Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,743

    Default Willamson Batman/Superman Spoilers & Discussion

    Didn’t see a thread about this, but it looks like previous Batman/Superman series got posted to this forum so screw it I decided to make a new thread for the Willamson version:



    So far I’ve quite enjoyed Willamson on the book! I know plenty of people were put off by Batman Who Laughs being the opening arc villain, but I actually quite enjoyed it. Since then I feel like it’s gotten better and better. We got a cool Zod/Ra’s Al Ghul team up which I quite liked (especially given that I think Zod should be positioned as a Ra’s type sympathetic enemy for Clark which Bendis and Willamson have both done):



    And now we catch up to the current arc about the Ultra-Humanite. Looks like they’re still folding in some of the New 52 events as canon. So far I’ve really enjoyed how Willamson writes the Ultra-Humanite, makes him a very old school type villain. I really loved at the end of this issue how he pulled an Ozymandias on Batman by revealing he had already enacted his plan while Bats was asleep. Gotta say it’s been nice to see Willamson use Supes first Rogue and he remembers the Ultra-Humanite’s body jumping power, using it in a really creepy way.



    Fun series so far, recommend it to those of you who aren’t digging Bendis.

  2. #2
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    I loves me some Ultra-Humanite so I am digging this so far. I like the new twist on his brain swapping shtick.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,748

    Default

    I thought the first arc was pretty underwhelming. Too much of a repeat of Loeb and his heavy handed "light-dark, nice-mean" crap that lacks all nuance and depth. Awesome art though; I bought the books just for that.

    The Kandor arc was pretty gods damn good, a huge step up.

    And what I've read of the Ultra-Humanite arc has been real solid too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,743

    Default


    Solid enough ending. Supes got to demonstrate that he’s not just a dumb brute and I thought both Batman and Superman got enough good moments in this arc. Nice that Atomic Skull is back from the dead, hope he still gets to be a hero. Also this book is a rarity right now: A DC book that references and incorporates events that are happening in other books, and also sets up a plot point for another writer to use for their story (Damian’s private prison being discovered by Batman). Looks like the “Brainiac Files” are next, man feels weird to see Willamson go all the way back to his JL vs SS mini event.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,743

    Default


    Those of you who have been wondering where Steel is should pick this up. This is a set up issue that prepares for a Steel/Batwoman/Batman/Superman team up next issues against Brainiac drones and their attempt to develop robotic versions of Batman & Superman foes capable of beating the duo.

  6. #6
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    I've been pleasantly surprised by this series since it dropped the whole Batman Who Laughs stuff. Very fun stuff.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I've been pleasantly surprised by this series since it dropped the whole Batman Who Laughs stuff. Very fun stuff.
    It’s not deep but it has been very fun. Makes up for the Justice League series being a complete bore nowadays.

  8. #8
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s not deep but it has been very fun. Makes up for the Justice League series being a complete bore nowadays.
    The most recent issues of Justice League have been great. I really liked the Black Mercy story

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

    Those of you who have been wondering where Steel is should pick this up. This is a set up issue that prepares for a Steel/Batwoman/Batman/Superman team up next issues against Brainiac drones and their attempt to develop robotic versions of Batman & Superman foes capable of beating the duo.
    It's stuff like that which makes me love comics .

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The most recent issues of Justice League have been great. I really liked the Black Mercy story
    Loveness was good but cliche, Spurrier’s was boring, we’ll see how Willamson’s JL Death Metal tie in arc goes.

  11. #11
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loveness was good but cliche, Spurrier’s was boring, we’ll see how Willamson’s JL Death Metal tie in arc goes.
    The Williamson Death Metal story hasn't blown up my sails thus far...

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    177

    Default Batman / Superman Annual # 1 (spoilers)

    the truth is that I have not read the comic, but for the advance.
    The fifth-dimensional goblins fight over which of the two heroes would win, then Bat-Mite tells a story where Batman kills Superman.
    It seems to you that Superman cannot beat Batman, not even in imaginary stories.
    batman / superman or batman / superobin

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    So are you going to just freak out every time Bats puts one over Supes? If so you should just give up on reading DC because thatís never going to stop happening. And the context youíve given sounds like itís a complete nonissue, why the hell would you be mad that Batmite creates a fanfic where his favorite hero beats up another hero? And the cherry on top is you getting mad over something you havenít even read to the point you made a thread. Donít do that, that kind of fanboyism isnít mentally healthy.

  14. #14
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So are you going to just freak out every time Bats puts one over Supes? If so you should just give up on reading DC because thatís never going to stop happening. And the context youíve given sounds like itís a complete nonissue, why the hell would you be mad that Batmite creates a fanfic where his favorite hero beats up another hero? And the cherry on top is you getting mad over something you havenít even read to the point you made a thread. Donít do that, that kind of fanboyism isnít mentally healthy.
    batman wins in a fanfic, that means superman can't win even in a fanfic. You are right, it is not healthy to cry about everything, but neither to shut up and continue buying comics as if nothing had happened, Superman has been Batman's mascot for 30 years, if that's okay with you, congratulations, I don't like it and I say so

  15. #15
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,216

    Default

    Old hat, old news, old wig even. At this point, I give a big fat meh. Batman owning Superman in humiliating fashion is par for the course at DC Comics/Warner Media.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-29-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •