Spectacular Member

Question Can Injustice Superman obtain and control all the lantern rings?

Hi guys

Do you think that Injustice Superman can obtain and control all of the lantern rings in the emotional spectrum of the main DC universe, including the Ultra Violet ring?
    Last edited by Mr_E_88; 07-29-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Some, but not all. I’m not sure how consistent they’ve been but I don’t think you can just go get a lantern ring, you can contain one as far as I have seen but you just can’t pick one up and use them, not without having some access to the emotion in question, and for the record let’s not even get into the complexities that come with the white and black rings so let’s stick with main rings and ultraviolet.

In the injustice comics he was able to use a Sinestro Corps ring through the fear he instilled to the populace. Now that’s just one ring, and maybe he could prove willpower(he is Superman after all) but then he’d need to show Greed, Rage, Compassion, Hope, and Love. Now Rage maybe, but Injustice Superman doesn’t exactly inspire Hope and Compassion so I don’t think he’s getting those rings. Maybe Star Sapphire for love of Lois, but that’s argumentative.

Ultraviolet is possible because that’s hidden or buried emotions, could be his grief or even shame that comes with killing his friends and loved ones in his battles with Batman.

So overall I’d say yes to Yellow, Red, and Ultraviolet. Maybe, Star Sapphire and Green Lantern. No to Blue, Indigo, and Orange.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Some, but not all. I’m not sure how consistent they’ve been but I don’t think you can just go get a lantern ring, you can contain one as far as I have seen but you just can’t pick one up and use them, not without having some access to the emotion in question, and for the record let’s not even get into the complexities that come with the white and black rings so let’s stick with main rings and ultraviolet.

In the injustice comics he was able to use a Sinestro Corps ring through the fear he instilled to the populace. Now that’s just one ring, and maybe he could prove willpower(he is Superman after all) but then he’d need to show Greed, Rage, Compassion, Hope, and Love. Now Rage maybe, but Injustice Superman doesn’t exactly inspire Hope and Compassion so I don’t think he’s getting those rings. Maybe Star Sapphire for love of Lois, but that’s argumentative.

Ultraviolet is possible because that’s hidden or buried emotions, could be his grief or even shame that comes with killing his friends and loved ones in his battles with Batman.

So overall I’d say yes to Yellow, Red, and Ultraviolet. Maybe, Star Sapphire and Green Lantern. No to Blue, Indigo, and Orange.
    I agree with all of your points, with one exception. Injustice Superman can obtain the orange lanteren ring.

If you remember at the end of Injustice 2 Superman became obssesed with power, that's why I believe that he is eligable for the orange lantern ring.

What do you think?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Actually it depends how strong the emotions have to be...

Injustice 2 had a "bigger villain" than he was and I am sure that Injustice Superman would still help children,people who are vulnerable etc.

I dont see Injustice Superman as absolutely cold,brutal dictator etc. this is more like against powerful beings etc. who try to stop him, but I think if he sees children who needs help etc. he would still help them, care for them etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    I agree with all of your points, with one exception. Injustice Superman can obtain the orange lanteren ring.

If you remember at the end of Injustice 2 Superman became obssesed with power, that's why I believe that he is eligable for the orange lantern ring.

What do you think?
    Okay you know what I didn’t take just power into account for greed, I assumed materialistic tendencies, but that’s an interesting take that I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

Injustice 2 had a "bigger villain" than he was and I am sure that Injustice Superman would still help children,people who are vulnerable etc.

I dont see Injustice Superman as absolutely cold,brutal dictator etc. this is more like against powerful beings etc. who try to stop him, but I think if he sees children who needs help etc. he would still help them, care for them etc.
    I mean Injustice Superman did some villainous stuff by the end that takes away the whole compassion thing
    -Burned a crowd of people to death
    -Had Alfred assassinated
    -Killed Billy Batson
    -Nearly killed Superboy, only saved thanks to the phantom zone and a Zod heart transplant
    -And who can forget Green Arrow

Heck even though there was a bigger villain in Injustice 2 he really only helped so the world wasn’t destroyed, once he stopped Brainiac he immediately went back into the mindset of using Brainiac tech to bend the world to his whim/get back the world from Batman. So no I don’t think Injustice Superman gets the compassion ring.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He full-stop can't pilot a blue ring if he's a murderous dictator, so categorically no.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

I dissagre with you on this, if you remember Billy Baston was a kid and he bruttuly murdered him, froze his mouth and fried his eyes and brain. His intention may have at one point been good, but at the end he became a ruthless dictator the thing that he once sworn to fight against.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    I dissagre with you on this, if you remember Billy Baston was a kid and he bruttuly murdered him, froze his mouth and fried his eyes and brain. His intention may have at one point been good, but at the end he became a ruthless dictator the thing that he once sworn to fight against.
    You can thank Batman for that. All these years oppossing Superman taught the Man of Steel everything that makes Batman a jerk: Fear is the best way to keep control, anything goes as long as you complete the mission, and NEVER trust anyone. Only difference, Superman is not going to risk to leave his enemies to live today to cause another catastrophe tomorrow. That's why it's Batman's fault everything that went wrong, for letting the Joker live. If Batman wouldn't have been a jerk and accepted that Superman was right in killing the Joker, all this could have been avoided.

