Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't understand why everyone in that story kept mentioning how much they hated Bucky.
    I'm guessing it was for the sake of ironic comedy. Besides, according to that one issue of Marvel Team-Up back in the 2000s, everyone secretly hates Spider-Man, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm guessing it was for the sake of ironic comedy. Besides, according to that one issue of Marvel Team-Up back in the 2000s, everyone secretly hates Spider-Man, so . . .
    How could you not?, the dude is disgusting letting his sticky webs all around New York, sure they go away in a hour, but do you know how grosd is too see it around jeez..
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well, subsequent interactions between Spidey and other heroes kind of supported that...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, subsequent interactions between Spidey and other heroes kind of supported that...
    nah people like spidey he annoys at times, but he wins most of them over.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    nah people like spidey he annoys at times, but he wins most of them over.
    I agree. Spider-man is the only guy who is liked by all the marvel heroes. Some might find him a little annoing, but not to the point that they hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    I agree. Spider-man is the only guy who is liked by all the marvel heroes. Some might find him a little annoing, but not to the point that they hate him.
    I think the heroes who don't really know him don't necessarily like or respect him. But for those that do, I honestly believe he's one of the most respected heroes short of Steve.

Pretty much. Apparently, that was enough to shatter Thor's faith in himself, which in turn shattered Mjolnir's confidence in him as its wielder. Considering Gorr's particular axe to grind was that his gods didn't answer his or his people's prayers for salvation because they just didn't care about the mortals who worshipped them and therefore were unworthy of said worship . . . well, that hit Thor pretty hard. Then again, if one would consider what Donny Cates brought in with Knull and his quest to annihilate all other gods and all life created by said gods, perhaps Gorr's gods didn't answer his or his people's prayers because Knull had already slaughtered them, which would make Gorr kind of Knull's pawn via the Necrosword.
    I think it was a mistake to keep what Fury said to Thor a secret. It didn't really add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the heroes who don't really know him don't necessarily like or respect him. But for those that do, I honestly believe he's one of the most respected heroes short of Steve.
    I think it just becomes a problem when it's used as a default for how other heroes treat Spidey, or when they treat him like dirt for seemingly no reason at all (like Waid's Avengers).
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think it was a mistake to keep what Fury said to Thor a secret. It didn't really add anything.
    I think it was a mistake that it was Fury in the first place. The whole execution of the Unworthy moment just didn't really make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If they were going to keep it a secret, it had to be a “worthy” secret that would live up to the hype when finally revealed. That reveal definitely fell flat in my opinion.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Ultimate Member

Honestly?

I had hoped that the secret was that Thor had killed some innocent people unknowingly in the past.

I mean, he's thousands of years old, was kind of a dick before Odin sent him to earth and loves himself some battle. I have a hard time believing that, having lived thousands of years, every single kill of his was righteous.

But what we got, yeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly?

I had hoped that the secret was that Thor had killed some innocent people unknowingly in the past.

I mean, he's thousands of years old, was kind of a dick before Odin sent him to earth and loves himself some battle. I have a hard time believing that, having lived thousands of years, every single kill of his was righteous.

Really? Not how I remember it from the Lee/Kirby stories.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    If they were going to keep it a secret, it had to be a “worthy” secret that would live up to the hype when finally revealed. That reveal definitely fell flat in my opinion.
    Wouldn’t have minded if we found out within the year what was said. But it was soooo long.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Really? Not how I remember it from the Lee/Kirby stories.
    He was sent to earth to learn humility, remember? Not saying he was a complete douche, he had heroic qualities certainly, but kind of a jerk, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly?

I speculated the secret was that he was actually the cause of Jane Foster's cancer, by exposing her to unearthly powers/energy for so long. I think that might have crippled him emotionally and made him feel unworthy. But nope.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Wouldn’t have minded if we found out within the year what was said. But it was soooo long.
    Yeah if they kept it a secret for a few months, that might have been an OKAY reveal. But given how long the wait was, I'm not sure anything would have failed to disappoint.