BANNED

Default Valve's The International in ESPN.

Does anybody know when this airs?

I'm really interested to see how they are going to pull this off. In my experience, through Poker, I expect the casters to simplify the game to the benefit of the not so savvy audience (and at the same time to create outsider interest in the game), the same way The World Series of Poker ESPN anouncers do so when compared to the ones payed by Pokerstar.tv for the World Championship of Online Poker or the European Poker Tour broadcasts. The PS.tv's audience is Niche hardcore poker fans, while ESPN goes for the broader casual market. My only question is how are they going to make such a complicated game casual friendly while at the same time not dumbing it down too much for the hardcores.

The International 4 was last month and was broadcast on ESPN's streaming platform ESPN3.com. I believe you can search there website and find VODs of it. I know they also aired a half hour recap show last month the night before the Finals on ESPN2. I haven't heard of any plans to rebroadcast the event for TV at this time.
    Last edited by Dbot1800; 08-14-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarity

BANNED

Damn, too bad I missed it, how was it?