Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Comparing actual state Conner vs Jon vs Bizarro

    So actually:

    https://www.cbr.com/dc-most-warped-s...-powerful-god/
    Bizarro fights Trigon and defeats him

    https://www.cbr.com/legion-of-super-heroes-7-3/
    Jon Kent is seemingly the new Superman and prominent member who invented the intergalactic UN etc. etc.

    https://www.cbr.com/lois-lane-superboy-secret/
    Conner

    Wow....

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    194

    Default

    1 is shown to be insanely powerful

    1 is shown to be increasingly important

    And
    1 is shown to be not unique at all, and somehow easy to figure out who his genetics comes from, even though he was made to look just like superman.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,531

    Default

    I can't really speak for Bizarro, since I don't read Outlaws. I have no idea what that guy is up to these days. Wasn't he super smart for a while? Is that still a thing?

    With Jon, he's kind of like the Prince of the Silver Age. A lot of Clark's Silver Age antics and elements are being remixed with Jon into a nice generational story. He gets to go on crazy adventures across time, space, and different dimensions, then goes home to his loving, supportive parents. I see a lot of Silver Age Clark in that kid, and always have. I think it's a great vibe for the kid; it's upbeat and imaginative and so very true to the history and the legacy he carries.

    Conner has had some weird phases over the years, and been different things. But in a vague, generalizing kind of way, I see him as sort of the Prince of the Golden Age. I think Conner's got that Golden Age rebel mentality where he's a little rougher, more impulsive, likes to show off more and has less patience. He's the angry young product of his generation, even as his generation shifts to keep him young. Conner is less powerful too, obviously.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

    ~ Black Panther.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I can't really speak for Bizarro, since I don't read Outlaws. I have no idea what that guy is up to these days. Wasn't he super smart for a while? Is that still a thing?

    With Jon, he's kind of like the Prince of the Silver Age. A lot of Clark's Silver Age antics and elements are being remixed with Jon into a nice generational story. He gets to go on crazy adventures across time, space, and different dimensions, then goes home to his loving, supportive parents. I see a lot of Silver Age Clark in that kid, and always have. I think it's a great vibe for the kid; it's upbeat and imaginative and so very true to the history and the legacy he carries.

    Conner has had some weird phases over the years, and been different things. But in a vague, generalizing kind of way, I see him as sort of the Prince of the Golden Age. I think Conner's got that Golden Age rebel mentality where he's a little rougher, more impulsive, likes to show off more and has less patience. He's the angry young product of his generation, even as his generation shifts to keep him young. Conner is less powerful too, obviously.
    Less powerful than who?
    He was the one who fought against Superboy Prime,Gog,Doomsday,Aquaman etc.

    So theoretical he should be the most powerful of all three...


    But I actually absolutely DONT understand what you are talking about, since it has nothing to do with what I showed....



    What I mean is:

    -Bizarro just got one of the biggest victories in DC EVER!!
    I mean we have seen that Trigon is probably more powerful than Darkseid and this victory is a huge feat for everyone...

    -Jon Kent gets the role of new Superman, inspiration of LoSh etc. etc.

    -Conner has seemingly lost MOST of his history, he was only there to be one of the three to blow Red Cloud away and Lois only said that he looks like if Clark and Lex had a baby...


    So its incredible sad, to see that the other 2 accomplish high level feats, get praised, get developed etc. etc. while he accomplished nothing during the whole Rebirth Run so far...

    Conner was more used to develop stories:
    -he had to be rescued from WarWorld
    -currently he is also more a symbol of timeline issues than everything else...


    I was really looking forward for Conners return, but so far his return feels pointless and I hope that he might get a Solo-Series written by Lobdell...

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,139

    Default

    Yeah! Conner ain't more powerful than either superman or bizarro. There is no way that's happening. Unless, bizarro mental facilities play a part. As for jon, i would prefer jon being less powerful. I wish they would keep the kids energy and enthusiasm.

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Well I do agree thst Conners return has felt very blah, and I have been a fan of his since his conception, so it's hard to see him so blah, when there is so much more they can do with him.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Less powerful than who?
    The other Supers you're talking about, obviously.

