Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Scott Snyder Stepping Away From DC’s Central Line

https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...-line-in-2021/

Dark Nights: Death Metal is Scott Snyder's biggest project yet in his 10 years at DC, but it will also be his last big superhero project with DC for a while.

"I'm not leaving superheroes, but I need to start working on more of my own stuff," Snyder tells Newsarama. "I'm still doing stuff at DC, but definitely not as much. I want to give other people a chance with the big stuff at DC. And to be perfectly frank, there's a lot I want to do outside of superhero comics."

For the past 10 years, Snyder has arguably been DC's top writer - writing its flagship title Batman from 2011 to 2016, several spin-offs, as well as two years on the Justice League title. He's also written two major DC events - Dark Nights: Metal, and the current sequel Dark Nights: Death Metal.

(Image credit: Francesco Francavilla)
    Snyder's exclusive contract with DC ended in 2019, and he's now looking more towards creator-owned work such as his recently-launched series Undiscovered Country at Image Comics. Snyder has also spoken about a creator-owned project with his 'Black Mirror' collaborator Francesco Francavilla and has teased a return to Wytches with his other 'Black Mirror' partner, Jock.
    More at link. Basically sounds like he won’t be leaving DC entirely, and he may even still do a Post Death Metal ongoing for them, but it won’t be on any of the big characters. He’s still got that Nightwing Black Label project he wants to do for example. I think we can rule out the rumor of Snyder doing JSA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...-line-in-2021/

More at link. Basically sounds like he won’t be leaving DC entirely, and he may even still do a Post Death Metal ongoing for them, but it won’t be on any of the big characters. He’s still got that Nightwing Black Label project he wants to do for example. I think we can rule out the rumor of Snyder doing JSA as well.
    Well damn. Boy DC’s talent pool is becoming pathetic.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Considering what I've seen of Metal and Death Metal, him stepping away is a good thing. Maybe he can take Batman Who Laughs and Perpetua with him.

Snyder is a good writer, but I usually don't like his take on the characters I actually read, so I only see his work on the bif events he does. But American Vampire is awesome.

So I think Taylor secret project may very well be JSA, if Snyder isn't doing it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Snyder is a good writer, but I usually don't like his take on the characters I actually read, so I only see his work on the bif events he does. But American Vampire is awesome.

So I think Taylor secret project may very well be JSA, if Snyder isn't doing it.
    Tom Taylor's secret book is apparently a digital weekly book like injustice/dceased so I wouldn't expect it to be something like JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yep, this upcoming relaunch better be bringing in new talent. DC has good writers but they need a lot more. They better give Ram V a big book, dude is killing it on JLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tom Taylor's secret book is apparently a digital weekly book like injustice/dceased so I wouldn't expect it to be something like JSA.
    Where’d you hear that? Bleeding Cool?

I think that's disrespectful to the current writers and artists currently at DC. I may not always be happy with the writing or story direction but there are some truly talented and passionate people working at DC right now, even if they are not "names."

I was thinking it might be the JSA too.

Considering the cluster**ck Earth 2 was under Taylor, this fills me with dread.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yep, this upcoming relaunch better be bringing in new talent. DC has good writers but they need a lot more. They better give Ram V a big book, dude is killing it on JLD.

The editor for the book said on twitter it's coming sooner than you think and the teaser he posted yesterday is formatted like DC's digital titles like batman beyond 2.0/injustice etc.

God, I hope not given Wonder Woman's rumored to be involved in that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Considering the cluster**ck Earth 2 was under Taylor, this fills me with dread.
    It might be ok, if he was forbidden from using Batman or Superman. Otherwise he’ll make it revolve around them. His Earth 2 was pretty awful though, gotta agree there.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I hope Ram V sticks on JLD for a LONG time. He is the perfect pick for that series. A little bit of horror and a whole lot of action.

Also on topic, I like Snyder's work. He is a talented man. I'm glad he will be doing his own thing and a bit at DC.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ultimate Member

DC (and Marvel) have TRIED to bring in new talent.

Excluding the behavior of editors, Dan and management-what did we see?

Pure DISRESPECT to many of those folks-before a single preview or even solicitation went up.

Especially to certain demographics. Led by the usual suspects.

Meanwhile the fanboy tears about how bad Tom Taylor, Snyder, Liefield, Bendis, Tynion, Jurgens, Abnett and ESPECIALLY Robert Vendetti & Scott Lobdell are. Yet it's books with them that are moving copies. So DC has no choice but to keep giving them work and burning them out.

They are not getting folks off the street with no experience. Gene Luen Yang has a resume. So does Hope Larson and everyone else fans have disrespected for existing.

Fans have to give new blood SHOT or do fans want every book by Bendis in the next few years?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

There's plenty of talented writers and artists working at DC.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Was kind of hoping he was going to do something random like an ALAN SCOTT book or something, but I'll be interested to see what his next non-DC project will be!