Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Superman literally throws Batman into the sun in Myx's half of the story. So even if one cares about this type of nonsense, and the insecurity of Superman fans is getting close to parody at this point, this book would be a wash.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's Batmite. I'd be offended if he has Superman win. His entire schtick is he's an over-the-top Batman fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's Batmite. I'd be offended if he has Superman win. His entire schtick is he's an over-the-top Batman fanboy.
    True That
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

I laughed out loud on this page.

Boom_done.jpg

So yeah Navi if you’re reading this thread, Superman actually does beat Batman in two of these fanfic stories. Overall this issue was funny, reminds me of a similar issue in the old Superman/Batman series where two kids have the same argument and come to the same conclusion. Wasn’t there another similar Mxy/Bat-Mite issue where they fight over who is better? One where they end up nuking Darkseid? I could swear that was a thing. I kinda wish we had gotten to see Krypto vs. Ace play out lol.

spoilers:
    Krypto would totally win
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Superman literally throws Batman into the sun in Myx's half of the story. So even if one cares about this type of nonsense, and the insecurity of Superman fans is getting close to parody at this point, this book would be a wash.
    It's not just a Superman fan thing either. I gave up trying to convince my fellow Hal Jordan fans long ago that DC Super Hero Girls was just a silly comedy show like Teen Titans Go rather than a malicious attack on our favorite character.

I understand that we often attach our own self worth to these characters, but everything can't be seen as an attack or insult. Sometimes it's just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    the truth is that I have not read the comic, but for the advance.
    The fifth-dimensional goblins fight over which of the two heroes would win, then Bat-Mite tells a story where Batman kills Superman.
    It seems to you that Superman cannot beat Batman, not even in imaginary stories.
    batman / superman or batman / superobin
    Bro, Batman dies 3 times in the comic. Superman only dies one.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I love a good goofy Mxy vs Bat-Mite story and this one did not disappoint. I particularly liked the call out of old fans making it all about them at the expense of the kids, who these characters were originally meant for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

So yeah Navi if you’re reading this thread, Superman actually does beat Batman in two of these fanfic stories. Overall this issue was funny, reminds me of a similar issue in the old Superman/Batman series where two kids have the same argument and come to the same conclusion. Wasn’t there another similar Mxy/Bat-Mite issue where they fight over who is better? One where they end up nuking Darkseid? I could swear that was a thing. I kinda wish we had gotten to see Krypto vs. Ace play out lol.

spoilers:
    Krypto would totally win
    end of spoilers
    Yep

spoilers:
    Krypto would totally win
    end of spoilers
    Batman also ends up dying in all of them. The only thing that rubbed me off was Batman having a contingency plan...in the Fortress Of Solitude

spoilers:
    Krypto would totally win
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I love a good goofy Mxy vs Bat-Mite story and this one did not disappoint. I particularly liked the call out of old fans making it all about them at the expense of the kids, who these characters were originally meant for.
    I agree with you two more than not and I too love a good Mxy/Mite story so I'm stoked to be reading this tomorrow. Eaglesham and Melnikov on pencils as well? Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yep
    Ok, this story became ten times more interesting.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's not just a Superman fan thing either. I gave up trying to convince my fellow Hal Jordan fans long ago that DC Super Hero Girls was just a silly comedy show like Teen Titans Go rather than a malicious attack on our favorite character.

I understand that we often attach our own self worth to these characters, but everything can't be seen as an attack or insult. Sometimes it's just a joke.
    Yeah, some fans take everything as a slight and it gets tiresome. It's why I don't frequent appreciation threads too often despite loving the character-- it gets negative fast and over the smallest things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yep
    Haha holy **** that’s where the Darkseid laughing pic comes from? I’ve seen that pic across the Internet but never knew where it came from. Thanks for solving that mystery for me.

I haven't laughed that hard at a comic book in a while. I loved this one. Bizarro on the cover killed me from the first moment.