Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm not going to get involved with a DBZ speed breakdown because I value my mental health in these trying times.

Just to want to flag this;

"A second or two," is a bit of funny term to use here and, honestly, you should provide more information. Mostly because it takes light 1.2 seconds to go from Earth's surface to the moon. If it's "one second," you are claiming ki beams are faster than light. If it's "two seconds," you are claiming they are significantly slower than light.

Clarity would probably help here.
    That was the point. We don't know, but somewhere in that range(slightly below or above) is generally where they would be prior to Super, id say. All we have is that they are allegedly faster than lightning. So their ki blasts taking a second or 2 would make sense for those that are somewhere in between the speed of lightning and the speed of light.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    That was the point. We don't know, but somewhere in that range(slightly below or above) is generally where they would be prior to Super, id say. All we have is that they are allegedly faster than lightning. So their ki blasts taking a second or 2 would make sense for those that are somewhere in between the speed of lightning and the speed of light.
    There is a vast difference between the speed of light and lightening.

I don't know much about Buu but current Superman is significantly faster than light in combat speed. Here he blitzes an entire Dominator armada from Saturn when the armada was near Earth (Distance given is 746 million miles).

For flight speed, he is significantly faster than he was in post Crisis, here he is teleported across galaxy and returns to Earth within 8 minutes and strategies with Young Justice within that 8 minute.

https://postimg.cc/fVqWrYW0
    https://postimg.cc/f33Wnkkq

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    As Slade1 notes; lightning, which can vary in speed as it happens, is generally an awful lot slower than light itself. Doing some basic calculations, lightning usually clocks in at around 6% of actual lightspeed.

Being "allegedly faster than lightning," does not put you anywhere near the same ballpark as significant fractions of lightspeed. You could be five times the speed of lightning and you wouldn't be half as fast as light.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    I don't know much about Buu but current Superman is significantly faster than light in combat speed. Here he blitzes an entire Dominator armada from Saturn when the armada was near Earth (Distance given is 746 million miles).

For flight speed, he is significantly faster than he was in post Crisis, here he is teleported across galaxy and returns to Earth within 8 minutes and strategies with Young Justice within that 8 minute.

To be fair, neither of those feats require anything near lightspeed reflexes, only reflexes fast enough to blitz the spaceship crew without overshooting, and reflexes needed to not overshoot Earth.

For what it's worth, Mystic Buu seemed to think that he would be able to follow Goku to anyplace in the universe that he tried to hide before Buu figured out how to teleport later on. Also, manga Jiren was introduced flying in from another star system of unknown distance very soon after the people around on the scene were talking about how it was unlikely that he would be coming to that fight because he was currently in said other star system. Granted, Jiren is way out of Buu's league, but it's one of the few examples of concrete long distance Massively FTL travel speed. Oh, and Beerus' and Champa's fight involved them casually zipping between planets.

This isn't a combat feat or at least not at the scale you're claiming it is. Superman is 746 million miles away from Earth, because that's the distance to Saturn. He then turns and sees the Dominator Fleet and they see him coming toward them from the vicinity of Saturn on their screen. He's not travelling 746 million miles to hit them, they are there with him. He then returns to Earth over a nondescript timespan in the final panel.

I'll also note, Dominators are flying after him and shooting at him in flight in the combat panel so it's not like he's blitzing the fleet before they can react.

Again, looking at the art, we can quite clearly see what I think are Earth and Mars in the panel where Superman is teleported and he flies towards the blue planet at the top of the second page, strongly supporting that assumption. This would put him, a bit beyond Mars orbit so somewhere in the region of 140 million miles from earth. If he did in something under 8 minutes then he's a bit above lightspeed but not massively so.

As Slade1 notes; lightning, which can vary in speed as it happens, is generally an awful lot slower than light itself. Doing some basic calculations, lightning usually clocks in at around 6% of actual lightspeed.

Being "allegedly faster than lightning," does not put you anywhere near the same ballpark as significant fractions of lightspeed. You could be five times the speed of lightning and you wouldn't be half as fast as light.
    I know this, but may not have explained it properly, sorry. I mentioned they move so fast that even someone faster than the guy who was allegedly faster than lightning could not see them. And that the speed of lightning thing occurred pretty early in the series, and that they get much faster than that till the end of the Namek saga, where you have had a few more bumps in speed before a big transformation where things kinda come to a halt in terms of a large increase in speed until Super.

Popo is allegedly faster than lightning, and is dwarfed in speed by a teen Goku and Piccolo, who are dwarfed in speed by a Kaioken using late Saiyan saga Goku, who is dwarfed in speed by Burter, who is dwarfed in speed by early Namek Saga Goku, who is dwarfed in speed by 2nd-4th form Frieza, and is then dwarfed in speed by late Namek SSJ Goku. That's the scaling from there. Then there's reacting to blasts that go from surface level to outside of the atmosphere almost instantly to top it off.

