View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hope's her niece and I'm assuming that the Summers Family have dinners that she chooses not to go to most of the time, perhaps due to Kid Cable being there, perhaps due to Jean Grey failing to save Big Nate in Disassembled, perhaps due to Cyclops not getting over her shooting him in the brain.
    Or she simply has not the time with the Five being a lot of work.

Loved the issue.
    Daken having to say he can follow a scent too was one of the many fun scenes.
    Liked that the issue put some spotlight on the five and the pressure they are under. And if they show up reg. in this series I will not complain.
    The cast is great and can't wait for more.

Incredible Member

A lot of exposition but did a very good job for a first issue - established the team, the why and the how. Think it's a pivotal book (concept) in this Krakoa era and fits right in with the likes of X-Force. Wishing it as much success as the latter.

Liked the Emma and Magneto dialogue. Very true to form.

Can't say whether Leah got the voices of the team as I don't really have a connection to them, save Daken, but thought they were written ok. That said, Rachel did sound almost...robotic(?) at times. Is this in character/how she is?

The Art... While personal preference is for less "cartoony", it didn't distract from the story telling. That said, I absolutely abhor Daken's new look/build. He's always been lithe and stylish which IMO is a key part of his charm. Want him to be killed off (I know, healing factor) and brought back in his original form. He can keep the hair...

Overall - quite enjoyed the book and will be reading more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So Aurora really died via something as mundane as a car accident by manipulated breaks?

As with X-force, it feels like everyone among the X-men has turned into Kenny McCormick from South Park now.
    Things they would have previously survived by luck or skill with a few scratches are now deadly. Because death itself is now officialy an inconvinience for them.
    Yes this! I don't know if they're going to explain that Aurora was drugged or something, but come on! She's been a superhero for a long time and she can't get herself out of a situation like that?? Her powers include super speed and reflexes. And she can literally run on water!! And fly!

They need to stop being so flippant with death. All these characters that have never had a comic book death are all of a sudden just biting it during random missions.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed the first X-Factor issue. I think Leah has a nice grasp on most of the characters, although I must say I didn't much care for her take on Daken and don't think he works well in a comedy setting.

The last few pages do a decent job explaining why this team and book exist, however how the team actually comes together is annoyingly random. It's basically the same way Excalibur came together, ie whoever happened to be there when we opened that portal/launched into battle/had that conversation at the bar, etc.

But it was definitely a good, solid first issue - not a fan lf David Baldeon's art but I do like the new costume designs (I wonder when they'll debut?)

"Disaster bi", "distinguished bi", "can you describe my personality" don't sound like words people would actually use in real life, it really takes me out of the story. Also Daken looks like a monster who ate Daken. Other than that, not a bad start.

Ultimate Member

Did not like the art. But, as with the recent Domino series I thoroughly enjoyed, I can get past it.

Magneto is the most awesome self-absorbed jerk-dad ever. "Why aren't you in charge? You're *my daughter,* that comes with certain expectations! This reflects badly on me! Wah!" And the lampshade-hanging on 'describe my personality, dad.' 'Uh...' 'Yeah, I thought so.' (Both in-story suggesting that Magneto doesn't spend a whole lot of his inner life thinking about other people and also meta suggesting that Lorna's characterization over the years has been... inconsistent.)

Liked Lorna and Krakoa having a moment. "Hey, remember that time I shot you off into space? Good times. Wait, perhaps I shouldn't have led with that... Come back!"

Northstar couldn't come out and say 'depraved bisexual' or 'predatory omnisexual' or whatever the hell Daken is, but calling him a disaster certainly sums up why he wouldn't want him around, and actively shut the door in his face when he started to chat up Kyle. Daken needs a real name, tho. Isn't 'Daken' a slur of some sort, and not a real name?

I'm not even a fan of half these people (and actively don't care for Eye Boy or Daken), but this has been the most fun since the recent New Mutants bits with the original New Mutants in space, narrated by Sunspot, which makes it a huge surprise to me, and looks like it's going to stay on my pull list.

Mighty Member

This was an amazing first issue. It was packed with many power display and dialogues. Their powers worked well together.

The only thing is why they do they need an 'alien dog' when they already have Daken with tracking abilities? I would have prefer a better artist too.

Amazing Member

Has anyone fully translated the krakoan text on the x-factor flier near the beginning of the issue? Would be appreciated if it could be shared...

Quote Originally Posted by IamGroot View Post
    Has anyone fully translated the krakoan text on the x-factor flier near the beginning of the issue? Would be appreciated if it could be shared...
    It's just the same English text as above in Krakoan.

Amazing Member

oh cool, thanks! the wall of text was just too intimidating to start translating haha

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yes this! I don't know if they're going to explain that Aurora was drugged or something, but come on! She's been a superhero for a long time and she can't get herself out of a situation like that?? Her powers include super speed and reflexes. And she can literally run on water!! And fly!

They need to stop being so flippant with death. All these characters that have never had a comic book death are all of a sudden just biting it during random missions.
    Haha, yeah, like Quire suddenly dying everytime he steps out of the front door. I can buy a bog standard flier not having time to take off a seatbelt, open a car door and get out during the three seconds or whatever the car'd be falling, but add superspeed and it doesn't quite add up. Got to wonder why she was even driving in the first place - is this another part of the mystery?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    "Disaster bi", "distinguished bi", "can you describe my personality" don't sound like words people would actually use in real life, it really takes me out of the story.
    those phrases (very similar) are definitely in rotation
    GrindrStone(D)

Immortality is like healing factor.

Almost nothing could hurt Hulk before Peter David came up with the fact he has a healing factor. Now everybody can blow holes through him.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    "Disaster bi", "distinguished bi", "can you describe my personality" don't sound like words people would actually use in real life, it really takes me out of the story. Also Daken looks like a monster who ate Daken. Other than that, not a bad start.
    Hmm... Should I take it that you believe Lorna is an active bisexual?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-30-2020 at 03:35 AM.

"disaster bi" is a bit of a Tumblr speak but I've seen people say it in real life, so it's not that strange either.