Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reading the Entire Uncanny X-Men Run

I recently completed my Uncanny X-Men collection on Comixology, and am planning to read from X-Men #1 through Uncanny X-Men #22 from 2019. It's a ridiculous undertaking, which i'm sure many of you have attempted. I'm curious, if you have tried this, have you also read other X-Men series while you've read the entire run? Uncanny used to be the main storyline, with other offshoots focusing on other teams, stories etc...

But which books would you consider to be crucial? The original X-Factor run? The Claremont/Lee X-Men from 1991 which turned into Morrison & Quitely's New X-Men run and finished up as Legacy? What about in the last 5 years or so. What would you consider to be the "main" storyline?

And what would you use as parameters? Following Scott Summers (up to a certain point, obviously)?

Just reading Uncanny is going to take a long time, so I'm trying to keep it tight. Not planning to expand to New Mutants, X-Force, the later X-Factors, the various Wolverine books etc...

If you did it, or would do it, how did/would you do it?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by stwaz; 07-30-2020 at 07:12 AM.