Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Majin Buu vs Justice League

And I mean the core members; Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern.

Buu starts out as the fat version, but under the right circumstances, can change into Super Buu and even Kid Buu. And he can absorb.

I don't think he has the feats to prevent a psychic mind whammy or speed stealing.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I don't think he has the feats to prevent a psychic mind whammy or speed stealing.
    Hard to say on the psychic mind whammy, as Babidi, a sorcerer that could control people through their minds, only controlled Buu through threat of sealing him back up. And does speed stealing work on magic based beings? Serious question.

Astonishing Member

If this is in the arena, can Buu handle an FTL ring toss? I don't think his response speed is that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Hard to say on the psychic mind whammy, as Babidi, a sorcerer that could control people through their minds, only controlled Buu through threat of sealing him back up. And does speed stealing work on magic based beings? Serious question.
    Well, there are psychic attacks and then there are PSYCHIC attacks. I don't think Babidi has feats that are anywhere close to J'onn.

Also, magical origins shouldn't affect speed steal much if at all. Only time based powers seemed to nullify speed steal shenanigans.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If this is in the arena, can Buu handle an FTL ring toss? I don't think his response speed is that fast.
    He can teleport right back.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He can teleport right back.
    Well, Kid Buu could. I don't think the others figured out IT.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well, there are psychic attacks and then there are PSYCHIC attacks. I don't think Babidi has feats that are anywhere close to J'onn.

Also, magical origins shouldn't affect speed steal much if at all. Only time based powers seemed to nullify speed steal shenanigans.
    Yeah, Babidi's best psychic feats include messing with people on the other side of the planet. Current J'onn casually reads the minds of the entire planet, and polls the global populace for a popularity contest while fleeing from a cosmic god psychic and putting his mind into Planck Time. Dragonball still hasn't tapped into that level of psychic power, which is frankly a little weird by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well, Kid Buu could. I don't think the others figured out IT.
    Well yeah, but since OP said Mr.Buu can transform into Super or Kid Buu, I figured that would mean instantly.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, Babidi's best psychic feats include messing with people on the other side of the planet. Current J'onn casually reads the minds of the entire planet, and polls the global populace for a popularity contest while fleeing from a cosmic god psychic and putting his mind into Planck Time. Dragonball still hasn't tapped into that level of psychic power, which is frankly a little weird by now.
    IIRC, Babidi did stuff like projecting ultimatums and showing fights to everyone on the planet and passively scanning the entire planet so that he could detect and contact any normal person who was trying to get his attention (to give him the information that was the subject of the aforementioned ultimatum) and then blow up their head for giggles afterwards. Not on the same tier as J'onn's, but still pretty impressive and done with no apparent strain on his part.

Also, the Majin Mark send to be powerful enough to perfectly control a Cell level being and make Vegeta (who is all about willpower) have to put a lot of effort into breaking the control it had over him, but does absolutely nothing to Buu, for what that's worth.

Also, the Planck Time feat seems a few dozen orders of magnitude beyond any reflex feats he had ever had, unless he explicitly got some major "Wally West is a slug going backwards through molasses in a time freeze" level speed boosts.

The generic DB resistance to esoteric effects from beings weaker than you may help with Speed Stealing since it has been shown to explicitly help with resisting/breaking through both general timestops and having one's personal time be stopped/slowed.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-30-2020 at 01:12 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I would personally give Buu the ability to somewhat resist or outright shrug the mindwhammy, just based on his ability to ignore Majin control. DB esoteric resistances are often based on the relative powerlevel of participants AND shown resistance, and Buu is individually much more powerful than the members of the JL who bring esoterics to the table.

I would also say he should have SOME resistance to speed force nonsense: high-strength DB people have shown the ability to power straight through time shenanigans. Buuuuuut (not Buu) there is a definite limit, and, while Hit's time games are much more precise and impressive than Flash-people's general stuff, the two guys who muscle through those games are WAY beyond any Z-era form of Buu. So if this were post-crisis SpeedGod Wally, he ought to be able to speed steal Buu enough to 10 count him, but, AFAIK, that's not current Flash, so Buu might be able to muscle through what exists currently.

Of course, the elephant in the Arena is current Superman, who is likely somewhat more powerful than Z-era Buu, and might be fast enough not to get hit. If he maxes out HV on Buu and holds it, that should be a 10-count. If his HV is on the level of the rest of his power, it should be in the multi-planet annihilating range, and that should turn Buu into atoms. Sure, he'll heal, but not as long as Supes just keeps taht pressure on him. Someone like The Dork Knight is likely to be better able to enumerate the feats in question.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Freeze breath would also come in handy. Break him apart with the fists and then seal the pieces away from each other. He could at least buy time doing that and for green lantern to reinforce those prisons.

So if this were post-crisis SpeedGod Wally, he ought to be able to speed steal Buu enough to 10 count him, but, AFAIK, that's not current Flash,
    This is current Flash, along with Barry. If anything they've both gotten faster and more powerful

Although depends on absolutely current current Flash if you count the events in Death Metal, which are definitely happening but as a separate event thing while solo comics follow do their own thing

And also the fact that Barry is default Flash on the JL these days

Speed Force is not Time. DBZ people can fudge with Time but SF is not that at all.

It is the connection to the aspect of reality that dedicates kinetic forces. Speed itself, never mentioned in DB. So, Mahon gets no pass against a speed steal in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I would personally give Buu the ability to somewhat resist or outright shrug the mindwhammy, just based on his ability to ignore Majin control. DB esoteric resistances are often based on the relative powerlevel of participants AND shown resistance, and Buu is individually much more powerful than the members of the JL who bring esoterics to the table.

I would also say he should have SOME resistance to speed force nonsense: high-strength DB people have shown the ability to power straight through time shenanigans. Buuuuuut (not Buu) there is a definite limit, and, while Hit's time games are much more precise and impressive than Flash-people's general stuff, the two guys who muscle through those games are WAY beyond any Z-era form of Buu. So if this were post-crisis SpeedGod Wally, he ought to be able to speed steal Buu enough to 10 count him, but, AFAIK, that's not current Flash, so Buu might be able to muscle through what exists currently.

Of course, the elephant in the Arena is current Superman, who is likely somewhat more powerful than Z-era Buu, and might be fast enough not to get hit. If he maxes out HV on Buu and holds it, that should be a 10-count. If his HV is on the level of the rest of his power, it should be in the multi-planet annihilating range, and that should turn Buu into atoms. Sure, he'll heal, but not as long as Supes just keeps taht pressure on him. Someone like The Dork Knight is likely to be better able to enumerate the feats in question.
    Even if Buu gets hit, he can form himself into multiple, if smaller, versions of himself. As what happened in his fight against SSJ3 Goku. Plus there's also Buu's kind of trump card (besides seemingly being able to copy almost any ability he sees); his magic powers. Either concentrated (like when he turned Dabura, a being on par with Perfect Cell) into a cookie with ease (and ate him), or widespread when he turned an entire city of people into candy and gobbled them up (after levitating them).