Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I will eat every issue of Spencer's run with hot sauce if Kindred is not Uncle Ben's secret, long-dead son, Paul.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I hope it's Steve Ditko.
    LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Damn, I remember watching that live and feel so old now LOL.

I hope it's not anybody who was possibly "collateral damage" from a past battle. I just think that angle would be really unnecessary, and have really dour implications going forward.

I just hope it's not ''anti-climatic'' whoever it is. Nothing worse as a reader than an anti-climatic ending or reveal imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I just hope it's not ''anti-climatic'' whoever it is. Nothing worse as a reader than an anti-climatic ending or reveal imo.
    I think it's a bit too late for that. Spencer is hyping up the mystery so much that no answer can be satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think it's a bit too late for that. Spencer is hyping up the mystery so much that no answer can be satisfying.
    I'm going to wait and see the reveal before I agree or disagree, remind me when the reveal is made and I've read it so I can say whether I agree or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I really do not agree. Why? 1: If it is Harry and Norman must kill him that would be great ( Osborn deserves that to happen to him). 2: If OMD/BND is sent to the trash and the marriage restored. 3: If you get an unexpected twist ending like Leeds or Crime Master being Kindred. 4: Options 1 or 3 ( along with Number two). happen. That is what I want.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really do not agree. Why? 1: If it is Harry and Norman must kill him that would be great ( Osborn deserves that to happen to him). 2: If OMD/BND is sent to the trash and the marriage restored. 3: If you get an unexpected twist ending like Leeds or Crime Master being Kindred. 4: Options 1 or 3 ( along with Number two). happen. That is what I want.
    Another option that'd be interesting and potentially satisfying - Kindred has Peter's face but we don't know why (Think the Stryfe reveal in New Mutants 100). Is it a clone, his OMD self, an alternate universe version of him? Trading out one mystery for another can keep the story going for a bit and keep us all interested and speculating, and we'd all be going back to the first arc where Peter was literally split in two looking for clues.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Another option that'd be interesting and potentially satisfying - Kindred has Peter's face but we don't know why (Think the Stryfe reveal in New Mutants 100). Is it a clone, his OMD self, an alternate universe version of him? Trading out one mystery for another can keep the story going for a bit and keep us all interested and speculating, and we'd all be going back to the first arc where Peter was literally split in two looking for clues.
    I have seen enough Spider-Man and clones to last a lifetime. Plus we just saw Jackal in Ghost Spider Gwen ( bringing back Clone Saga memories). The idea of the splitting of Peter and Spider-Man worked before no need to rehash it. One other possibility and one that I alluded to yesterday, is this could all be about Mephisto and Kindred could just be working for him, instead of someone like Gwen Harry or Ned having a grudge against Peter. Basically this is not Parker specific. Why? The fact Peter and MJ are not the only ones who made the deal ( Miles and Otto as well), and other spiders are involved as well, is something to consider. That would certainly point to someone like Crime Master being Kindred.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm going to wait and see the reveal before I agree or disagree, remind me when the reveal is made and I've read it so I can say whether I agree or not.
    While others disagree and have good points, i have to agree with this as well. My problem with Kindred is we actually have no solid evidence to indicate anything. I've seen people mention numerous times "it has to be this character because this character is a Ditko character" and when i ask why everyone is focused on Ditko, i never get a real solid answer. Did Spencer or Lowe indicate in an interview that Kindred is a Ditko character? I don't follow interviews so this is a real question i have. But otherwise we have nothing except outbursts and a mention of being dead before Mysterio and not wanting to kill innocents. Venom used to say the same thing and he was still killing security guards and cops so even the "i hate killing innocents line" is a throw away without any other further clues.

Multiple problems spring up depending on the character reveal. If its Harry Osborn or anything related to Norman Osborn, we will get the "UGH another Norman Osborn story" complaints. If it is Gwen Stacy, we are going to need some seriously plausible reasons how it's possible especially after Gwen's interactions with Peter during the Clone Conspiracy. If it's Ned Leeds then again we need way more plausible reasons besides "I died while dressed up as a Hobgoblin because your life ruins everyone else's lives around you." A Peter Parker clone or split personality or lost soul because of the Mephisto deal thing? Well 1) even i am sick of clones and i love Ben and Kaine and if this was going to be a clone thing we already have two clones that could have worked. 2) As others have mentioned we did the peter/spider-man split early on and 3)if it was mephisto we would have needed to see him or have mention of him before this supposedly big confrontation in Amazing 49.