The gap between lightning and light is rather large, but so is the gap between Popo and SSJ Goku. Which is why I used it as a form of range between the two.
    Last edited by Cody; 08-03-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, neither of those feats require anything near lightspeed reflexes, only reflexes fast enough to blitz the spaceship crew without overshooting, and reflexes needed to not overshoot Earth.

For what it's worth, Mystic Buu seemed to think that he would be able to follow Goku to anyplace in the universe that he tried to hide before Buu figured out how to teleport later on. Also, manga Jiren was introduced flying in from another star system of unknown distance very soon after the people around on the scene were talking about how it was unlikely that he would be coming to that fight because he was currently in said other star system. Granted, Jiren is way out of Buu's league, but it's one of the few examples of concrete long distance Massively FTL travel speed. Oh, and Beerus' and Champa's fight involved them casually zipping between planets.
    And don't forget that time in the anime with Beerus flying through space to an unknown planet while looking for Whis. Took him a few mins.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

This isn't a combat feat or at least not at the scale you're claiming it is. Superman is 746 million miles away from Earth, because that's the distance to Saturn. He then turns and sees the Dominator Fleet and they see him coming toward them from the vicinity of Saturn on their screen. He's not travelling 746 million miles to hit them, they are there with him. He then returns to Earth over a nondescript timespan in the final panel.

I'll also note, Dominators are flying after him and shooting at him in flight in the combat panel so it's not like he's blitzing the fleet before they can react.
    That's a little far fetched. Superman says its 746 million miles (you can draw a straight line from where he is) and that Dominator armada was right at Earth.

Again, looking at the art, we can quite clearly see what I think are Earth and Mars in the panel where Superman is teleported and he flies towards the blue planet at the top of the second page, strongly supporting that assumption. This would put him, a bit beyond Mars orbit so somewhere in the region of 140 million miles from earth. If he did in something under 8 minutes then he's a bit above lightspeed but not massively so.
    Again Superman straight up says he was teleported across galaxy, not solar system and we see him reaching near Earth after that. A little far fetched again.

That's a little far fetched. Superman says its 746 million miles (you can draw a straight line from where he is) and that Dominator armada was right at Earth.
    Far fetched? It's literally what is shown in the art.

Show me in the art where you see the Dominators being shown at Earth?

Because I see, clearly depicted, the Dominators seeing Superman coming at them with /Saturn in the background/ implying they are near to Saturn which is not near Earth.

Superman literally says "The Dominators will wonder how their invasion of Earth got thwarted before they even got near it" Emphasis added on the important bit there. He fights them 746 million miles away from Earth and then flies home under an unknown timespan.

Again Superman straight up says he was teleported across galaxy, not solar system and we see him reaching near Earth after that. A little far fetched again.
    Once again, look at the art on the pages shown.

When Superman exits the portal on the first page, two planets are shown being relatively close by to him. One drawn to look like Earth, the other to look like Mars. The Mars looking planet is depicted as closer than the Earth-looking one.

At the top of the next page, we see him fly past the red planet and curve in towards the blue, Earth-looking planet. The next panel on that page has him entering Earth's atmosphere and arriving on the surface. Almost like the images are meant to be read sequentially like... y'know, a comic.

Just because Superman's internal monologue got a bit flower-y means you get to ignore what is clearly shown in the art.

But he (and Wonder Woman) are not fast enough to stop Harley Quinn from taking Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, putting it on Batman, getting him to tell her where he keeps the Kryptonite on him, and getting ahold of said Kryptonite so that she can use it to escape Supes.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    But he (and Wonder Woman) are not fast enough to stop Harley Quinn from taking Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, putting it on Batman, getting him to tell her where he keeps the Kryptonite on him, and getting ahold of said Kryptonite so that she can use it to escape Supes.
    That was a dumpster fire of bad story telling and you know it.

Superfan90, you have consistently been misrepresenting scans and claiming they prove things the do not, as demonstrated in this thread and others. Do not post on this thread again. This is your warning. Any further violations of the rules and standards of Rumbles could result in loss of posting ability to this Board.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Do any of those people have any sort of relevant esoteric resistance?
    If relevant/valid for eras discussed here, off the top of my head Black Adam surviving tesseract opening in brain. and Superman surviving planetary level transmutating cosmic waving, have been trotted out before here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    If relevant/valid for eras discussed here, off the top of my head Black Adam surviving tesseract opening in brain. and Superman surviving planetary level transmutating cosmic waving, have been trotted out before here.
    Superman is resistant to transmutation now?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral