Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Suicide Squad #7 Discussion/Spoilers

Lots of things to like here just with the usual problems that I find in Tom Taylor's work.

For one, the fact that Deadshot has been pardoned bring a lot of interesting possibilities including returning to his family and I'm glad that Taylor acknowledged they exist at the very least. What follows is an interesting and fun family dynamic, particularly between Floyd and his daughter who funnily enough call herself now "Liveshot". And this is all good, is classic Tom Taylor's fun and if there's something that I appreciate about him is that he really knows how to write children and integrate them appropriately into the plot most of time.

Then again, come the usual issues I have like the terribly out of character now villainous Ted Kord which, unless is revealed this is a doppleganger or something, it could turn out to be one of the worst portrayals of this decade. Not the only problem since Taylor's Deadshot still sounds too "normal", far from the cold psychopath from the John Ostrander's days or even the funny killer from the Gail Simone's days, he's just kinda bland.

Daniel Sampere handles the art and while his work is not as good as Bruno Redondo's, he still does a pretty solid job with detailed character models and storytelling.

Good read aside from the typical concerns. Just hope everything turns out okay.

Yeah I will say this if I was a DC superhero I would be worried that someone like Deadshot’s kid has got great accuracy and has taken on an alter-ego, even for laughs I would still be worried about the potential future of Liveshot.

As for the Ted Kord thing, it’s honestly hard to say. To me it’s pretty clear that from Kord’s Dialogue that there is much more going on then we are aware of, like all we know is Ted Kord is involved but not the why. I mean somehow he got put in charge of a government agency without Batman knowing Waller was replaced, I imagine something is up. Personally I’ve read enough by Tom Taylor that I trust him and want to see where this goes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Really disliked this chapter. I simply can't see Deadshot being dumb enough to think that even though he was pardoned, that the guys running an off the books, illegal wetworks team wouldn't come gunning for him.

A pretty good issue. I was actually a little worried for Floyd’s family for a second. Nice save by Wink.

Well Deadshot now has a legacy character. Liveshot could have a lot of potential for stories set in the future DCU, with Damian and Jon’s generation are in their prime. Though I’m not a huge fan of the bow and arrow as there are already too many characters who use that weapon. But on man, did I love the little costume she had for her dog! The dog’s name has to be something like Ricochet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Really disliked this chapter. I simply can't see Deadshot being dumb enough to think that even though he was pardoned, that the guys running an off the books, illegal wet works team wouldn't come gunning for him.
    Deadshot is used to dealing with Waller. Someone who is tough as hell and not above sacrificing people for the good of the nation/world but she’s also someone who keeps her word. Obviously he’s not prepared for what Ted Kord has in store.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Deadshot is used to dealing with Waller. Someone who is tough as hell and not above sacrificing people for the good of the nation/world but she’s also someone who keeps her word. Obviously he’s not prepared for what Ted Kord has in store.
    Deadshot's a criminal. He should at least know enough of other criminals to know they don't respect the law.

Deadshot's a criminal. He should at least know enough of other criminals to know they don't respect the law.
    But that's the thing : the Squad isn't run by criminals. It uses them. And Blue Beetle's a hero. He had no reasons to assume his pardon would be ditched like that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    But that's the thing : the Squad isn't run by criminals. It uses them. And Blue Beetle's a hero. He had no reasons to assume his pardon would be ditched like that.
    The old squad, yes. But Floyd was told, and it was demonstrated, that there's a new sheriff in town running their own agenda.

The old squad, yes. But Floyd was told, and it was demonstrated, that there's a new sheriff in town running their own agenda.
    Sure but I guess old habits die hard. It's one thing to be told that nothing's sacred anymore for the new handler. It's another thing to see him kick your puppy, so yo speak.

I also think that Lawton believed that his official pardon was beyond Kord's influence.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't know who called it, but whomever guessed that this Ted Kord is the one from the Dark Multiverse Infinite Crisis issue is right on the money.

This is Ted Kord, but not the one Max shot in the head. The circumstances surrounding Ted's return from the dead give them lots of wiggle room here.

Either way, I am enjoying the heck outta this title

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't know who called it, but whomever guessed that this Ted Kord is the one from the Dark Multiverse Infinite Crisis issue is right on the money.

This is Ted Kord, but not the one Max shot in the head. The circumstances surrounding Ted's return from the dead give them lots of wiggle room here.

What exactly is Kord's situation? I lost track 3 reboots ago

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

So there's two Ted Kords now? Okay .

A pretty good issue. I was actually a little worried for Floyd’s family for a second. Nice save by Wink.

Well Deadshot now has a legacy character. Liveshot could have a lot of potential for stories set in the future DCU, with Damian and Jon’s generation are in their prime. Though I’m not a huge fan of the bow and arrow as there are already too many characters who use that weapon. But on man, did I love the little costume she had for her dog! The dog’s name has to be something like Ricochet.
    Isn't Zoe basically a copy of Kate Bishop? Dark hair, sunglasses, bow and arrow, pet dog?

But yeah, DC has enough archers. Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Arrowette. Arsenal's currently dead, and Speedy and Green Arrow II are in limbo (have either Mia or Conner appeared since Flashpoint at all?). Where will Liveshot end up? Both Teen Titans and Young Justice already have an archer, so both teen teams are ruled out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Liveshot seems like a joke if ever I've seen one...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Liveshot seems like a joke if ever I've seen one...
    Yeah i don't think she's going to end up on a team any time soon but Taylor planted the seeds for her to appear in future stories. Some writer down the line may have a good idea for the character. Also, after what Gail Simone did with Catman, I think any character can be made into something awesome.

Yeah i don't think she's going to end up on a team any time soon but Taylor planted the seeds for her to appear in future stories. Some writer down the line may have a good idea for the character. Also, after what Gail Simone did with Catman, I think any character can be made into something awesome.
    It just seems a little too ridiculous to me (and too much like Taylor is trying to reference a certain Marvel archer).