Default Death Metal: Secret Origin

Did anyone got to read the issue? I actually kinda like it. I have no idea how to do the spoiler tag.

For spoilers you do this [spoil] and do the same thing at the end but with write spoil like this /spoil, in the same box.

As for the issue yes I read it, and I’m not sure if this is meant to be the end of Prime or possibly the beginning of a change. And Krypto is best dog
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    For spoilers you do this [spoil] and do the same thing at the end but with write spoil like this /spoil, in the same box.

As for the issue yes I read it, and I’m not sure if this is meant to be the end of Prime or possibly the beginning of a change. And Krypto is best dog
    Personally I think this might be the end for Prime. Honestly it should.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Which just goes to show it was Didio who was forcing this "turn him into a metaphor for all the fans who don't like my ideas" crap. Now that he's gone, they can actually give him a happy ending.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm legit happy for Prime. You can almost feel for him. From his perspective, these characters aren't real. He's a real boy stuck in a comic book where he knows people will be rebooted retconned or brought back from the dead. It's chaotic and nonsensical. I'm glad that he got this happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Personally I think this might be the end for Prime. Honestly it should.
    Yep I hope this it. Frankly Johns was the only one who could write him well imo. I’m glad he got a happy ending. Also spoilers:
    did he just kill TBWLs? Because that’s hilarious if so. I’m assuming he just weakened him enough for WW to finish the job
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I thought that was a fitting ending to the character, who I loved the more of an outrageous parody of fanboys he became, but it was time to put the character to bed. The joke had long since outstayed its welcome. This was as respectful a closing chapter as the character was likely to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep I hope this it. Frankly Johns was the only one who could write him well imo. I’m glad he got a happy ending. Also spoilers:
    did he just kill TBWLs? Because that’s hilarious if so. I’m assuming he just weakened him enough for WW to finish the job
    end of spoilers
    I am happy he got a happy sending and that he kicked the **** out of BatLMFAO. Remember guys Batman who Laughs got legitimately defeated by a Superman. I imagine WW will land the killing blow but Prime did all the work

Overall I thought it was a good read. I still think Prime was made to be a bit too sympathetic considering how bat **** crazy and murdery he’s been over the years. I loved how Johns found a cool way to incorporate his reality altering punches. Something that I always hated but it worked here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Overall I thought it was a good read. I still think Prime was made to be a bit too sympathetic considering how bat **** crazy and murdery he’s been over the years. I loved how Johns found a cool way to incorporate his reality altering punches. Something that I always hated but it worked here.
    At the end of the day, I think Prime's characterization is consistent with what he's done before, especially since it's under Johns pen. Prime absolutely did do those horrible things, but keep in mind, he's also one of the very few who remembered the fallout of COIE, while everyone else was folded into the universe with new memories, Prime remembered all he had and all he lost, his parents his friends his girlfriend Laurie. No one else had to deal with that trauma but him, Kal-L had his Lois and Alexander didn't know of what was before, at least like the others. So I can sympathise with him on that front, did he go about it the wrong way, with getting his world back? Hell yeah, but this issue did give us a interesting dive into his head. He just wanted to be loved and embraced by everyone like Superman was, but beacuse of his bad decisions and how he went about things never could.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don't know. This seems like a long time coming. And Prime himself seemed tired of all of this in the issue.