    Conner's lack of raw power compared to the rest of the family has been a thread in his narrative going back to the beginning. Some versions, like the New52 Superboy or adult Conner from the future, are at least as powerful as a regular Kryptonian (if not more so) but "regular" Conner has rarely, if ever, met that potential.

    But I actually absolutely DONT understand what you are talking about, since it has nothing to do with what I showed....
    Well clearly I wasn't sure what you were talking about either. Thread says you want to compare them, then all you posted was a couple articles showing what each character is up to right now.

    Apparently you just wanted to bitch about Conner not punching gods into oblivion lately.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Conner was grown in a dish as opposed to Jon being natural born, so if you want to bring up how one is more powerful than the other, that's where it should come down to, frankly. They're both human/Kryptonian hybrids.

    Given that Jon is the current Superboy destined to take over for Superman as well as the blood son, I'm going to assume that if they fought, Jon would win.

    Sure, Jon doesn't have as many wins under his belt. He hasn't had the twenty year head-start Conner had. That doesn't mean much in superhero comics. Superman had an 80 year history of wins and losses and then the new Damage showed up and apparently he's stronger. DC doesn't respect their history so it really comes down to plot armor, writer preference and your own personal belief on these characters. I count Harley v. The Trinity as bad fanfic no matter what Heroes in Crisis tries to tell me. My brain isn't so soft and my need for Harley to be top dog that I can justify that as anything other than awful storytelling. But if you want to hold all of in-continuity publication as sacred, fine.

    In the end, I would put Conner beneath Jon as well. Johns kind of gutted the character and made him a lot more boring by taking away most of his personality and bringing his design down to "the CW's Superboy." Granted his initial look didn't blow me away either. Under Patrick Gleason's pencils, the Young Justice look for Conner was probably the best he'd ever had. As far as I remember, too, he was the runt of the Super family. It always went Superman > Power Girl >= Supergirl > Superboy > Krypto.

    Frankly, I still feel that's true with Supergirl and Power Girl likely leveling out now that Kara is finally more popular than she's been in a long time and Karen's muscle/age advantage not coming up as much anymore, and Superboy being split into Jon > Conner.

    Ultimately, it's just personal preference.

    If you don't think Bizarro beating up Trigon isn't just going to be ignored or revealed to just have been a fragment of Trigon's power/imposter if referenced again, you haven't been reading very long. Most of these wild upheavals are generally unwritten or just allowed to be ignored forever because, well, it's poor editorial control. To be honest, I think most of editorial just ignores Red Hood: Outlaw.


    I know Conner is a huge favorite for you and I sympathize. Power Girl is one of my absolute favorite characters in fiction, but she gets beat up pretty badly by editorial. The last time we really got proper Kara Zor-L was in 2011, as her New 52 series changed her personality way too much to really be the same character. I am also convinced they're going to throw some big, boneheaded change that doesn't make sense for the character when she comes back to either push some initiative they've got going on at the time or because they don't get her (something she has in common for pretty much every Super character).

    So I get it, but much like how I think PG is physically stronger than Diana (though would likely never beat Wonder Woman in a fight), it's not popular opinion and I respect that. You want your very particular take on Conner to be canon and able to beat anybody up then drive away on his motorcycle. That's fine, but understand it's not a popular take and be more reasonable in your arguments. If you think that Conner is the first character to get pushed then abandoned, you're sorely mistaken. Take a big look at Kyle Rayner and Wally West. They struggle for page time and they were literally 40% of DC's Big Five, one of which for over twenty years. Conner is small potatoes compared to those two and he actually gets to be published in a monthly book. Count your blessings.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-01-2020 at 12:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,962

    Default

    I'm curious which is the real bizarro? The guy in Outlaws doesn't have a kid and a wife does he?

  10. #10
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm curious which is the real bizarro? The guy in Outlaws doesn't have a kid and a wife does he?
    The answer is both are real.

    The one in Outlaws is a clone made by Lex, and the one with the wife and kid is from another universe in the Multiverse where everyone is a bizarro on a cubed Earth.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The answer is both are real.