This is just dragging too long. Everyone hated the Captain America Hydra reveal and complained that dragged too long but someone now Spencer is "my god" "my master" with this? I dont know...sometimes being a comic fan is a hard pill to swallow.

Astonishing Member

The reason it feels like the Kindred mystery is dragging on is because the readers aren't consistently being given clues to work with. Most of Spencer's run so far has been focused more on B-list characters with Kindred being put to the side. Usually when this happens mysteries tend to get boring. Spencer's treatment of Kindred reminds me a bit of the treatment of the Black Organization in Detective Conan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The reason it feels like the Kindred mystery is dragging on is because the readers aren't consistently being given clues to work with.
    I think you mean the readers. Neither Peter nor MJ nor any protagonist is aware of Kindred. Only Fisk, Mysterio and some part of Norman Osborn knows of Kindred, and only Norman seems to have some idea of who Kindred is.

In that respects, Kindred is not really a mystery character. Because he is not being actively investigated by the protagonists, and Peter has no idea that Kindred exists outside of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    While others disagree and have good points, i have to agree with this as well. My problem with Kindred is we actually have no solid evidence to indicate anything. I've seen people mention numerous times "it has to be this character because this character is a Ditko character" and when i ask why everyone is focused on Ditko, i never get a real solid answer. Did Spencer or Lowe indicate in an interview that Kindred is a Ditko character? I don't follow interviews so this is a real question i have. But otherwise we have nothing except outbursts and a mention of being dead before Mysterio and not wanting to kill innocents. Venom used to say the same thing and he was still killing security guards and cops so even the "i hate killing innocents line" is a throw away without any other further clues.

Multiple problems spring up depending on the character reveal. If its Harry Osborn or anything related to Norman Osborn, we will get the "UGH another Norman Osborn story" complaints. If it is Gwen Stacy, we are going to need some seriously plausible reasons how it's possible especially after Gwen's interactions with Peter during the Clone Conspiracy. If it's Ned Leeds then again we need way more plausible reasons besides "I died while dressed up as a Hobgoblin because your life ruins everyone else's lives around you." A Peter Parker clone or split personality or lost soul because of the Mephisto deal thing? Well 1) even i am sick of clones and i love Ben and Kaine and if this was going to be a clone thing we already have two clones that could have worked. 2) As others have mentioned we did the peter/spider-man split early on and 3)if it was mephisto we would have needed to see him or have mention of him before this supposedly big confrontation in Amazing 49.
    Suffice it to say Spencer won't do anything that the Simpsons did first, better, and made fun of in the process:

This is just dragging too long. Everyone hated the Captain America Hydra reveal and complained that dragged too long but someone now Spencer is "my god" "my master" with this? I dont know...sometimes being a comic fan is a hard pill to swallow.
    In the words of Jack Kirby,
    "Kid, comics will break your heart."

Hydra Cap was so much better than this because the very first thing that came out after the reveal was a full explanation of what happened so we could move on to the actual interesting story. Waiting for one issue versus waiting for 50.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cap Hydra had a major outburst outside comicbook readers, so I don't know how much of the internet hating came from people actually reading the book month after month. I didn't frequent this forum back then, so I have no idea how the discussion went, I enjoyed the series, though I think Secret Empire was a big failure. My problem with Kindred so far is that he's such a constant presence in the title and there're no big confrontations against him. Usually, when the Green Goblin appeared in the Ditko years, or when the Hobgoblin showed up in the Stern and Defalco era, he had a clear goal in that story, a fight against the webslinger or someone else, and from time to time, a few clues of his secret identity. Kindred shows in nightmares or to kill people, demonstrates how cool he is, some badass dialogue and fades out. I get the reason to hype a villain, but a little variation in almost 50 issues won't hurt.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It could be....Rebecca Vardys account.

(Man I hope there’s some people on here who will get that reference)