Anyway, back to the topic, considering his mental state, I believe Superman can actually wear a Red Ring (Rage), Green Ring (Will) and Yellow Ring (Fear). He COULD wear a Pink Ring (Love) for his love to Lois, but I'm not sure how it works for "Lost Love". Orange Ring (Orange) doesn't really suits this Superman. Greed is about "possession", while Superman's objective is "control", to compensate his crime of killing his family and destroy Metropolis. Superman gave up Hope (Blue Ring) after it proved useless to actually keep the world safe. And after Kalibak's attack and Batman's continuous schemes, he has almost no Compassion left (Indigo Ring).

Now then, if we talk about the Injustice Superman that defeated Batman and took control of Brainiac's tech; then he might ACTUALLY be capable of controlling all rings. How? Simply because brainiac's tech is capable of "hacking" the power rings. It has happened in the past, but I can't remember the comic where it happened. Either way, with Brainiac's tech, Injustice Superman would control the Emotional Spectrum and possibly be capable of controlling life and death, somehow.

Actually, the Indigo Ring would be a perfect ring for Injustice Supes; they were made for pyschopathic murderers and force them to feel compassion.

And, yes. Injustice Superman, especially by Year 5 and into Injustice, is a true criminal. He is responsible for his own actions; not Batman. He got to the point where Billy, a 15 year old kid that said, "hold on a minute" when Clark wanted to wipe out Gotham and Metropolis, was swiftly and brutally murdered. And he was only the latest in a long line of brutal deaths that Clark is responsible for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Actually, the Indigo Ring would be a perfect ring for Injustice Supes; they were made for pyschopathic murderers and force them to feel compassion.

And, yes. Injustice Superman, especially by Year 5 and into Injustice, is a true criminal. He is responsible for his own actions; not Batman. He got to the point where Billy, a 15 year old kid that said, "hold on a minute" when Clark wanted to wipe out Gotham and Metropolis, was swiftly and brutally murdered. And he was only the latest in a long line of brutal deaths that Clark is responsible for.
    A line that started with Lois Lane, his unborn baby and then ALL Metropolis. Superman would have never killed if it wasn't for the Joker's manipulations, and that was Batman's fault for letting him live. If Superman wouldn't have killed his family and city, he would have never killed later. It's pointless to say it wasn't Superman's fault, his family's blood was in Superman's hands and there was no way to change it. Intentionally or not, Superman killed his family and city, and it was all Batman's fault for letting the Joker live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    A line that started with Lois Lane, his unborn baby and then ALL Metropolis. Superman would have never killed if it wasn't for the Joker's manipulations, and that was Batman's fault for letting him live. If Superman wouldn't have killed his family and city, he would have never killed later. It's pointless to say it wasn't Superman's fault, his family's blood was in Superman's hands and there was no way to change it. Intentionally or not, Superman killed his family and city, and it was all Batman's fault for letting the Joker live.
    And then Clark killed Joker. And then Parademons. And then bystanders. Ollie. And a number of others. Oh, and threw Atlantis into the Sahara Desert because they wouldn't bow to his authority.

I'm not defending Batman. But when Joker is long dead, and Clark only escalates, then that is on Clark. Not Bruce.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And then Clark killed Joker. And then Parademons. And then bystanders. Ollie. And a number of others. Oh, and threw Atlantis into the Sahara Desert because they wouldn't bow to his authority.

I'm not defending Batman. But when Joker is long dead, and Clark only escalates, then that is on Clark. Not Bruce.
    Killing the Joker is what any person in his place would have done, except Batman for not having the guts. Seriously, how it can be a bad thing to kill an army of Parademons? I don't know which "bystanders" you mean, because there are severals. Green Arrow is dead because of Batman, as they invaded Superman's Fortress where he was keeping his parents safe; right after the US Goverment kidnapped them and threated Superman to kill them if he didn't stay out of Earth's matters. (Batman said he didn't know, but it was a lie; because where else would Superman keep his parents safe from being kidnapped again?). Superman didn't kidnapped Atlantis because they didn't bow to his authority, but because Aquaman launched his army to the most important coast's cities in the world as a warning to stay out of the oceans. Superman wasn't going to allow that kind of violence, and he wasn't interested to rule yet, he was stopping Aquaman from starting a war between Atlantis and the Surface before it started. And since Aquaman talked with force, Superman answered with force.

Superman's actions were extreme, definitely; but he was doing what humanity has been clearly incapable of doing by itself. Besides, each time Superman escalated, it was to counter one of Batman's actions.
    + Batman doesn't help Superman when his parents are kidnapped, Superman calls Batman a cinic father for not acting like one for Damian and Dick.
    + Batman install a virus on Cyborg the week he meets him and truns him off to save Arkham's monsters, Superman turns the Justice League against him.
    + Batman kidnaps Hawkgirl and replaces her with the Martian Manhunter to spy and sabotage them, Superman reveals Batman's indetity to the whole planet.
    + Batman sends the Martian Manhunter to trick the League and the Martian tries to kill Wonder Woman, Superman has to kill him to save Wonder Woman; and then, Batman says Superman killed the Martian, but it didn't says he tried to kill Wonder Woman first.

Extraordinary Member

IJ Superman doesn't need to do that. He merely needs to go to a convenient volcano, call it say...Mount Doom, forge his own ring and pour his malice, his cruelty, and his will to dominate all life into it; then he can simply use that ring to control all the others! Call it say...Precious.