    The one in Outlaws is a clone made by Lex, and the one with the wife and kid is from another universe in the Multiverse where everyone is a bizarro on a cubed Earth.
    Which one was the one from the old Superman comics ? I thought that was the lex clone?

    Nice avatar by the way

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Which one was the one from the old Superman comics ? I thought that was the lex clone?

    Nice avatar by the way
    Pre-FP Bizarro is the one from the cube world. Bizarro from the Outlaws is the second version of B-Zero, the Super-clone Lex unleashed during Forever Evil, who also turned out to be surprisingly kind of heart and warmed even our baldy's one. Then was killed.

    Current Outlaw Bizarro started as you standard gentle giant Bizarro, became super-intelligent and then lost this ability and became dumb again but mastered Zen in the process. He's absolutely awesome, hand down one of the best members of the Super-family, even if unacknowledged. Just the annual where he falls in love with a bearded woman and sees absolutely nothing strange in her and is unable to comprehend why she'd feel bad ebcause she's different from others is pure gold.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Pre-FP Bizarro is the one from the cube world. Bizarro from the Outlaws is the second version of B-Zero, the Super-clone Lex unleashed during Forever Evil, who also turned out to be surprisingly kind of heart and warmed even our baldy's one. Then was killed.

    Current Outlaw Bizarro started as you standard gentle giant Bizarro, became super-intelligent and then lost this ability and became dumb again but mastered Zen in the process. He's absolutely awesome, hand down one of the best members of the Super-family, even if unacknowledged. Just the annual where he falls in love with a bearded woman and sees absolutely nothing strange in her and is unable to comprehend why she'd feel bad ebcause she's different from others is pure gold.
    No, Cube world Bizarro is pre crisis. Clone thing was an explanation given after when multiverse died in crisis on infinite earths.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-02-2020 at 11:31 PM.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No, Cube world Bizarro is pre crisis. Clone thing was an explanation given when multiverse died.
    Cube World, if briefly, came back into being in the arc just before Bendis took over. That Bizarro and his "League" also popped up in The Terrifics.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The other Supers you're talking about, obviously.

    Conner's lack of raw power compared to the rest of the family has been a thread in his narrative going back to the beginning. Some versions, like the New52 Superboy or adult Conner from the future, are at least as powerful as a regular Kryptonian (if not more so) but "regular" Conner has rarely, if ever, met that potential.

    Well clearly I wasn't sure what you were talking about either. Thread says you want to compare them, then all you posted was a couple articles showing what each character is up to right now.

    Apparently you just wanted to bitch about Conner not punching gods into oblivion lately.
    Actually speaking about feats I would maybe rank Conner as Nr.2 behind Clark:
    He had encounters with Cyborg Superman,Aquaman,Mon-El,Doomsday Clone,Kingdom Come Superman,Gog etc. and did well.
    He was one of the few who were able to put up a fight against Superboy Prime and managed to make him bleed, he was equal to Mon-El etc.

    He was also able to react to Kingdom Come Flash who is so fast that normally only KC Superman sees him...

    The only time where we have seen his limits where the encounter with Superboy Prime and this could have been due the fact that he was only a teenager at this time.

    But if he lives up to his full potential, he is able to fight Superboy Prime-which is HIGH!! Level..



    And what I wanted to show with these three links is:

    -Jonathan Samuel Kent gets the new Superman and is the major hero/influence/idol in the LoSh timeline

    -Bizarro kills Trigon

    so the 2 get out of (almost) nowhere incredible feats,development etc. while

    -Superboy shows up and Lois looks at him and says: You look like if Clark and Lex had a baby...
    and before: did he win a contest?



    Its almost symptomatic for me for Conners Rebirth Career:
    The other 2 (Bizarro and Jon) get incredible pushes and feats and Conner, who actually was the one who fought Superboy Prime and saved Multiverse etc. gets a minor role and even 2 strange comments from Lois...



    I almost fear that he will get Jonathans Sidekick if the 2 stay together for longer...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •