Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Okay, the biggest possible troll move here - which still maintains a plausible way for dream walking, the relationship with Peter and Norman, and familiarity with all the villains - is Kindred = Judas Traveller, right? He and Scrier were the biggest WTF happened part of the Clone Saga, both with their initially suggested power set and then the final explanation for who and what they were. Maybe Spencer is going to fix that whole mess.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Okay, the biggest possible troll move here - which still maintains a plausible way for dream walking, the relationship with Peter and Norman, and familiarity with all the villains - is Kindred = Judas Traveller, right? He and Scrier were the biggest WTF happened part of the Clone Saga, both with their initially suggested power set and then the final explanation for who and what they were. Maybe Spencer is going to fix that whole mess.
    Define "fix".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Define "fix".
    Make Judas Traveller a compelling character who lives up to the promise of his first couple appearances

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Make Judas Traveller a compelling character who lives up to the promise of his first couple appearances
    You mean how readers hated supernatural characters so they had to write it out. You want Spencer to re-insert the magic?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You mean how readers hated supernatural characters so they had to write it out. You want Spencer to re-insert the magic?
    Considering how One More Day introduced Mephisto's magic to remove the marriage and then it furthered with the BD that was One Moment in Time which claims magic was used in the reversal of the identity reveal during Civil War? Yeah I'd rather had Judas Traveller.

His original appearances were that of a man studying human nature (at least that's how I remember it.) how some can claim that doesn't fit well in the Spider-Man mythos is beyond me considering characters like Carnage being the complete antithesis of Peter Parker - how could you not want to study the nature of these two men and compare? How about Otto's smothering childhood and Peter's childhood? How could you not want to study the nature of these two men? Bring back his magic any day.

Mighty Member

^Yeah, what he said. I don't mind Spider-man interacting with mystical characters or forces (see also, The Other, Demogoblins) generally, but Traveller wasn't a villain so much as a wanderer who (if the Clone Saga hadn't gone off the rails) could have become an interesting part of the MU - showing up around Civil War to observe and maybe intercede on someone's behalf, helping someone process their secret revealed in Original Sin, etc. I really am bummed that he got retconned into a boring crazy guy being controlled by Norman Osborn.

As to his relation to Kindred, I don't think he's been seen in years and there's a chance that he died in that time and blames Peter. Also, as a former criminologist/ancient traveling shaman, he could be familiar with any number of villains. Look, it's not great, but it's not the worst idea I've had

Spectacular Member

Maybe Kindred is the real Peter Parker and we always read stories about a fake one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Maybe Kindred is the real Peter Parker and we always read stories about a fake one.
    Like that went over so well the last time they tried that....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Like that went over so well the last time they tried that....
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again

ASM #850 trailer.

Didn't know where else to post, seems more relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

ASM #850 trailer.

Didn't know where else to post, seems more relevant to this thread.
    Oh heck yes: he knows the identity again for real! Let's freaking gooooo

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Oh heck yes: he knows the identity again for real! Let's freaking gooooo
    yeah he relearn it in the Red Goblin arc although I do wonder whats the reason for the rematch with everything surrounding Kindred right now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah he relearn it in the Red Goblin arc although I do wonder whats the reason for the rematch with everything surrounding Kindred right now
    I knew he re-learned it during "Go Down Swinging", but with the ending to that story and "Absolute Carnage" I didn't know if he even still remembered.

Extraordinary Member

Kindred can only be Aunt Anna.

It makes perfect sense.

Incredible Member

I don't believe the battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin will be long. Judging by the end of the video, if these screen caps are of interior art, it looks like Peter and Norman are going to join forces for a bit.

F1F2722B-26FA-4D06-8EF9-90982A001DA8.jpg

B9AFCACA-A7CA-4832-A423-C8B06C818193.jpg