Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Question Is Odionson worthy again?

Hi guys

Has Thor Odionson became worthy of mjolnir again?

I know that Jane Foster dropped the mantle, and that Odionson obtained the power cosmic, and obtained Ultimate Thor's hammer, but did he became worthy again of his mjolnir that Jane Foster took?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

I know that Jane Foster dropped the mantle, and that Odionson obtained the power cosmic, and obtained Ultimate Thor's hammer, but did he became worthy again of his mjolnir that Jane Foster took?
    I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember Mjolnir being destroyed by the sun?
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Destroyed and reforged, if I recall right from the climactic final issue of War of the Realms.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Destroyed and reforged, if I recall right from the climactic final issue of War of the Realms.
    And did he became worthy again?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

yes, he is worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Correct, this is how Jane was depowered.
    Also correct. Odinson had been using other hammers but they kept getting destroyed. During War of the Realms, Jane acquired Ultimate Mjolnir, which was destroyed and reforged into her new All-Weapon she uses as Valkyrie. Meanwhile Thor was able to restore 616 Mjolnir.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ddi they ever reveal what Fury said to him that made him unworthy. At least I think that is the series of events.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pretty much. Apparently, that was enough to shatter Thor's faith in himself, which in turn shattered Mjolnir's confidence in him as its wielder. Considering Gorr's particular axe to grind was that his gods didn't answer his or his people's prayers for salvation because they just didn't care about the mortals who worshipped them and therefore were unworthy of said worship . . . well, that hit Thor pretty hard. Then again, if one would consider what Donny Cates brought in with Knull and his quest to annihilate all other gods and all life created by said gods, perhaps Gorr's gods didn't answer his or his people's prayers because Knull had already slaughtered them, which would make Gorr kind of Knull's pawn via the Necrosword.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

His name is Thor
    Cyclops was right

Ultimate Member

Pretty much. Apparently, that was enough to shatter Thor's faith in himself, which in turn shattered Mjolnir's confidence in him as its wielder. Considering Gorr's particular axe to grind was that his gods didn't answer his or his people's prayers for salvation because they just didn't care about the mortals who worshipped them and therefore were unworthy of said worship . . . well, that hit Thor pretty hard. Then again, if one would consider what Donny Cates brought in with Knull and his quest to annihilate all other gods and all life created by said gods, perhaps Gorr's gods didn't answer his or his people's prayers because Knull had already slaughtered them, which would make Gorr kind of Knull's pawn via the Necrosword.
    Lets not overthink poor writing

Fury said that to a founding Avenger who has saved earth, and alien races, countless times. The correct response from Thor should have been 'STFU, Nick'.

Also, it strikes me as odd that Fury was willing to cripple one of earth's strongest heroes just to win a pointless skirmish

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Fury said that to a founding Avenger who has saved earth, and alien races, countless times. The correct response from Thor should have been 'STFU, Nick'.

Also, it strikes me as odd that Fury was willing to cripple one of earth's strongest heroes just to win a pointless skirmish
    Original Sin is basically characther assasination for Fury, so no surprise there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Original Sin is basically characther assasination for Fury, so no surprise there.
    I still don't understand why everyone in that story kept mentioning how much they hated Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Yeah, that whole thing was pretty stupid. He needed a way to get the hammer to Jane and that part at least was pretty cool... but the way Aaron got from point A to point B was pretty lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't understand why everyone in that story kept mentioning how much they hated Bucky.
    Everyone hated Nick at the end, Bucky is already hated, perfect sucessor. Or at least that's probably Aaron's logic, but i don't know, Original Sin is just a weird direction in general.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona