause I usually hate those things.

Also
    -Prodigy's friggin' shirt

Yes i love this, c'mon marvel start selling Krakoa merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Did anyone catch that Wolverine (I think) cameo? He's just chillin (maybe naked haha) in the forefront while Lorna and Krakoa build the "Boneyard"
    Yup, I figured it was him too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Get rid of Amazing Baby and this book will be great. That was my only complaint. I liked Daken wanting to be included and show his value.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope and Rachel notoriously have not had any meaningful interaction on panel despite being family. This was a nod to establish that they have a relationship off panel
    They have notoriously NEVER had interaction on panel. the one time they had any conversation or interacted ended up being retconned into Xavier not Hope during AvX. So after almost a decade they are interacting.

I loved this book. Daken was a surprise hit for me, and I am excited to see where this goes. I loved the Lorna and Krakoa bit, and even her saying she needs to figure things out more. No surprise I really enjoyed Rachel's portrayal. Honestly she hasn't been well written since Cullen Bunn, and that was a mini crossover. Since most people forget, and there was a moratorium on her using her time powers by editors, explaining her chronoskimming abilities was important.

But I do agree it was text heavy but I didn't mind as much seeing it's the first book and they are trying to establish things in the first issue vs dragging this out over 2-3.

When did Hope get Crystal hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They have notoriously NEVER had interaction on panel. the one time they had any conversation or interacted ended up being retconned into Xavier not Hope during AvX. So after almost a decade they are interacting..
    Again thats not true. They interacted in Jean Grey's solo

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Love this issue my favourite parts were Polaris bonding with Krakoa, the team getting together and Lorna´s talk with Magneto. The existence of this team is justified and their personalities make for an interesting read.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

So I had to read the book twice to decide that I liked it. Overall the exposition was a lot in some places to wade through and the art was so-so in most areas...but having said that, what I really appreciated and liked:

-Lorna was written well, imo. And her collab with Krakoa to build the tower...the design for the tower outside and inside were well rendered
    -we are given an explanation for the team to exist and it made sense
    -we are given (thanks to Forge et al) an explanation for a process for activating the team
    -a scene in Belling-frickin’-ham!!!
    -and a scene on Deception Pass!!! (The vantage point, the bridge, the cliffs and being in the environs of Bellingham area make me think that it is Deception Pass)

The rest of the characters outside of Lorna are ‘meh’ so far (to me), bu I am interested enough to come back and see where this is all heading.

Belling-frickin-ham *shakes head with a wry smile*
    Last edited by orionblue; 07-29-2020 at 04:05 PM.

One of the best DoX #1s and certainly an important series.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I thought this issue was decent for no more than the shifting character perspectives and I get what Leah is going for unfortunately, sometimes her writing style gets in her own way exposition wise. I like what she's doing for the cast I feel everyone has a distinct and unique placement on the team. Their future interactions with the five should be stupendous and a fresh take on how the Resurrection Protocols affects them and the people they interact with.

Highlights for me were pretty much everyone, personally I Iong for the return of meaningful conversations and disagreements among more than just the select few and even with them often times its superficial. Very rarely do writers engage their entire cast especially in ensembles, but that's where my praise stops.

Leah also has a few unfavorable writing tics of inserting characterizations based on her perspective rather than the state of the characters. I love what she's presented but she desperately needs an editor or co-writer capable of consolidating her narratives. While also progressing those nice nuggets of character moments.

I feel unfortunately readers could easily toon out as the story beats are an odd juxtaposition that doesn't always lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hope's her niece and I'm assuming that the Summers Family have dinners that she chooses not to go to most of the time, perhaps due to Kid Cable being there, perhaps due to Jean Grey failing to save Big Nate in Disassembled, perhaps due to Cyclops not getting over her shooting him in the brain.
    Thank you so she was referring to the summers family and their refuge on the moon.

Well Krakoa is a new beginning but I understand why she feels uncomfortable.

Picked the wrong poll. Haha. Of course I’m going to continue reading. But I didn’t really like this issue. Should have read the whole polling option.

Fantastic Member

art is ok but the coloring is way too orange

Read it. Liked it. The art took some getting used to, but I got used to it by the end. I did enjoy that the characters didn’t all “sound” the same. There could have been less discussion about people’s sexuality (seriously, we get it, let’s move on), but unlike others who didn’t like it, I rather enjoyed the old school exposition dialogue. It made the book take longer to read like it was from the 70’s or 80’s. Only thing I did NOT like... “Amazing Baby” is a STUPID name.