https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...-line-in-2021/

Dark Nights: Death Metal is Scott Snyder's biggest project yet in his 10 years at DC, but it will also be his last big superhero project with DC for a while.

"I'm not leaving superheroes, but I need to start working on more of my own stuff," Snyder tells Newsarama. "I'm still doing stuff at DC, but definitely not as much. I want to give other people a chance with the big stuff at DC. And to be perfectly frank, there's a lot I want to do outside of superhero comics."

For the past 10 years, Snyder has arguably been DC's top writer - writing its flagship title Batman from 2011 to 2016, several spin-offs, as well as two years on the Justice League title. He's also written two major DC events - Dark Nights: Metal, and the current sequel Dark Nights: Death Metal.

(Image credit: Francesco Francavilla)
Snyder's exclusive contract with DC ended in 2019, and he's now looking more towards creator-owned work such as his recently-launched series Undiscovered Country at Image Comics. Snyder has also spoken about a creator-owned project with his 'Black Mirror' collaborator Francesco Francavilla and has teased a return to Wytches with his other 'Black Mirror' partner, Jock.
More at link. Basically sounds like he won’t be leaving DC entirely, and he may even still do a Post Death Metal ongoing for them, but it won’t be on any of the big characters. He’s still got that Nightwing Black Label project he wants to do for example. I think we can rule out the rumor of Snyder doing JSA as well.