Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 135
  1. #31
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It could be....Rebecca Vardys account.

    (Man I hope there’s some people on here who will get that reference)
    *raises hand*

  2. #32
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    I like how Harry Osborn is still one of the number one suspects for Kindred despite it making no sense whatsoever.

  3. #33
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,128

    Default

    Okay. I'm calling it now. Kindred is secretly ... F.A.C.A.D.E!

  4. #34
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Sounds crazy, but I don't think we can trust an elimination process for this. I mean, who could have guessed back then that the sick Jane Foster was the new female Thor? Or that the Red Hulk was General Ross, when we saw them "together" once?
    Odinson himself actually tried to use elimination process to identity the new Thor. He ruled Jane out due to her cancer... when it later turned out that was exactly why she was Worthy, because she was willing to fight despite the fact doing so was risking her life, as it was negating her treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fair point. There may be some aspects to the character we don't yet understand (IE- an existing character being unaware of a different personality.)
    Possible. Carol Danvers didn't know she was Ms. Marvel initially.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #35
    Spectacular Member JTHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Well. Kindred sure isn't Knull, right?

  6. #36
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Well. Kindred sure isn't Knull, right?
    In a weird way, it's possible that Kindred is the deific manifestation of the Venom Symbiote's lust for Peter, but even that sounds ridiculous.

  7. #37
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    In a weird way, it's possible that Kindred is the deific manifestation of the Venom Symbiote's lust for Peter, but even that sounds ridiculous.
    And yet not the most ridiculous suggestion (I tongue-in-cheek suggested it was dead Baby May from the end of the Clone Saga in another thread, for example)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,961

    Lightbulb

    I must admit a sick, twisted part of me wants their MJ theory to be true just so I can witness the epic meltdown many readers would, no doubt, have. What can I say, trolling can sometimes be fun. -

    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    It’s the fake Aunt May who Norman hired to die in front of Peter.






    But it’s most likely Gwen Stacy.

  10. #40
    Incredible Member stillanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    893

    Default

    First off, I don't think Kindred is Harry. After all, he hasn't appeared at all in Spencer's run, except in flashback. Neither do I think Kindred is an aspect of Peter's soul left over from the Mephisto deal. No way Marvel will reverse that as much as we the fans would like them too. I did think it might be Gwen, but then why would Kindred talk about her in the third person to Norman. Incidentally, if you re-read that conversation carefully, in which Norman says that Kindred was the inheritor of his legacy "all along," that also discounts both Harry and Peter. Harry because, as disappointed in him as he was, Norman has always tried to make Harry his successor. And in Norman's mind, Peter was the son he always wanted, and therefore another inheritor of his legacy as shown in the classic Peter Jenkins issues.

    But the thing is, in watching that ComicPOP video, they did raise some interesting points about the Lookups, the sidekicks anonymous group, which apparently uses magic provided to them by Dr. Strange as as part of their therapy sessions. And it made me realize that Carlie was also a member of the Lookups. Which made me go back and re-read the beginning pages of Amazing Spider-Man #45 and once again ask myself the very question the issue itself asks: Why are we being reminded of Carlie's life story? In a story about the Sin-Eater, which is leading up to Spidey finally confronting Kindred? And then it hit me: it's because Carlie's integral to this story. And when we usually are devoted to a character's backstory, it's either because they're setting them up to die...or setting them up as a villain.

    Yes, I think Kindred is Carlie, or rather Carlie's shadow self, something that she summoned during one of her Lookups sessions and forgot about thanks to the Dr. Strange memory wipe gas. She may not even know, and is subconsciously going Kindred's bidding. Basically, as means of confronting her own personal demons, Carlie may ended up creating one.

    And if you think I'm blowing smoke or revising my mistaken "Carlie is Menace" theory, or that I hate Carlie, think again. If you look at Carlie and Kindred side-by-side, there are way too many commonalities to ignore.

    Kindred's MO is guided by the belief that Peter endangers and ruins the lives of his loved ones so long as he's Spider-Man. If you look at Carlie's story, her life was completely upended as a result of being Peter's girlfriend. Not to mention she joined a support group for recovering loved ones of superheroes.

    Kindred has been very protective of Mary Jane, enough to arrange for her to go off to Hollywood. MJ's best friend, aside from Peter, is Carlie. Carlie even introduced MJ to the Lookups once she found out the MJ and Peter were back together.

    Kindred, in "his" monologues about Peter, speaks liters his cryptic threats with flirtations as if they're lovers; Carlie is Peter's ex-girlfriend.

    Along those same lines, Kindred chose "his" name to imply that "he" and Peter are kindred spirits. Think about all the times various characters during Brand New Day kept telling Peter how perfect Carlie was for him, as though they were kindred spirits.

    Kindred knows Norman Osborn. Carlie knows Norman too, not only via Harry and Lily Hollister, but also because Norman turned Carlie into one of his Goblins during Superior Spider-Man.

    Kindred is allied with Mysterio, who believes Kindred resurrected him from Hell. Carlie's dad allied himself with Mysterio, whom the Master of Illusion helped to fake his own death.

    Finally, Kindred takes on the form of a decayed, mummified corpse. What is Carlie's profession? She's a forensic pathologist, someone who makes her living examining corpses.

    Granted, I could very well be mistaken about all of this. But I do think it's *very* interesting just how much Carlie and Kindred actually share in common.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 08-21-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  11. #41
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Ooh, I like it. I have major quibbles with Kindred's relationships being tethered to Carlie* (Why the Sin Eater, what's the relationship with Kingpin and other villains), but I like it. I took her reintroduction to be less connected to Kindred specifically but to Kindred's POV (she was a good recent exemplar of the damage of being around Peter), but they are related.

    *One could No Prize some of this with Carlie doing some cold case work between the end of Superior and the start of Spencer's run
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  12. #42
    Incredible Member stillanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Ooh, I like it. I have major quibbles with Kindred's relationships being tethered to Carlie* (Why the Sin Eater, what's the relationship with Kingpin and other villains), but I like it. I took her reintroduction to be less connected to Kindred specifically but to Kindred's POV (she was a good recent exemplar of the damage of being around Peter), but they are related.

    *One could No Prize some of this with Carlie doing some cold case work between the end of Superior and the start of Spencer's run
    Yeah, the Kingpin thing may a bit more explanation, I agree. But as you say, Spencer will likely go back to fill in the gap of how Kingpin and Kindred know each other. As for Sin-Eater, let's not forget that Jean DeWolfe was Captain Yuri Watanabee's boss, and also took her loss at the hands of the Sin-Eater personally. And Carlie worked under Yuri, and thus also knew about Jean DeWolfe. At least, that's the connection I can make.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    The guy who killed Uncle Ben
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  14. #44
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I must admit a sick, twisted part of me wants their MJ theory to be true just so I can witness the epic meltdown many readers would, no doubt, have. What can I say, trolling can sometimes be fun. -

    i like that video and theories and if it is Mj of boi would comic fans flip. But they keep referencing a party that kindred was in I dont remember the issue they were talking about?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,298

    Default

    It’s Debra Whitman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •